E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Moving House....How Stressful!

08-04-2010, 06:45 AM   #23
MB London
Come as you are
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 SSll

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadeSdad View Post
Wise words re interest rates Roger. If we can get the rental advertised (or near to it) then it would be 35% above the mortgage, so we would have a bit to play with. Sounds strange but I don't want to make any money from the rental (personal tax reasons etc) and don't even mind having to chip in a small amount extra on top of the rental to cover the mortgage (if it ever came down to it).

More making sure of the right tenant that is worrying. Even though the agent won't allow people to view if their annual income isn't three times the annual rent still doesn't mean that it won't get trashed. Obviously there is wear and tear and tenants rights etc.....I don't know maybe I am best shot of it and hang out for a sale
Don’t be a wimp, retain the property. Bricks and mortar will out perform any investment in the long term. If you have a good property in a good area, it will rent easily - our population is growing and quality accommodation will command a premium. One thing you MUST do is lose you emotional ties with the property and view it as a pure commercial entity - easier said than done, I know - but its how its got to be
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2010, 07:02 AM   #24
KadeSdad
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E350 CDI Sport Cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB London View Post
Don’t be a wimp, retain the property. Bricks and mortar will out perform any investment in the long term. If you have a good property in a good area, it will rent easily - our population is growing and quality accommodation will command a premium. One thing you MUST do is lose you emotional ties with the property and view it as a pure commercial entity - easier said than done, I know - but its how its got to be
Totally understand where you are coming from, and yes it would be the best thing to do for the long term. What I don't want it to become is just another pain in the arse to deal with every time problems occur (which I am sure they will). I know a management company will be looking after everything, but I don't want to have to end up managing the management company.

Like I said in an earlier post, which ever comes first i'll take, be it a sale or a tenant. For now I need to try and manage the move and enjoy the new house.

Cheers mate
Appreciate 0