E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > SOLD: E93 330i M Sport 2007 - 55K miles

04-17-2017, 10:58 AM   #1
EddyC01
Rep
Drives: Looking for an E93 335i

SOLD: E93 330i M Sport 2007 - 55K miles

Car now sold

Hi All, unfortunately I'm having to sell my E93 as we are relocating to the US in just over 6 weeks’ time. I wanted to list It up early here for thoughts and input on the ad and price so all comments welcome, and if anyone is interested even better!

Ad:

The car is a E93 330i Automatic M Sport (September 2007 build date) in Le Mans Blue with 55,000 miles on the clock. I'm selling due to me moving abroad but want to list it early so the new owner gets to enjoy her for the whole summer. I have owned the car for 2 years and it has 3 previous owners. It comes with a full BMW main dealer service history completed as per the service schedule and a new MOT with 11 months to run. Tyres are all in good condition and it had a full 4 wheel alignment last year and at least 3mm on all tyres. Paintwork is in good all round condition with the usual stone chips and minor marks with some light curbing on the front alloys. A few key jobs carried out:

- Number of injectors replaced under warranty (prior to my ownership)
- Mechatronic Sealing Sleeve and gearbox oil replaced May 2015 (@47K Miles)
- Track rod ends replaced in March 2016 (@49K Miles)

Options included:
- Full M Sport Package
- 19" Alloy Wheels
- Xenon Headlights
- M Sport Steering Wheel with Paddle Shift
- Cream Dakota Leather
- Split Extending Armrest
- Heated Electric Seats
- Adjustable seats with driver memory
- Wind Deflector
- Professional Satellite Navigation
- Bluetooth Calling & BMW Assist
- Read Parking Aid
- Cruise control
- Auto Dimming Power Folding Mirrors
- Aux-in and Glovebox Charging Point

Comes with a lot of paperwork to support all of the above and 2 original keys.

A full BMW warranty can be bought to cover this car for £498 direct from BMW if added peace of mind is required.

Inspection and questions welcome. Happy to take you for a drive, require you to be full comp insured on the car to drive it.

For Sale at £10,500

Last edited by EddyC01; 05-11-2017 at 12:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2017, 12:18 PM   #2
keynote2017
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E93 Convertible

Hi mate, really nice car and great ad. One thing i would say is it seems very over priced to me. For comparison i paid just over 10K for my 59reg 320D e93 in white with red leathers from BMW (used approved). 48k miles

I really love that colour looks amazing.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2017, 01:00 PM   #3
EddyC01
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by keynote2017 View Post
Hi mate, really nice car and great ad. One thing i would say is it seems very over priced to me. For comparison i paid just over 10K for my 59reg 320D e93 in white with red leathers from BMW (used approved). 48k miles

I really love that colour looks amazing.
Thanks Keynote - really struggling on price as there doesn't appear to be anything else similar (there was one on AT with a dealer for £14K a few weeks ago) which is one of the reasons for asking on here. Can you share spec (pm if you prefer) I know when i was looking last the M Sport and the 3ltr engine pushed things up by a couple of K so wondering if that and some of the kit might bridge the gap between your newer and slightly lower mile car?

Open to thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2017, 01:06 PM   #4
Rustymage
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i E90

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Honestly don't think you'll get that. Mines an 06 and an e90. Barely getting views at £6k. I know they are slightly different but people aren't paying for large engines right now.

Even at low mileage Joe public isn't willing to go high. You'll be selling to an enthusiast for that price i think same as me.

Sucks.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2017, 02:34 PM   #5
keynote2017
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyC01 View Post
Thanks Keynote - really struggling on price as there doesn't appear to be anything else similar (there was one on AT with a dealer for £14K a few weeks ago) which is one of the reasons for asking on here. Can you share spec (pm if you prefer) I know when i was looking last the M Sport and the 3ltr engine pushed things up by a couple of K so wondering if that and some of the kit might bridge the gap between your newer and slightly lower mile car?

Open to thoughts?
Diffrence between our cars:
White - Blue
Red Interior - Cream
320D - 330i
Manual - Auto
48k - 55k
313 alloys - MV4 Alloys
No Idrive - CCC
Both Msport

I would say put it for 10k, then see if you get any offers. I personally didnt even consider private sales because i wanted the AUC warranty otherwise iwouldve been able to give you better info on what the market is like.

GLWS.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2017, 04:09 PM   #6
Dormermike
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw f10

Can't compare a 20d oil burner with a 6 pot petrol IMO. 11k seemed ok to me. As for AUC OP's car is under 60k miles so Mondial warranty is still cheap.

GLWS!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 05:35 AM   #7
imy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M140i

I don't think the pricing is that off tbh. Quickly looking on ebay this looks to be priced within the bracket of similar available cars atm. However I have no idea how long those other cars have been listed for or how quickly they will sell.

The fact you have a timer on the need to sell may work against you so what I would do is perhaps list it slightly lower than the other examples and do not state you are moving or need to sell as this gives the buyer the advantage.

Also, as per above, you cant compare a manual 320d to this.

Its a lovely looking motor, potentially the interior is a bit marmite?

GLWS all the same

07 E90 335i: JB4, Trebila BEF, BMS DCI, VRSF DPs, Scoops, 19" CSL Reps, 5" ETS FMIC, VTT Inlets, BMS CP, HKS BOV, BMS Meth Injection - sold
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 08:20 AM   #8
EddyC01
Rep

Thanks for the comments everyone, really welcome them!

I will add the note about the warranty, believe it was around £460 for the BMW one last time I looked so will double check and amend.

RE price and my need to sell I'm listing it up good and early (I don't have my leave date confirmed but likely to be June sometime) but a fair point to will maybe omit in a "public" listing but always think people want to know why you are selling.

Glad to hear people like the colour combo, I held out a long time to find it and love it myself. It does get dirty but find "Dr Leather" keeps the seats looking great and the mats come up really well with the pressure washer and bit of carpet soap (typical that the Easter weekend wasn't warm enough to do it and them dry in anything like a reasonable time)...

What are peoples toughs on sites to sell on, for the Z4 used Piston Heads and AT with no joy and it ended up going via Gumtree, never used eBay for cars is it worth it? Will have to do some more research on that.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 07:20 AM   #9
EddyC01
Rep

Any thoughts on the best site?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2017, 11:55 AM   #10
bfleming
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Merc, VW, Porsche, Suzuki

Garage List
Autotrader & Ebay are the only 2 sites I would use - forums like this are great too, but surprisingly hard to hit the target audience of a genuine buyer.
If you do use Ebay, put it up as a Classified ad, not as an auction (less timewsters / dreamers / bid retraction).
In my experience most people won't shell out over £10k in a private sale (it's a mental thing), but there are exceptions.
Be prepared to be competitive on the price for a quick sale - use pricing from similar cars being sold privately - dealer pricing is completely irrelevant as people perceive they get a safety net with a dealer & are prepared to pay extra for it.
Talk to people about the BMW warranty when they come to look at it - it's not really a selling point as it currently doesn't have it & they're £460 worse off for wanting it.
Good luck with the sale & relocation.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 01:55 AM   #11
EddyC01
Rep

Thanks bfleming she's up on Autotrader now, left it at the original asking price as I still have plenty of time and still looks to be a good price in comparison, but will keep that in mind if I don't get any calls in the next couple of weeks.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 01:45 AM   #12
EddyC01
Rep

Hi all, well she's up on AT but only had a couple of calls over the week. Reading other post looks like the market is slow at the moment, also trimmed down the ad a bit with the whole less is more theory and knocked a couple of quid off. Thoughts welcome:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...?atmobcid=soc3
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 06:36 AM   #13
keynote2017
Private First Class
Rep

Like i said before 11k was too much, the above posters think because its a 330i its instantly worth more, sadly thats not always the case. I was in the market for an e93 for 1.7 years. The bigger engines are nice but come with the extra expenses. I dont know if you tried gum tree but i would give it a shot, its free to post and you can just copy your add from auto trader. GLWS.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 05:57 PM   #14
e92russ16
Rep
Drives: E92 325D

Hi, great car, reasonable price I'd say - a bit steep for the age but fair considering the low miles. I think you're in the right ballpark. The great thing about the 330 is that it gives the great drive & performance of a true 6cyl BMW without the hassle and worry of turbos going wrong eg the 335i and all the diesel 6s. With the diesels you get DPF issues on top with the only consolation being a relatively small MPG gain. 330 is the perfect compromise for me...

Also, I sold my Z4 on gumtree...got what I wanted for it quickly, no hassle, no problem.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 01:45 AM   #15
EddyC01
Rep

I appreciate what you are saying Keynote and it maybe does limit it's appeal to the mass market, but I have to agree with Russ that it's a great car to drive with a great engine and doesn't have the worry and potential expense of the 335 which is exactly why I bought it.

Had a few more calls since dropping it down to £10,500 so let's hope I'm on the mark now, but she certainly feels very competitively price in comparison to other motors on Autotrader. Got her up on Gumtree also, interestingly Russ that's where I sold my Z4 before moving to the 330.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 06:34 AM   #16
richk84
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: e93 330i

Great colour combo, great engine and spec. First person to turn up and give the car a blast with the roof down will love it, especially when they hear that straight six.

When I was looking I spent along time waiting for the right spec. This is the last of the proper 330i's and I'm confident someone will appreciate the car and pay what you want.

GLWS
Appreciate 0