E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > SOLVED: SZL Failure? Replaced DSC no communication

02-27-2022, 03:31 PM   #45
Scottycs
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i

I know it doesn't make sense, but nothing changed from the day before and connection has not been lost since it became available.

The module became available after resetting adaptations. Was previously reading 19 modules, now it reads 20 with the DSC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andystobbs View Post
Doesn't make sense at all. Messing about with adaptions on one module doesn't make another come online after persistently being absent.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2022, 06:15 AM   #46
TyroneShoelaces
Captain
Rep
Drives: E91 N54 swapped

Interesting, glad you got it solved. I still assumed I have issues with my steering and not in the dsc after the module swap but maybe Protools isn't getting the calibration as good as Ista is? I will have to go back and read and see if you had communication issues vs mine. I haven't even tried with INPA honestly, I assumed that protools was up to the task.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2023, 01:13 PM   #47
BMSman
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i

Replaced DSC no communication

I'm having exact same symptoms with a 2008 BMW 650i. This was the most relevant post I could find after a google search so hoping you won't mind me posting here.

I too am very skeptical an adaptations reset could have fixed the issue but not wishing to leave any stone unturned, which adaptations were reset... DME adaptations? I'm pretty sure the EGS and other modules also have adaptations.

I've not looked in the E-box yet. I just got the car and have been working on cosmetic issues. I did try replacing the DSC module with a used part from identical car and it changed nothing. DSC/ABS does not show up in Ista or Inpa, lots of related errors, fuses good... all the same same symptoms as OP! Gas gauge bouncing a bit too which I think the OP mentioned.
Appreciate 0