E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Limp one... need help? (with pics)

07-08-2009, 02:09 PM   #1
Koalway Kid
Koalway Kid 69
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 120D Sport (f20)

Garage List
Limp one... need help? (with pics)

Hi everybody, I’ve just got back from my 2nd annual trip to the Nurburgring…. and even though I enjoyed every minute the 335d suffered limp mode again… the only way I could do a full lap without the granny kicking the turbos in the nuts was to drive very smooth and not let the traction control light flash… I was obviously driving with all driver aids on… has anyone experience a limp one at the ring?

Pic's from Frozenspeed!
Attached Images

120D Sport (F20) Bk Sapphire/Coral Red/Piano trim/Sport Seats/18” 385 wheels/ Sport 8 speed step auto/Park Assist/Internet/Office/3D Nav/DAB radio/ Harmon Kardon/M Sport suspension/Anthracite headlining/ Driver comfort package/Interior comfort package/ Visibility package/Sun protection package/BMW Pro Media package/Variable m sport steering/PDC
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 02:47 PM   #2
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Great pics mate, car looks superb..

I hammered the fuck out of mine at the ring with no issues at all.. I did have DTC partially disabled tho..

with it on the car was being severely strangled.

What map you running?
      07-08-2009, 02:54 PM   #3
Koalway Kid
Koalway Kid 69
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Still running the superchips map... i also drive very aggressive (like i stole it) and was worried about turning off driver aids as it did save me several times by pulling the bugger back in-line after brutal 4 wheel drifts at 100mph+....
120D Sport (F20) Bk Sapphire/Coral Red/Piano trim/Sport Seats/18” 385 wheels/ Sport 8 speed step auto/Park Assist/Internet/Office/3D Nav/DAB radio/ Harmon Kardon/M Sport suspension/Anthracite headlining/ Driver comfort package/Interior comfort package/ Visibility package/Sun protection package/BMW Pro Media package/Variable m sport steering/PDC
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 03:19 PM   #4
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Morgan View Post
Still running the superchips map... i also drive very aggressive (like i stole it) and was worried about turning off driver aids as it did save me several times by pulling the bugger back in-line after brutal 4 wheel drifts at 100mph+....
Thats how i drive mine mate.

You would have been less ragged with T/C left on as it reigns in the car so much.

You would also prob find the care more predictable with it off also. I have.

I think you should get it back down the tuners mate,

What was the ambient temps out there at the weekend?
      07-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #5
G33
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

lovely pics.

msport looks so good there
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 03:32 PM   #6
Koalway Kid
Koalway Kid 69
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Thats how i drive mine mate.

You would have been less ragged with T/C left on as it reigns in the car so much.

You would also prob find the care more predictable with it off also. I have.

I think you should get it back down the tuners mate,

What was the ambient temps out there at the weekend?
I went prepared with pyrometer this time but dont wana bore you with all the temps... the car would only do approx 5 mins on full beans whatever the temp... morning temp 19 deg c mid day 26 deg c... I was going to try turning off traction control late sunday but it pissed down... still did a couple of laps in the rain... that was entertaining ha ha
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 03:33 PM   #7
Koalway Kid
Koalway Kid 69
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by G33 View Post
lovely pics.

msport looks so good there
Thanks bud... I'm well please with pic's
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 04:29 PM   #8
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post

You would also prob find the care more predictable with it off also. I have
I totally agree.
Appreciate 0