E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > Wrapped my car @ Rhode Wraps

04-18-2013, 06:13 AM   #45
CSM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4M, F80 M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335xi Kevo View Post
Whats the general rate there? Interested in doing frozen grey on mine.
as mentioned before, its best for you to contact doug for an exact quote. but i can advice you to request for the BMW frozen grey pallet frm BMW. Doug can try his best to find the vinyl that matches it best.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 06:19 PM   #46
SilverGSX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Garage List
I shot Doug an inquiry and never got a response *shrug*
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #47
Envuks
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 e92 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGSX
I shot Doug an inquiry and never got a response *shrug*
Really? That's surprising in a big way. I shot him a call and had a formal quote within hours.... Meeting him tomorrow, seems 100% professional. You should follow up on your inquiry with him rather than post about it online :

18" BBS RGRs, KW v1, ESS Stage 2 flash, VRSF 7" FMIC, VRSF downpipes, JG Mods m-tech front, mtec V3 AEs, BMS OCC, hardwired valentine 1, p3cars gauge, amber delete, sport seats, factory oil cooler.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #48
nosmo72
No Way
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335xi 6MT

Garage List
2008 335XI  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envuks View Post
Really? That's surprising in a big way. I shot him a call and had a formal quote within hours.... Meeting him tomorrow, seems 100% professional. You should follow up on your inquiry with him rather than post about it online :
Agreed....give him a call or shoot him another email. I too had a quote within hours after discussing what I was looking to get done.

My appointment is a week away....looking forward to it.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 11:25 PM   #49
RallyRcrr
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer35 View Post
Hey guys,

I have been looking around for someone to wrap my car, and "down_shift" recommended me to Doug. He has a full time day job, but does part-time wrapping out of his garage. Hes done a couple of cars, and side jobs like trims and roof.

Took him a week to get my car done, and i have to say he did an amazing job. He was extremely detailed and just honestly a very genuine person. His pricing is very fair, and my car came out awesome. He can do and get any color from Hexis or 3M. I had went to him with the idea of a Matte Gray Wrap, but his connections found me an actual BMW Frozen Blue Palette which matched up perfectly with the Hexis Pitch Blue Matte.

So... Here is a picture of the ALMOST final work (missing the rear bumper. BMW's fault).

RHODE WRAPS
www.rhodewraps.com
Was curious as to why people wrap the entire car. Is it just to change the color without painting it, or is it so that you can change back if you want? I'm curious because I've never heard of it before outside of wrapping a car for advertising.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 11:42 PM   #50
shamu2789
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 '07

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyRcrr
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer35 View Post
Hey guys,

I have been looking around for someone to wrap my car, and "down_shift" recommended me to Doug. He has a full time day job, but does part-time wrapping out of his garage. Hes done a couple of cars, and side jobs like trims and roof.

Took him a week to get my car done, and i have to say he did an amazing job. He was extremely detailed and just honestly a very genuine person. His pricing is very fair, and my car came out awesome. He can do and get any color from Hexis or 3M. I had went to him with the idea of a Matte Gray Wrap, but his connections found me an actual BMW Frozen Blue Palette which matched up perfectly with the Hexis Pitch Blue Matte.

So... Here is a picture of the ALMOST final work (missing the rear bumper. BMW's fault).

RHODE WRAPS
www.rhodewraps.com
Was curious as to why people wrap the entire car. Is it just to change the color without painting it, or is it so that you can change back if you want? I'm curious because I've never heard of it before outside of wrapping a car for advertising.
Yes. It's cheaper than painting and is reversible. It seems as if it is getting more popular lately. If you search for wrapped cars on the forum you will find dozens of individuals whom have done it, some professionally some did it themselves. Nice way to change the look of the car.
      04-19-2013, 02:08 AM   #51
Down_Shift
Captain
Rep
Drives: Slay

Quote:

Ahh so you're the 12 o'clock. We were trying to figure out if you were on e90.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 07:46 PM   #52
Edogg218
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

That looks awesome! I want that!
      04-20-2013, 10:16 PM   #53
Envuks
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 e92 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down_Shift
Quote:

Ahh so you're the 12 o'clock. We were trying to figure out if you were on e90.
Yes, that e92 was mine. Came our great, see you guys at the dust off tomorrow. My car will be in the banchwerks booth with the only other bmws allowed at the show

18" BBS RGRs, KW v1, ESS Stage 2 flash, VRSF 7" FMIC, VRSF downpipes, JG Mods m-tech front, mtec V3 AEs, BMS OCC, hardwired valentine 1, p3cars gauge, amber delete, sport seats, factory oil cooler.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #54
SLOWER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 M3

Garage List
That looks outstanding!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 11:35 PM   #55
Down_Shift
Captain
Rep
Drives: Slay

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2013, 09:51 PM   #56
nosmo72
No Way
Rep

Garage List
2008 335XI  [10.00]
Down Shift...thanks for posting a couple of pics of my TiAg e92.

I must say....these guys do a fantastic job! They take their time and make sure the job's done right the first time. You can really see that they take pride in their work.

If you're looking to do some wrapping but don't have the time or patience.....definitely hit up Rhode Wraps.

Here's a link to their Facebook page with a few more pics of my TiAg e92.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2414716&type=1
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #57
makisupa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 e70 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmo72 View Post
Down Shift...thanks for posting a couple of pics of my TiAg e92.

I must say....these guys do a fantastic job! They take their time and make sure the job's done right the first time. You can really see that they take pride in their work.

If you're looking to do some wrapping but don't have the time or patience.....definitely hit up Rhode Wraps.

Here's a link to their Facebook page with a few more pics of my TiAg e92.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2414716&type=1
I took a look at the photos of your car on Facebook, looks real good. I talked to down shift awhile back about the shark fin. Was curious to know if you got it wrapped or plastidipped it? Can't decide if I want to leave it silver or go black. (I also have a TiAg) If I go black with it I wanna get it to match, or REAL close to it at least. Looks good though man! Once I get my new wheels I'm def gonna hit up Doug and get my roof done!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #58
nosmo72
No Way
Rep

Garage List
2008 335XI  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by makisupa View Post
I took a look at the photos of your car on Facebook, looks real good. I talked to down shift awhile back about the shark fin. Was curious to know if you got it wrapped or plastidipped it? Can't decide if I want to leave it silver or go black. (I also have a TiAg) If I go black with it I wanna get it to match, or REAL close to it at least. Looks good though man! Once I get my new wheels I'm def gonna hit up Doug and get my roof done!!!!
Thanks! A while back when I scheduled my appointment with Doug he let me know that the shark fin doesn't hold up well when wrapped. It can be done and I've seen others wrap it on the forum but I believe they use two pieces so you end up with a seem. That would of bothered me every time I looked at it. I didn't want to plasti dip since I went with a gloss black vinyl so the matte wouldn't look good.

I had three weeks before my appointment with Doug so I ended up ordering an OEM shark fin replacement from BMW for like $50 and had my body shop paint it for me. My brother and I get a lot of work done there and they ended up not charging me for the paint so I think it was worth it to go that route.

IMO....you need to go black on the fin. Leaving it silver just looks tacky. What are you getting for wheels?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #59
makisupa
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! A while back when I scheduled my appointment with Doug he let me know that the shark fin doesn't hold up well when wrapped. It can be done and I've seen others wrap it on the forum but I believe they use two pieces so you end up with a seem. That would of bothered me every time I looked at it. I didn't want to plasti dip since I went with a gloss black vinyl so the matte wouldn't look good.

I had three weeks before my appointment with Doug so I ended up ordering an OEM shark fin replacement from BMW for like $50 and had my body shop paint it for me. My brother and I get a lot of work done there and they ended up not charging me for the paint so I think it was worth it to go that route.

IMO....you need to go black on the fin. Leaving it silver just looks tacky. What are you getting for wheels?
I was thinking about getting a new OEM shark fin and having it painted because it will drive me CRAZY if they don't match. I'm not in favor of leaving it silver for the same reason, looks like you half assed the job. The key for me is matching, and yours looks great! I've seen some plasti dip fins that look good, but I'd rather paint it. Where did you score your fin? Gonna pick up some 19" CSL reps, probably VB3s in hyper silver.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 09:05 PM   #60
nosmo72
No Way
Rep

Garage List
2008 335XI  [10.00]
Quote:
I was thinking about getting a new OEM shark fin and having it painted because it will drive me CRAZY if they don't match. I'm not in favor of leaving it silver for the same reason, looks like you half assed the job. The key for me is matching, and yours looks great! I've seen some plasti dip fins that look good, but I'd rather paint it. Where did you score your fin? Gonna pick up some 19" CSL reps, probably VB3s in hyper silver.
I painted and it matched the 3M gloss black vinyl perfectly. I got the fin directly from BMW...ordered it through their part department. Here's a link to the part number....it's $54.

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...=65&fg=30&hl=8

I like the rim choice too.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #61
335xiRacer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Looks awesome! Love the color
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #62
makisupa
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I painted and it matched the 3M gloss black vinyl perfectly. I got the fin directly from BMW...ordered it through their part department. Here's a link to the part number....it's $54.

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...=65&fg=30&hl=8

I like the rim choice too.
Thanks for the link man. I looked up the fin on Bav Auto and they have a price for $56.95, and if I'm in the portsmouth area I may pick one up there. I got nav and satellite radio so I'm not sure exactly which one I need but they are all in the same ball park price wise, so I'll just have to figure that out. Wish I had the body shop hook up like you though!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #63
nosmo72
No Way
Rep

Garage List
2008 335XI  [10.00]
Quote:
Thanks for the link man. I looked up the fin on Bav Auto and they have a price for $56.95, and if I'm in the portsmouth area I may pick one up there. I got nav and satellite radio so I'm not sure exactly which one I need but they are all in the same ball park price wise, so I'll just have to figure that out. Wish I had the body shop hook up like you though!
Looks like you got one of two choices. You can call your local BMW parts department and give them the last four numbers of your VIN. They'll tell you the part number of the one you need.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #64
makisupa
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Looks like you got one of two choices. You can call your local BMW parts department and give them the last four numbers of your VIN. They'll tell you the part number of the one you need.
figured id do that or get in touch with tisher/getbmwparts.com and order one from them. they are selling them for like $46
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #65
CSM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4M, F80 M3CS

Quote:
It doesnt matter whether you have nav and sat radio or other options, the fin is just a plastic cover for the actual module. You will see it when you get the fin off!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #66
makisupa
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer35
Quote:
It doesnt matter whether you have nav and sat radio or other options, the fin is just a plastic cover for the actual module. You will see it when you get the fin off!
I was under that impression then I checked out that link and there are 2 different part numbers for the fin. I don't understand how there could be much of a difference, it's just a cover like you said right? Maybe one number is for primed and the other number for painted? Then give them the paint code you're looking for later I'd imagine.
Appreciate 0