E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Headlight Question !!

10-15-2011, 03:44 AM   #1
MiKc
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BSM E92 335i

Headlight Question !!

Hey guys, so I've googled this over and over but I still dont have an answer for this question so here it is.

Why is the inner light of the inner angel (cornering light) on when the headlights are on?
Is it a coding that they did to keep it on?
A sample below

Whereas, the inner light of the outside angel turns on when my headlights are on
sample below

hopefully someone can finally answer my question
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2011, 03:50 AM   #2
AoS810
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 N51, 2011 E91 N52

not 100% sure but just takin a stab..

the first pic, person got the corner delete coded, and is just running the headlights 3 notches to the right (4 total) to get the angel eyes on only, they DID NOT shut off their DRL's in the car's settings, which is why the DRL's are still on while the angel eyes are on. i believe they also switched out the DRL bulbs to white, because the stock ones are yellowish.

in the second pic, thats the headlight switch turned all the way to the right (4th setting), and that outer bulb is the xenon? The inner light in the inner angel eye *so dam confusing lol*, is not on in this 4th setting because.. it just isn't, not sure how to say this heh.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2011, 11:26 AM   #3
TypicalCat
Major
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E90

iono... but that black pontiac over there is the BUSINESS!!!!
      10-15-2011, 03:35 PM   #4
Hdarkace
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328I

1st Pic Is the Corner delete mod. running his lights on the ( O ) setting on his light switch. It's the second setting right before the parking lamps.

2nd picture his lights are in the on position
      10-16-2011, 02:38 AM   #5
MiKc
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdarkace View Post
1st Pic Is the Corner delete mod. running his lights on the ( O ) setting on his light switch. It's the second setting right before the parking lamps.

2nd picture his lights are in the on position
hmm...
could it be that the first car is not from canada?
cause when mine's in the O setting, the inner light doesnt turn on
the only time it turns on is when I have it on auto and i turn my steering wheel
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 09:54 AM   #6
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiKc View Post
hmm...
could it be that the first car is not from canada?
cause when mine's in the O setting, the inner light doesnt turn on
the only time it turns on is when I have it on auto and i turn my steering wheel
Coupes DRL are not the inner light, they are the angel eyes.

What your seeing is the reflection on the light on the inner angel eye that made it look like the cornering light was on. The angle of the picture and time it was taken also showed that reflection. With coupes and aftermarket angel eye lights, the inside ring is much brighter than the outside.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 10:07 AM   #7
AndreyT
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan, Sport

Quote:
Hey guys, so I've googled this over and over but I still dont have an answer for this question so here it is.
You need to get your terminology straight before you try googling for anything. When you refer to the cornering light as "an inner angel" that ceases to make sense. The term "angel eyes" refers to the halo rings around the headlights, not to the headlights themselves. The cornering light is not an "an inner angel".

In both of your pictures both the inner and the outer angel eyes are on. They are always like that. Both of the pictures you posted are absolutely identical in terms of angel eye functionality.

Last edited by AndreyT; 10-16-2011 at 11:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 10:39 AM   #8
Chuck
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i E90  [7.76]
Hey! Sorry to go off topic, but that second pic reminds of one I took with my old GTP "meeting" the new 335i!
Attached Images

..JB4 G5 ISO | Helix FMIC | CP-e Chargepipe | Synapse BOV | VRSF Catless DP's | Dinan FFE | Alpina B3 TCU Flash..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 11:04 AM   #9
AndreyT
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan, Sport

Quote:
The cornering lights also turn on (both at the same time) when you put your car in reverse. Kinda makes one reconsider what we see in the first picture, doesn't it?.. (Although they only work when the headlights are on as well, if I'm not mistaken).

Last edited by AndreyT; 10-16-2011 at 11:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 03:13 PM   #10
MiKc
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
You need to get your terminology straight before you try googling for anything. When you refer to the cornering light as "an inner angel" that ceases to make sense. The term "angel eyes" refers to the halo rings around the headlights, not to the headlights themselves. The cornering light is not an "an inner angel".

In both of your pictures both the inner and the outer angel eyes are on. They are always like that. Both of the pictures you posted are absolutely identical in terms of angel eye functionality.
when i said "inner light of the inner angel (cornering light)", i was directing the cornering eye to the inner light OF the inner angel and not the angel eye itself. I had to give the 2nd description in order for people to understand hence why i had 2 statements saying inner light OF the OUTER ANGEL / INNER ANGEL.

Thanks for the explanation tho :P I guess thats photography power !!
Appreciate 0