E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Newbie pics of my e90

10-25-2011, 10:13 AM   #23
Skylinescott
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Sapphire Black E90 325D

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsidee90 View Post
hi scotty

I had my paintshop paint my kidney grills gloss black for me. The lights i got through a company called CPD Car Products Direct I then applied the lamin x file to them ordered the whiter LED's from germany to replace the yellow ones and then fitted the HID kit. Its a bumper off job to fit the lights etc but is no biggie to do. While I had the bumper off I also fitted a hid kit to the fog lamps and applied the yellow lamin x film to them.

I can PM you the number of CPD as i'm not sure if I am allowed to post there details in my reply.
Hey, thanks for the reply

If your could PM me their number i would be very grateful, could you also tell me how much your local paintshop charged you to spray the kidneys? As i might ask mine but dont want to get ripped off :/ lol.

Cheers again westside
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 04:19 PM   #24
westsidee90
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeouk View Post
any chance of some pics of the full car, i want to see the full effect of those wheels, i was thinking of some myself
hi no problem i'll get some up for you
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 04:21 PM   #25
westsidee90
Second Lieutenant
Rep

here u go this is before I wound the coilovers down a bit more and fitted the front lip but it gives you the general idea

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 04:02 AM   #26
NormanHomes
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320D

some good work right there!

what was involved in fitting the back box? did you need to have a new mount welded to accomodate the other side? how much was the backbox as well
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 10:08 AM   #27
westsidee90
Second Lieutenant
Rep

hi Norman, the estate has a canaster on the drivers side where the second bos was due to be mounted. The lads at Pro Custom mounted the 2 boxes on the passangers side (one for each side so they some even as oppposed to using a duplex system)

You can contact below

http://www.profusioncustoms.com/

the making of the exhaust on my 750

http://www.profusioncustoms.com/gall...50i/index.html
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 11:49 AM   #28
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
I've just clicked who you are

Welcome onboard and the tourer looks good

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 06:56 PM   #29
Rob GTI
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330i M Sport

Some nice touches there. Where did you get the induction kit from? Does it give any extra performace or is it just aural pleasure?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 05:52 AM   #30
NormanHomes
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320D

Quote:
hi Norman, the estate has a canaster on the drivers side where the second bos was due to be mounted. The lads at Pro Custom mounted the 2 boxes on the passangers side (one for each side so they some even as oppposed to using a duplex system)

You can contact below

http://www.profusioncustoms.com/

the making of the exhaust on my 750

http://www.profusioncustoms.com/gall...50i/index.html
ahh thats some good work there. Will keep it in mind if i do decide to go for the conversion!

did you fit the headlights yourself? if so when you took the feed for the angel eyes did they cause any bulb errors or are they just plug and play?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 07:05 AM   #31
westsidee90
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob GTI View Post
Some nice touches there. Where did you get the induction kit from? Does it give any extra performace or is it just aural pleasure?
Hi Rob not sure if it adds any BHP but sounds nice under load (well I know when the mrs is comimng home) lol

I actually found this kit on pistonheads so snapped it up for £250
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 07:07 AM   #32
westsidee90
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanHomes View Post
ahh thats some good work there. Will keep it in mind if i do decide to go for the conversion!

did you fit the headlights yourself? if so when you took the feed for the angel eyes did they cause any bulb errors or are they just plug and play?
hi bud

yes i fitte dthe lights myself when i took the bumper off to give it to paintshop to spray and fit my lip.

The headlights come with angel eyes there the depo ones (however the bulbs they use are yellow) I ordered a set of white leds from german ebay which are made to replace the yellow bulbs in the depo lights. They cost 29 euros all you have to do is replace the 8 bulbs in each light with the LED ones job done. No errors.

For the HID your have to buy a digital canbus kit to stop and errors being thrown up i did the same for the fog lights

Hope that helps..
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 07:08 AM   #33
westsidee90
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
I've just clicked who you are

Welcome onboard and the tourer looks good
lol dude but who are you
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 07:20 AM   #34
Nee
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 2008

Quote:
hi bud

yes i fitte dthe lights myself when i took the bumper off to give it to paintshop to spray and fit my lip.

The headlights come with angel eyes there the depo ones (however the bulbs they use are yellow) I ordered a set of white leds from german ebay which are made to replace the yellow bulbs in the depo lights. They cost 29 euros all you have to do is replace the 8 bulbs in each light with the LED ones job done. No errors.

For the HID your have to buy a digital canbus kit to stop and errors being thrown up i did the same for the fog lights

Hope that helps..
The car looks great mate - esp the front end! How much were the headlights? - If you dont me asking. Also, were your standard headlights non- angel eyes?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 09:01 AM   #35
westsidee90
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nee View Post
The car looks great mate - esp the front end! How much were the headlights? - If you dont me asking. Also, were your standard headlights non- angel eyes?
Hi bud yes I had the non angle eyes I looked in splitting the headlights and fitting aftermarket angele eyes but it looked like a complete nightmare.

The front lights cost me 220 from CPD. Car Products Direct based here in the UK.

Mods not sure if I am allowed to mention the name of the compnay i got them from so please feel free to remove the name.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 09:09 AM   #36
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Golf 7R

Will those headlights pass the new MOT?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 09:29 AM   #37
westsidee90
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
Will those headlights pass the new MOT?
i dont see why not, but considering a majority of my friends are MOT testers it makes no differance to me :-)
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 12:53 PM   #38
spodoinklehorse
T.B.C.
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 06 LeMans Blue 320D MSport

Quote:
hi bud

Hope that helps..
Do you happen to have a link for the white leds? I cant find them....
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 01:15 PM   #39
SID335
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335I M SPORT

About time you posted Salee !!!!!

Last edited by SID335; 10-27-2011 at 01:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 04:13 AM   #40
westsidee90
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spodoinklehorse View Post
Do you happen to have a link for the white leds? I cant find them....
hi link for LED lights for ther Depo headlights

http://www.ebay.de/itm/110625118088?...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Also when i fitted the kit the kit to the light i brought the HID bulbs h7r this also stops glare to on comming cars but as the headlights also have projectors built into them this also helps. ITs then worth going to a MOT station to have the angel etc set up. The depo lights come with a leaver inside which you have to push down (IIRC) to set them to RHD

hope this helps :-)

Going to change the plugs etc this weekend I have had some of the engine covers painted to match the brakes and RPI scoops I'll get pics up then its time for a strut brace :-)
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 10:31 AM   #41
Skylinescott
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Another couple of questions for you, where did you purchase the RPI Air Scoops from? Also did you retrofit the headlight washers?

Cheers again.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 02:03 PM   #42
westsidee90
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylinescott View Post
Another couple of questions for you, where did you purchase the RPI Air Scoops from? Also did you retrofit the headlight washers?

Cheers again.
Hi Scott my car came with the headlight washers already. The RPI scoops I brought from my mate who sold his e92 m3. However you caqn buy the RPI scoops from Roy at CA Automotive. Id also suggest replacing the filter with a panel filter if your not running an induction system

HTH :-) happy modding
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2011, 09:23 AM   #43
Skylinescott
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hi Scott my car came with the headlight washers already. The RPI scoops I brought from my mate who sold his e92 m3. However you caqn buy the RPI scoops from Roy at CA Automotive. Id also suggest replacing the filter with a panel filter if your not running an induction system

HTH :-) happy modding
Cheers west
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 06:27 AM   #44
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Kav! Welcome to the dark side Or the maybe that should be the light side lol, rather than the brown side. Salaaaaaaa

Going to get your samosa business running on here now?

Your history of cars is impressive bud I sometimes forget all the metal you've run through!