E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Sunroof Anti-Trap Function

07-01-2009, 08:39 AM   #1
andy69
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90-320d

Sunroof Anti-Trap Function

Got in the car this morning, switched on and got this message "Sliding sun roof anti-trap function activated" plus the sunroof symbol on the display. I havent touched the sunroof for a week or so, so I dont know why it has decided to give me this fault now. When I operate it, it will only tilt but will only slide about an inch, no visible signs of anything stuck in the mechanism.

Anyone else had this and if so what is the cure ? Cant find my user manual right now so any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 08:52 AM   #2
SoCalTech
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW yet...

Might be something blocking the track, but it also could have just lost initialization. Close the sunroof, then hold the button up for about two minutes until the glass tilts up, tilts down, goes all the way back, and then all the way forward again, then release. This will probably fix it.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 10:30 AM   #3
andy69
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90-320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTech View Post
Might be something blocking the track, but it also could have just lost initialization. Close the sunroof, then hold the button up for about two minutes until the glass tilts up, tilts down, goes all the way back, and then all the way forward again, then release. This will probably fix it.
Thanks for that, will give it a try
Appreciate 0