E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Screwed by VAC/Mike

Closed Thread

05-29-2013, 06:26 AM   #1
Dymag
NC BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is , 6 speed mt

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.00]
Screwed by VAC/Mike

VAC product received, but does not fit/work.

Spoke with Mike from VAC about issues with VAC product, installation, and use.

Mike requested product be sent to him/VAC for "turning"/repair because it does not fit as intended - something is wrong with product - it is too big.

Product returned to VAC as requested, and received by VAC.

Neither VAC or Mike responds to me with any update. After one month I contact VAC/Mike. Mike explains that he is unable to produce a product that will fit my 2013 car, even though this ordered properly and attempted to be installed as instructed.

Mike states that he will have VAC issue a refund to me in lieu of producing product that functions as advertised.

Several weeks and several e-mail follow, but no refund.

2.5 months after receipt of VAC product, VAC accounting sends an email stating that a refund was issued to my American Express card and provides the date and ending card numbers . . . . . . . As luck and VAC/Mike's incompetence shines, I do not own an American Express card, the account ending numbers do NOT match any of my charge cards, and the stated amount of return is less than what I paid for product.

Accounting does not respond to calls or emails. On May 6th, Mike did finally contact me. We spoke two times that day and discussed this debacle. Mike stated that he would talk with the people involved with this and have my refund issued . . . . . . . NO REFUND

Still NO REFUND

Mike / VAC will not respond to calls or emails, and I still have not received refund and do NOT have product.

Mike from VAC Now please try to follow through with customers especially when YOUR requests are followed for installation and return. You chose not to re-finish the product as you stated you would. Now refund $ as you stated you would. You could not/did not deliver a repaired product as you stated that you could/would !

Provide Repairs and Refunds to people when you promise to. You have the product that I paid for; it was returned to you as you requested. I have neither product nor money, but did everything with product exactly as you specified; you/VAC could not make it work.

Now you owe the refund, as you stated you "would take care of".
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 06:54 AM   #2
metro44m3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Looks like a good reason not to do business with him or vac. I would say if you don't get your result within the next day contact the forum admins to have vac removed from forum sonsorship as this is not acceptable customer service..(unless there is another side to the story we don't know).

To the Vendor...it's better off to make one person happy than piss off an entire forum of m3 drivers, what a shame sorry you have to go through this bro...

Edit...there are probably always 2 sides to the story...

Last edited by metro44m3; 05-29-2013 at 10:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 07:22 AM   #3
Dymag
NC BMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.00]
Screwed by VAC / Mike

Thanks. Agreed, this not acceptable. I have now seen posts and interacted with other members who have had similar issues with VAC product and had to "fight" for returns/refunds .

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro44m3 View Post
Looks like a good reason not to do business with him or vac. I would say if you don't get your result within the next day contact the forum admins to have vac removed from forum sonsorship as this is not acceptable customer service..(unless there is another side to the story we don't know).

To the Vendor...it's better off to make one person happy than piss off an entire forum of m3 drivers, what a shame sorry you have to go through this bro...
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 07:39 AM   #4
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Have your credit card company do a charge back. Simple. Effective. And he can only have so many charge backs before his merchant account is canceled.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 08:59 AM   #5
toddcc1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymag View Post
VAC product received, but does not fit/work.

Spoke with Mike from VAC about issues with VAC product, installation, and use.

Mike requested product be sent to him/VAC for "turning"/repair because it does not fit as intended - something is wrong with product - it is too big.

Product returned to VAC as requested, and received by VAC.

Neither VAC or Mike responds to me with any update. After one month I contact VAC/Mike. Mike explains that he is unable to produce a product that will fit my 2013 car, even though this ordered properly and attempted to be installed as instructed.

Mike states that he will have VAC issue a refund to me in lieu of producing product that functions as advertised.

Several weeks and several e-mail follow, but no refund.

2.5 months after receipt of VAC product, VAC accounting sends an email stating that a refund was issued to my American Express card and provides the date and ending card numbers . . . . . . . As luck and VAC/Mike's incompetence shines, I do not own an American Express card, the account ending numbers do NOT match any of my charge cards, and the stated amount of return is less than what I paid for product.

Accounting does not respond to calls or emails. On May 6th, Mike did finally contact me. We spoke two times that day and discussed this debacle. Mike stated that he would talk with the people involved with this and have my refund issued . . . . . . . NO REFUND

Still NO REFUND

Mike / VAC will not respond to calls or emails, and I still have not received refund and do NOT have product.

Mike from VAC Now please try to follow through with customers especially when YOUR requests are followed for installation and return. You chose not to re-finish the product as you stated you would. Now refund $ as you stated you would. You could not/did not deliver a repaired product as you stated that you could/would !

Provide Repairs and Refunds to people when you promise to. You have the product that I paid for; it was returned to you as you requested. I have neither product nor money, but did everything with product exactly as you specified; you/VAC could not make it work.

Now you owe the refund, as you stated you "would take care of".
You know you can file a dispute with your card service. Typically, they'll refund your money, then begin an investigation.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 09:11 AM   #6
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

i would definitely file a dispute!
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 08:10 PM   #7
Dymag
NC BMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.00]
Screwed by VAC

Initially, via phone, VAC was/seemed very eager to help make the product fit. VAC, not able to offer product to fit my '13, offered to process a refund. This turned into the debacle, and I have not received the refund.

Agreed, a dispute is the course of action, but I also want to bring the actions of VAC / Mike to light for all to heed.

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 08:13 PM   #8
Dymag
NC BMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.00]
Screwed by VAC / Mike

Initially, via phone, VAC was/seemed very eager to help make the product fit. VAC, not able to offer product to fit my '13, offered to process a refund. This turned into the debacle, and I have not received the refund.

Agreed, a dispute is the course of action, but I also want to bring the actions of VAC / Mike to light for all to heed.

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 10:00 PM   #9
Brian_VACsales
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 VF Supercharged, 135i

Quote:
What will a dispute do? You didn't buy the parts from VAC.

I posted this on e90 Post:

1. 3/03/13 - You purchased our E9X hub extenders from an authorized (and great!) VAC dealer, not VAC direct. We drop shipped them on their behalf as we are closer to you and it would ensure you get the parts as quickly as possible. Mourad (VAC sales) processed the transaction for the dealer.

2. You were unable to get the hub extenders to work on your car stating they were manufactured incorrectly.

3. 3/27/13 - You spoke/emailed with Mourad (new guy) in sales and he issued an RMA and call tag thinking you bought the units from us directly. Once this error occurred, we realized it wasn't the worst error as it didn't make much sense for you to ship them cross country to the dealer who would then send them back to us for a warranty claim. You and I spoke on the phone and I said we would test fit them to see if they were OK, then come up with a plan of action.

4. We test fit them on our 2008 135i and a 2012 335is that were in the shop, they fit fine.

5. I trusted that you did your best to get them on, so I told you that I would take these back with no issues - but our dealer would have to issue the refund since he has your CC info on file. As you know, you have never bought anything from VAC directly. You have record of the RA issued on behalf of the dealer.

6. 4/3/13 - we issued a refund to our dealer so he could refund you. Mourad alerted him that this all went down. You have record of this refund to the dealer as well.

I told you countless times that the refund would have to be issued by the dealer you bought the parts from and that you may want to ring him to finalize everything. I promised that we would alert him and we did. I sent another alert recently too.

Also, I have over 20 emails and at least 6 phone calls on record between VAC and you. You had communication with me, Mourad and Lorie. We all told you the same thing.

Between 3/03/13 and 5/29/13 you did not contact the person you bought the parts from. Not sure why honestly.

On Tuesday you threatened my office manger via email - promising 'upcoming recourse' Yesterday you threatened me via PM - you were going to throw down some old fashioned internet defamation (libel) - which you lived up to by creating 6 duplicate threads on e90 Post and M3 Post last night.

You accused me of not leaving you a voice mail last night, but I have phone record of doing so and a witness who was in the shop when I did it. You quoted my replies to you last night in the removed threads (which obviously aren't deleted-deleted) and altered my statements.

I have been 100% up front throughout and my story has been the same from day 1. I will reach out the the dealer again, no problemo!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 10:11 PM   #10
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@VAC View Post
What will a dispute do? You didn't buy the parts from VAC.

I posted this on e90 Post:

1. 3/03/13 - You purchased our E9X hub extenders from an authorized (and great!) VAC dealer, not VAC direct. We drop shipped them on their behalf as we are closer to you and it would ensure you get the parts as quickly as possible. Mourad (VAC sales) processed the transaction for the dealer.

2. You were unable to get the hub extenders to work on your car stating they were manufactured incorrectly.

3. 3/27/13 - You spoke/emailed with Mourad (new guy) in sales and he issued an RMA and call tag thinking you bought the units from us directly. Once this error occurred, we realized it wasn't the worst error as it didn't make much sense for you to ship them cross country to the dealer who would then send them back to us for a warranty claim. You and I spoke on the phone and I said we would test fit them to see if they were OK, then come up with a plan of action.

4. We test fit them on our 2008 135i and a 2012 335is that were in the shop, they fit fine.

5. I trusted that you did your best to get them on, so I told you that I would take these back with no issues - but our dealer would have to issue the refund since he has your CC info on file. As you know, you have never bought anything from VAC directly. You have record of the RA issued on behalf of the dealer.

6. 4/3/13 - we issued a refund to our dealer so he could refund you. Mourad alerted him that this all went down. You have record of this refund to the dealer as well.

I told you countless times that the refund would have to be issued by the dealer you bought the parts from and that you may want to ring him to finalize everything. I promised that we would alert him and we did. I sent another alert recently too.

Also, I have over 20 emails and at least 6 phone calls on record between VAC and you. You had communication with me, Mourad and Lorie. We all told you the same thing.

Between 3/03/13 and 5/29/13 you did not contact the person you bought the parts from. Not sure why honestly.

On Tuesday you threatened my office manger via email - promising 'upcoming recourse' Yesterday you threatened me via PM - you were going to throw down some old fashioned internet defamation (libel) - which you lived up to by creating 6 duplicate threads on e90 Post and M3 Post last night.

You accused me of not leaving you a voice mail last night, but I have phone record of doing so and a witness who was in the shop when I did it. You quoted my replies to you last night in the removed threads (which obviously aren't deleted-deleted) and altered my statements.

I have been 100% up front throughout and my story has been the same from day 1. I will reach out the the dealer again, no problemo!
great, clear and fair response!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 10:20 PM   #11
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tw00t View Post
Not really. It does not take 2 months for Vac or their dealers to issue a refund.
Once mike or his reps noticed several calls emails reaching no resolution they should have taken it directly to the dealer in question. Customer service. I think it is much less time consuming for mike/vac to reach out To dealer in question and demand a refund instead of now defending Vac and mikes reputation on the forum.
Vf supercharger + tune/H&R coils/ Akra evolution exhaust/Volk te37/ Rs-3 tires/ Brembos /TIal BOV/ OSS blacked out headlights/LUX v3/Led taillights/ Challenge Front lip/ P3 vent gauge/ F10 m5 shift mob/Matte black front grills/ And a funky air fresher
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 10:22 PM   #12
Dymag
NC BMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.00]
Screwed by VAC

VAC / Mike could NOT produce a product that fit my '13 as advertised. VAC / Mike, asked to have product returned to VAC and supplied the shipping label; claiming he would have the product "turned" as they have had issues with product in the past.

Mike promised to arrange refund after he admitted to not being able to supply appropriate product. He does not know if 2013 differ from other years, but cannot supply product that will function on my car.

See others with similar issues with VAC and product that does not fit or work as advertised.

VAC has received payment AND has received product back (VAC manufactured product).

Rather simple VAC has payment and product, customer has neither money nor product.

VAC owes . . . . . . BEWARE TO ALL POTENTIAL VAC Customers !!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 10:29 PM   #13
Dymag
NC BMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.00]
Screwed by VAC

Simply put, VAC has received payment and received product back as requested.

I (customer) followed all of VAC requests, returned product to VAC (as manufacturer) and waited for repair/re-make.

VAC did not contact me back, but upon my calls and emails admitted to not being able to produce working product.

Mike personally (and cordially) assured me that he would address the accounting errors and arrange for my refund - because VAC had received payment and now had product back in house.

The customer is certainly entitled to either product or money back . . . VAC has both.

Mike's story has changed several times, and lies do not change facts.

For ~ $65 , VAC would rather lie and risk all of this instead of following through with what was offered.

BEWARE of VAC !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tw00t View Post
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 10:32 PM   #14
Dymag
NC BMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.00]
Screwed by VAC

For the record and for the protection of others on this and multiple other forums, you have blatantly lied multiple times.

You walked me through install and admitted that the product was TOO BIG.

After asking me to ship product directly to you, you stated that you did not know if 2013's were different than prior years and were unable to check.

During our second phone call on May 6, 2013, you clearly stated that your accounting person made errors (plural), and that you would indeed arrange for my refund - full payment .

ANYONE WHO IS INTERESTED IN EMAILS, and/or Verification of PHONE conversations, please let me know.

BOTTOM LINE - - - - STAY AWAY FROM VAC
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 10:35 PM   #15
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
BEWARE of VAC !!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 11:16 PM   #16
Brian_VACsales
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 VF Supercharged, 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymag
VAC / Mike could NOT produce a product that fit my '13 as advertised. VAC / Mike, asked to have product returned to VAC and supplied the shipping label; claiming he would have the product "turned" as they have had issues with product in the past.

Mike promised to arrange refund after he admitted to not being able to supply appropriate product. He does not know if 2013 differ from other years, but cannot supply product that will function on my car.

See others with similar issues with VAC and product that does not fit or work as advertised.

VAC has received payment AND has received product back (VAC manufactured product).

Rather simple VAC has payment and product, customer has neither money nor product.

VAC owes . . . . . . BEWARE TO ALL POTENTIAL VAC Customers !!!!
I never promised to 'turn down' your specific hub extenders.

Why not? We had 2 releases. V1- approx 8 sets were made and they appeared to be a tad too big based on feedback from clients. For the people who had issues (that were brought to our attn) we offered a refund, or a modification of the product.

V2 - we made many many more and had no complaints from the field (that we knew of) other than Ray.

BMW says the hubs are the same for all e9x models (which includes 2013). Since we have be building BMW parts in house for 20 years we know that there might be some manufacturing tolerance discrepancies - such discrepancies are magnified when you want a hub extender to be as tight as possible.

As any car guy knows, hub extenders can get a little tricky and they may take a tad more work than simply popping them in. Or, in extreme cases they simply may not fit.

Ray - have you contacted the vendor yet?

Finally - I am done with this thread - all relevant facts as I know them have been posted. As promised, I will contact the dealer (again) to get Ray sorted out.

General statement: We may make mistakes from time to time or take a bit too long to reply to inquiries/issues - but we are working hard to improve. I can say with 100% confidence we are not in this market to screw people - we are all enthusiasts who live for this stuff. Many of us had much 'fancier' jobs but chose to land in the auto aftermarket for our (sometimes questionable passion for the stuff.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread