E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Zainoing this weekend. Dawn ratio question.

11-06-2007, 03:23 PM   #1
335Newbie
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Montego Blue E92

Zainoing this weekend. Dawn ratio question.

Is there a recommended ratio of Dawn to water? I've never seen a proportion or formula suggested. I would prefer not to overkill the process, yet still be effective.

Also, it will be in the very low 50's here Saturday and I was curious if using hot or at least warm water for the washing would assist in the wax and sealant stripping process. I imagine that the curing time will be a bit longer as affected by the temperature.

I look forward to your thoughts. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2007, 04:27 PM   #2
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

I put the same amount of dawn as if it were soap I don't think there is a right amount if thats what your asking. I mean don't put the whole damn bottle or anything just enough that it bubbles. And actually if its cooler outsides it should dry faster since there is less humidity outside.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2007, 04:30 PM   #3
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep

oh and honestly If you ask me now is not the time to zaino I see that you live in NY and I know there going to start throwing a crap load of salt on the road soon. winter prep jobs should be done during the summer or late September in the east cost being that now is the session of snow/rain/windy. I mean by all means go ahead and do it you'll love the results but your not going to enjoy it often.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2007, 07:54 PM   #4
335Newbie
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Montego Blue E92

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
oh and honestly If you ask me now is not the time to zaino I see that you live in NY and I know there going to start throwing a crap load of salt on the road soon. winter prep jobs should be done during the summer or late September in the east cost being that now is the session of snow/rain/windy. I mean by all means go ahead and do it you'll love the results but your not going to enjoy it often.
Thanks ejazbmw. I do not look forward to the winter, and as such, I'm more concerned about the protection than the look. I still hope there will be a few days it looks good, especially next weekend.

My wife and I are going to take a mini trip to Geneva-on-the-lake next week-end to celebrate our 30th Anniversary. This will constitute the farthest my car has been away from home since I got it in Feb. Both my gals will be looking good.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2007, 08:10 PM   #5
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335Newbie View Post
Thanks ejazbmw. I do not look forward to the winter, and as such, I'm more concerned about the protection than the look. I still hope there will be a few days it looks good, especially next weekend.

My wife and I are going to take a mini trip to Geneva-on-the-lake next week-end to celebrate our 30th Anniversary. This will constitute the farthest my car has been away from home since I got it in Feb. Both my gals will be looking good.
oh yeah zaino is great for protection if thats what you looking for. And congrats on the 30th anniversary
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2007, 08:27 PM   #6
zzinco79
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Nice to see you Rochester!

I zainoed mine last saturday and it rained yesterday haha

2006 BSM 325i / ZPP / ZSP / Adaptive Xenon / BLK leather interior / Steptronic

Eisenmann racing / K&N Ram charger / M5 rep. wheels / D1S 6000k / Brex white ring / OEM style rear trunk spoiler / M steering / OEM strut bar / Blk line tail light

Future Mod

Hamann lip spolier / Mtech rear bumper
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2007, 11:13 AM   #7
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Read around, there are some other options for cleaning as well. But if you use the Dawn, not much more than you would use for a load of dishes in the sink. Get your (lovely) wife to help you with that, if necessary
Appreciate 0