E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > This Just In...very Important

03-23-2007, 10:55 AM   #1
IrvRobinson
Banned
Rep
Drives: X3

This Just In...very Important

from the Director Of European Sales..............

Team,

Yesterday, our team processed 30 Purchase Orders, out of those 30, ONLY TWO OF THEM WERE CORRECT. This causes a tremendous amount of additional work on our part and forces us to have to follow-up with you all individually to get the correct data. Please take the time to make sure your PO’s are filled out correctly! This issue is usually related to the passport information and sometimes you all are changing the delivery data on this PO, which cannot continue because our delivery slots are completely full. You cannot create an unrealistic expectation in the customers mind that the date on that paperwork that they signed is their new date….it won’t happen in this busy time now. I know we have always accommodated your customers but when we are pumping out 450 deliveries in a month, we just don’t have that flexibility any longer.

On this same issue, PO’s continue to arrive late, this too must change. We require this document to be sent to us at least 30 days prior to pick up in Munich, you all have to wrap your arms around this going forward because the registration office will NO LONGER accept late PO’s or incorrect paperwork. If your customer has an expired passport, we cannot accept the order and his or her date will have to be pushed out later until it is renewed. All of these things are mandated by Germany and they are really cracking down on us. And include all of the documents, that is the 4 pages of the PO and a copy of customers passport.

Please get us the paperwork on time going forward….it saves us from having to fight with Germany and also saves us additional steps in having to contact you. We are selling 450 units a month here with only 4 people!! Please help us manage this process more effectively.

Thanks for your continued support.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 12:04 PM   #2
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Thanks for the insight, Irv. Unfortunately, there are those that are not as thorough as they should be, which wastes time and effort. Being a salesman myself in a detail oriented industry, I am always amazed by the lack of attention payed to procedures that have been designed to make the order process a smooth one.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 07:19 PM   #3
IrvRobinson
Banned
Rep
Drives: X3

I sent an email to the ED Director last night asking if they can put this pre reservation request on BMW's internal website in the same area where the purchase orders are generated by us.It would force the CA to fill in all the blanks and make everything more legible so when it's faxed in to the ED office at least they can read them all.Can you imagine what it's like to try and read handwriting from 1500 -3000 CA's from around the country..When I worked at their office for a few days last December,the biggest problem was incorrect pre reservations for missing information or just not being able to read some of the customer information.It really slows them down from doing other more productive things.They have to track down the CA and call them and if they're off or with customers, it's extremely time consuming to have to constantly stop and continue to track that person down.Thanks for your input..
Appreciate 0