E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Deisel Software Suite

01-02-2017, 09:13 AM   #1
EvanTheBruce
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d Stage 2+

Deisel Software Suite

I have read through the thread in the coding section for NCSExpert/ISTA for Windows 10 64 bit etc etc, but I noticed in the thread that there isn't support for our M57 DDE's. Given the lack of sticky's it's hard to navigate this forum via the search function, I'm thinking my wording is incorrect. I would really like to have the software handy now that I have the ONe-Stop OBD cable. I plan on changing my fuel filter again soon with my next oil change and would like to be able to prime the pump. Does anyone know where I can get the required software for this job or am I better off buying an aftermarket software suite?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2017, 09:18 AM   #2
Persian Whisperjet
Kind of a Big Deal
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Evan there is a lot of info under the "DFFF" thread. Most people are simply taking out the back seat and jumpering power to the lift motor, which seems to work well but you need to figure out the 9v power supply part of the equation. The last time I changed out the filter I borrowed an Autologic blue box from a tech to run the pump for 120 seconds before starting the car -- but the blue box is way out of my price range. I am doing the filter in a few weeks and will be using my spiffy new Foxwell 510 OBD coder. If you buy from ECS tuning you will pay a bit more -- $199 -- but you will get phone tech support.
Appreciate 1
      01-02-2017, 09:40 AM   #3
335dlci
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanTheBruce View Post
I have read through the thread in the coding section for NCSExpert/ISTA for Windows 10 64 bit etc etc, but I noticed in the thread that there isn't support for our M57 DDE's. Given the lack of sticky's it's hard to navigate this forum via the search function, I'm thinking my wording is incorrect. I would really like to have the software handy now that I have the ONe-Stop OBD cable. I plan on changing my fuel filter again soon with my next oil change and would like to be able to prime the pump. Does anyone know where I can get the required software for this job or am I better off buying an aftermarket software suite?
Ista is different from NCS. You can use ista for activating the fuel pump. You are right about it not supporting the m57 but this is only in NCS
Appreciate 1
      01-02-2017, 09:48 AM   #4
BB_cuda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D Msport, 2013 X5D

Quote:
Per Persian Whisperjet's suggestion, here is link to DFFF=Don't Fear Fuel Filter

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=799059
Appreciate 1
      01-02-2017, 10:02 AM   #5
EvanTheBruce
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_cuda View Post
Per Persian Whisperjet's suggestion, here is link to DFFF=Don't Fear Fuel Filter

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=799059
Thanks dude, just spent the last 15 minutes reading through the thread. Looks like it will be cheaper to buy the BT software than a DC variable power supply. I also read in there that it can be primed through EDIBAS. I'm going to download all of the software on the forums tonight and play around with it. If I determine it can't be used to prime my fuel pump I will probably go with the BT software.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2017, 10:04 AM   #6
EvanTheBruce
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dlci View Post
Ista is different from NCS. You can use ista for activating the fuel pump. You are right about it not supporting the m57 but this is only in NCS
It looks like some guys are using EDIBAS for priming the pump. I know you're a Master Tech at BMW, what do you guys use when priming the pumps?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2017, 10:39 AM   #7
Persian Whisperjet
Kind of a Big Deal
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
It looks like some guys are using EDIBAS for priming the pump. I know you're a Master Tech at BMW, what do you guys use when priming the pumps?
Mik325 has that all figured out you may want to ask him.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2017, 11:53 AM   #8
335dlci
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Test plan via ista D.screenshot windows 7
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2017, 12:06 PM   #9
Hoooper
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335D

Quote:
I believe ISTA is more or less the user friendly interface of EDIABAS so it should have all the same functionality.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2017, 09:34 PM   #10
Yozh
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Looks like it will be cheaper to buy the BT software than a DC variable power supply.
You do not need a variable power supply to hotwire the lift pump. I hook up my booster pack and activate the pump that way. I have ISTA as well, but you need a very good power supply to hook up to your car anyway. You should not run ISTA just from the car battery power alone.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 04:04 PM   #11
EvanTheBruce
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozh View Post
You do not need a variable power supply to hotwire the lift pump. I hook up my booster pack and activate the pump that way. I have ISTA as well, but you need a very good power supply to hook up to your car anyway. You should not run ISTA just from the car battery power alone.
Booster pack as in a jumper box? Isn't the circuit 9v and not 12v? That much current and voltage through the circuit would certainly burn up the pump motor eventually.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 05:21 PM   #12
ninja_zx11
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5 diesel 2009

Quote:
I think best bet is to get ISTA-D if you can install or arrange it.I know the installation is not that easy on these softwares.But if you can,then i believe that's the easiest solution.Just hookup your laptop to the car and few clicks and you will be doing priming and other stuff.Much easier than removing the seats,unplugging the pump connectors and feeding power to the pump.
But if you are mechanically and electrically inclined and don't mind,then that option of adding power to the pump is not bad either.It all depends on your level of comfort.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 09:57 PM   #13
EvanTheBruce
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_zx11 View Post
I think best bet is to get ISTA-D if you can install or arrange it.I know the installation is not that easy on these softwares.But if you can,then i believe that's the easiest solution.Just hookup your laptop to the car and few clicks and you will be doing priming and other stuff.Much easier than removing the seats,unplugging the pump connectors and feeding power to the pump.
But if you are mechanically and electrically inclined and don't mind,then that option of adding power to the pump is not bad either.It all depends on your level of comfort.
Is there a sticky for ISTA-D in the coding section? Or is that included in the software that's stickied in there for windows 10?
Appreciate 0