E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Install Shop For Aftermarket HU

02-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #1
Cure12
Second Lieutenant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2011 335

Install Shop For Aftermarket HU

I purchased a Pioneer AVH-P6300BT head unit and a Pioneer AVIC-U220 for navigation. Can anyone recommend a install shop/individual/forum member that can do it without cutting any wires and also keeping my steering wheel controls. I also want to reroute my OEM headunit to the trunk. Thanks for the help.
      02-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #2
bimmerfrk
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ferrari Red F83

Oh boy.. I hope you brought your flame suit
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 10:03 AM   #3
Cure12
Second Lieutenant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfrk View Post
Oh boy.. I hope you brought your flame suit
seriously y come on to jus post something that doesn't help anyone...its my personal taste if i wanted to change my head unit...i wasnt asking for your opinion of if i should do it or not...
      02-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #4
bimmerfrk
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure12 View Post
seriously y come on to jus post something that doesn't help anyone...it’s my personal taste if I wanted to change my head unit...I wasn’t asking for your opinion of if I should do it or not...
Well it’s just that the head units in our cars do other things than play music. By removing it you are asking for a lot of problems. I’m not saying it can’t be done, but it’s not done by the majority of people that own these cars, and for a reason

I'm sure that if it could be achieved without f**ing everything up, there would be more empirical evidence of people accomplishing such tasks

It’s a German car; you can’t mod the fck out of it without consequence. So if you want to be in the shop every other day... no scratch that, hour, then go ahead and throw that pioneer in. I’m sure it would be bad ass!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #5
Cure12
Second Lieutenant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Quote:
Well it’s just that the head units in our cars do other things than play music. By removing it you are asking for a lot of problems. I’m not saying it can’t be done, but it’s not done by the majority of people that own these cars, and for a reason

I'm sure that if it could be achieved without f**ing everything up, there would be more empirical evidence of people accomplishing such tasks

It’s a German car; you can’t mod the fck out of it without consequence. So if you want to be in the shop every other day... no scratch that, hour, then go ahead and throw that pioneer in. I’m sure it would be bad ass!
I’m pretty clear on the capability of the OEM Radio...hence the reason I’m relocating it to the trunk to retain all the functions such as updating software, chimes as well other various functions...in my previous e46 i had a pioneer double din that i never had an issue with so I’m pretty i won’t be in a shop every day...with the correct harness everything is plug and play aka reversible...
      02-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #6
bimmerfrk
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Cool man good luck hope all works out. If you figure out the harnes and all can keep it somewhat stock drop me a pm ill do it aswell. But no slicing and dicing for me though. Lata man!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 02:17 PM   #7
Cure12
Second Lieutenant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Quote:
Cool man good luck hope all works out. If you figure out the harnes and all can keep it somewhat stock drop me a pm ill do it aswell. But no slicing and dicing for me though. Lata man!
thanks...no problem i will keep posted...
      02-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #8
exclusivo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: race car

its very possible, many people have done it, there are ready made harnesses for the controls. I know its possible, but I never took the time to figure it out. check the audio section.

Also, this guy from LI got his system done in SI
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=685446
      02-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #9
Cure12
Second Lieutenant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmegetatthat View Post
its very possible, many people have done it, there are ready made harnesses for the controls. I know its possible, but I never took the time to figure it out. check the audio section.

NICEEE...thanks...will pm him for more info...
      02-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #10
Nypeder
Lieutenant General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3/E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmegetatthat View Post

Yup call up james at xclusv and tell him mike with the orange e90 sent you. They were able to run a extra harness to the back of my car so that I can plug in my old head unit if I ever need to plug it in for coding. I have full steering wheel controls, didn't loose my seat belt chime and no problems with taking the head unit out
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #11
Cure12
Second Lieutenant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nypeder View Post
Yup call up james at xclusv and tell him mike with the orange e90 sent you. They were able to run a extra harness to the back of my car so that I can plug in my old head unit if I ever need to plug it in for coding. I have full steering wheel controls, didn't loose my seat belt chime and no problems with taking the head unit out
u are the man...that's exactly what i want...thanks man...side note, are u also on e46fanatics...i was also a member there when i had my e46...
      02-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #12
Nypeder
Lieutenant General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3/E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure12 View Post
u are the man...that's exactly what i want...thanks man...side note, are u also on e46fanatics...i was also a member there when i had my e46...
Yup and he's done alot of work for people on e46fanatics too
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 07:52 AM   #13
Cure12
Second Lieutenant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nypeder View Post
Yup and he's done alot of work for people on e46fanatics too
did they have to cut any wires?