E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Wanted. Looking For Someone Who Does Custom Headlights Here In Norcal

07-02-2015, 05:42 PM   #23
888Concept
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 n54 FBO COBB'd

Isn't Umnitza located in Norcal?

Also FYI to those who dont know, opening e90 headlights is much much harder than opening e92 pre-LCI headlights. For the sake of your headlights, your money, and your valuable time, make sure the installer that you're going to is familiar and knows to open e90 headlights (permaseal sealant) without messing up your lenses and headlight housing. I've personally seen a few failures from amateur installer that just swing it. Customers ended up with a ruined pair of headlights that get crazy condensation, and modules are killed.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2015, 11:11 PM   #24
Whitedove
Rep
Drives: E36... E46...Z4............E92

888 Concept

Just send them down to Socal... Gullit is the man With Custom Headlights. Its worth it. Looked at his work personally.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 10:44 AM   #25
revelocity_paulo
Revelocity Web Director
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 ///M-Paket

Quote:
Originally Posted by 888Concept View Post
Isn't Umnitza located in Norcal?

Also FYI to those who dont know, opening e90 headlights is much much harder than opening e92 pre-LCI headlights. For the sake of your headlights, your money, and your valuable time, make sure the installer that you're going to is familiar and knows to open e90 headlights (permaseal sealant) without messing up your lenses and headlight housing. I've personally seen a few failures from amateur installer that just swing it. Customers ended up with a ruined pair of headlights that get crazy condensation, and modules are killed.

Good luck!
Yeah, Umnitza is from NorCal. That's true, the guy who worked on my E90 headlights said that E92 headlights are easier. So far, I love the outcome of my custom headlights from Umnitza. I upgraded to Orion V4, blacked out the housing then told them to paint the projector shroud with limegreen.
Attached Images

Alpine White E90 M Sport | M Performance Exhaust | ST Coilovers | CF Splitters & Lip | CF Spoiler | CF Diffuser | CF Side Mirrors | Gloss Black Vinyl Wrapped Roof | Orion V4 | Linea Corse LC818 | IG: @revelocity_paulo | Website: www.revelocityevents.com
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 01:35 PM   #26
M4 AJG
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelocity_paulo View Post
Yeah, Umnitza is from NorCal. That's true, the guy who worked on my E90 headlights said that E92 headlights are easier. So far, I love the outcome of my custom headlights from Umnitza. I upgraded to Orion V4, blacked out the housing then told them to paint the projector shroud with limegreen.
How much did they charge for the job if you do t mind me asking?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 02:16 PM   #27
revelocity_paulo
Revelocity Web Director
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynastye90 View Post
How much did they charge for the job if you do t mind me asking?
no worries, they charged me for $950. The cool thing is, since I still need to drive my car, they lend me a temporary headlight to use for the 3 days that my headlight is at their shop. Which is nice so I didn't have to leave my car there or rent a car since the E90 is my only car.

Alpine White E90 M Sport | M Performance Exhaust | ST Coilovers | CF Splitters & Lip | CF Spoiler | CF Diffuser | CF Side Mirrors | Gloss Black Vinyl Wrapped Roof | Orion V4 | Linea Corse LC818 | IG: @revelocity_paulo | Website: www.revelocityevents.com
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 02:57 PM   #28
888Concept
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 n54 FBO COBB'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedove View Post
Just send them down to Socal... Gullit is the man With Custom Headlights. Its worth it. Looked at his work personally.
Thanks Javier. your lights will be ready in a day
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2015, 04:08 PM   #29
Ofmalik
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelocity_paulo View Post
no worries, they charged me for $950. The cool thing is, since I still need to drive my car, they lend me a temporary headlight to use for the 3 days that my headlight is at their shop. Which is nice so I didn't have to leave my car there or rent a car since the E90 is my only car.
You going to be at the BMW/Euro meet this Friday? I've heard mix things about Umnitza and would like to check yours out

Last edited by Ofmalik; 07-08-2015 at 04:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2015, 11:53 AM   #30
revelocity_paulo
Revelocity Web Director
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofmalik View Post
You going to be at the BMW/Euro meet this Friday? I've heard mix things about Umnitza and would like to check yours out
Hey bro, I can't unfortunately, my car is in the shop due to a rear end accident. Next time I will be. But yes, I've heard a lot of mix reviews too regarding Umnitza, but since I had good service and product, I would lean towards the "good" side. LOL

Appreciate 0