E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 9,000mi and counting before I pass the Wastegate Replacement

06-04-2014, 01:01 PM   #1
Greatdane84
Leeeroy Jankins
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e90 LCI

Garage List
2009 335i  [10.00]
9,000mi and counting before I pass the Wastegate Replacement

Turbos are fine with no rattle and good looking logs. Bought car January '13 w/ 54k miles. And by 55k I was running Cobb stg 1 and stg1+FMIC very soon after.

Dilemma: I've always known the turbo wastegate rattle problem ends at 82k and has been a lingering debate of ditch the car at 80k or ride it out... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

I'm really wanting to get downpipes and move up to stg 2. I've put time, sweat, little blood, money into this car and absolutely love it.

Now WWJD....

I could be wrong but won't downpipes actually be better for my turbos and their longevity ?

"If you're not 1st, you're last" -Ricky Bobby
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 12:23 AM   #2
ksalih
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatdane84 View Post
Turbos are fine with no rattle and good looking logs. Bought car January '13 w/ 54k miles. And by 55k I was running Cobb stg 1 and stg1+FMIC very soon after.

Dilemma: I've always known the turbo wastegate rattle problem ends at 82k and has been a lingering debate of ditch the car at 80k or ride it out... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

I'm really wanting to get downpipes and move up to stg 2. I've put time, sweat, little blood, money into this car and absolutely love it.

Now WWJD....

I could be wrong but won't downpipes actually be better for my turbos and their longevity ?
DPs would allow less stress on the turbos due to less back pressure in theory so yes. "Get the DPs and remove them for any warranty work dealing with the turbos if the time comes." -Jesus
Appreciate 0