E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Lost DS Mode and Paddle Shift function

12-16-2019, 06:20 PM   #45
digitalashley
Registered
Rep
Drives: E82 135i, e36 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleturboVert View Post
I've got a performance steering wheel v2 I just installed. Basically the same problem. Using the hand shifter, car goes into manual mode fine, up and down but will go back into D mode by itself. When I put it back into D manually, it stays in M mode until it kicks back automatically. DS is inaccessible and paddles are unresponsive. I also get a 5087 EGS hardware inputs one touch function error. Additionally, my steering wheel does not display any RPM shift lights when the wheel is activated. It will display them when I am adjusting the shift point within the steering wheel settings, but otherwise it will not display them when it is suppposed to.
did you ever solve your issue with the DS mode?

i have the same issue i dont think its wiring as ive checked next to the shifter.
i also have the same error code 5087.

hopefully someone will see this i knw the thread is a bit old now.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2022, 05:02 AM   #46
assassinsbrotherhood
330d E90 LCI M Sport.
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2010 330d e90 LCI M Sport

Garage List
Angry No D/S or sport mode.

Hi guys looking for the answer.? So before anyone mentions the breaking wires on the shifter, I have checked all wires even removing wiring from that pinch point for extra length. EVERY WIRE was ok with no breaks or even damage. Removed shifter completely to make sure I got every wire,(even the wires behind the black plastic cover) the ones everyone has breaks in. replaced shifter, shifter bezel and still no cigar.! No sport or D/S mode engages, but in "D" mode with shifter the paddles will shift gears both ways ,but reverts back to "D" mode. No tranny work done so no mechatronic sleeve issues either. Please help. Done and checked all available trouble points, but this escapes me. Someone else out there must have had this issue too. What is the fix.?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2023, 05:32 PM   #47
Kinge335i
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: Bmw E92 335i

I have a similar issue but mine was working fine but now when its on D it doesnot responding only when i put the the gear on DS maybe something happened bcz i have changed the CAS module
Appreciate 0