E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Official Montreal Members Thread (#4)

01-23-2014, 08:34 PM   #2509
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
Anyone planning on checking out the Montreal Auto Show this week? I was planning on heading over during the weekday to have a look see at the M3/M4.
Quote:
Perfect. My wife is the market for an M or AMG. Me, a new track toy, so the Crevette might fit the bill. I should be fun to have a look see.

So, no other takers ... ?
I have been trying to go since Tuesday during the day, but busy like hell. I'll give it a try tomorrow around 2-4pm. That's the plan anyways, may not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
Anyone want a Jay Z ticket for Jan 24? I have one to sell.
Don't even know his songs. Katy Perry might interest me

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherinelam View Post
I went on saturday and sunday.
Very nice!
There was the M235i as well.
Disappointing M235i: 1) LSD is a dealer installed option 2) 3550 lbs around. Come on BMW you are being passed by everybody else now

Quote:
Nothing really blew me away besides the M3 and M4.
I did like the CLA AMG, however i found the inside to be dismal.
Everyone was around the corvette.

The GLA is sooooo ugly!
I have to see them in person, so far pics of M3/M4 has not moved me!

Quote:
Apex Race Parts is having another group buy for their EC-7 rims. Classy, tough as all get out, light weight and reasonably priced.
I got the email too, but not sure what next car will be
      01-26-2014, 07:47 PM   #2510
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F22 M240

I spent a few hours yesterday and today watching the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship (New for this year as an amalgamation of American Le Mans and Rolex Sports Car Series), the Rolex24, held at Daytona. This is where you essentially have 4 different classes of cars all racing at the same time making for some pretty exciting race. Good too see that GM and Ford are making a come back into the sport. That will be good all around for North America.

The Z4s (GTLM class) that were entered where awesome.

With under 10 minutes left in the 24 hour race and the yellow caution lifted, Joey Hand started to make a run for the 1st place Porsche when they got hung up a nasty traffic and pushed off the track. It was looking close there for moment. Better luck next year boys!

01-27-2014, 05:48 PM   #2511
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I spent a few hours yesterday and today watching the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship (New for this year as an amalgamation of American Le Mans and Rolex Sports Car Series), the Rolex24, held at Daytona. This is where you essentially have 4 different classes of cars all racing at the same time making for some pretty exciting race. Good too see that GM and Ford are making a come back into the sport. That will be good all around for North America.

The Z4s (GTLM class) that were entered where awesome.

With under 10 minutes left in the 24 hour race and the yellow caution lifted, Joey Hand started to make a run for the 1st place Porsche when they got hung up a nasty traffic and pushed off the track. It was looking close there for moment. Better luck next year boys!

Does this car have anything in common with Tony's car, except for the similarity in looks? Suspecting the carbon body to be on tube frame....
      01-27-2014, 05:57 PM   #2512
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
Does this car have anything in common with Tony's car, except for the similarity in looks? Suspecting the carbon body to be on tube frame....
My car is a true ///M car... the one depicted on the photos has a big ///M emblem on the side but that is just sponsorhip.

so Tony's M Coupé > those cars
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 11:23 PM   #2513
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Pretty much all CF on a tube frame using the Z4 chassis style and the E90M3 V8 engine platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
My car is a true ///M car... the one depicted on the photos has a big ///M emblem on the side but that is just sponsorhip.

so Tony's M Coupé > those cars
They are all MMMmmmmmm.
      02-03-2014, 02:32 PM   #2514
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep
Drives: fast, sometimes slow

And just when I thought I had seen everything.........

from here: http://big-limos.com/custom-limos-ga...stretch-limos/
      02-03-2014, 08:53 PM   #2515
Basir
Complete BMW newbie
Canada
Rep
Drives: %E2%80%9813 E92 M3 6MT

Well hello, hello.

Just bought my first Bimmer! 2007 E92 with sport and premium packages. Black (whats the actual colour called?) with red interior. Manual. I'm elated and making the transfer this week.

West Islander.

Question: Anyone know where I could get a soft or hard copy of the original catologue? It's a tradition of mine to have all the dealer brochures of all the cars I've owned.

Thanks guys and I'm excited to join the club!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 09:09 PM   #2516
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep
Drives: fast, sometimes slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basir View Post
Well hello, hello.

Just bought my first Bimmer! 2007 E92 with sport and premium packages. Black (whats the actual colour called?) with red interior. Manual. I'm elated and making the transfer this week.

West Islander.

Question: Anyone know where I could get a soft or hard copy of the original catologue? It's a tradition of mine to have all the dealer brochures of all the cars I've owned.

Thanks guys and I'm excited to join the club!
Hello hello! Do you have the metallic black (nightmare to wash: called Sapphire Black) or the non-metallic black (nightmare to wash: called Jet Black)? 335 or 328? Any mods planned? Should be a fun car to drive. Lots of help available here to make the most of it!
      02-03-2014, 09:54 PM   #2517
Basir
Complete BMW newbie
Canada
Rep
Drives: %E2%80%9813 E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Hello hello! Do you have the metallic black (nightmare to wash: called Sapphire Black) or the non-metallic black (nightmare to wash: called Jet Black)? 335 or 328? Any mods planned? Should be a fun car to drive. Lots of help available here to make the most of it!
Hey! I actually haven't gotten the car yet. Just put down my deposit with the owner and agreed to buy it. He has some stuff to do before I get it, likely this week or next.

If I remember correctly, its the metallic. But it had very few flakes compared to most metallics, in my opinion. And the inside is called Coral Red, I believe. In quite good condition which makes me very happy.

Mods wise, I'll need to live with the car for a while to know. But I do like built in navs, which this car has every package except that one. And the shifter is a little scuffed up which I will likely change. Other than that, I would have to see.

Its a 328i. I've never had a rear wheel car and I hope its not a nightmare in winter. I would have liked the xi, but this car had the options and colours I wanted, plus I could do without the consumption hit of the AWD.

Question about the tires though. The guy has 17" aftermarket winter rims on it. All the same size. As opposed to wider in the back as stock (which he is giving me the stock wheels as well). Is that a good idea, or is the car meant to have wider tires in the back.

I like the look of the black 17s he has and I was thinking of using them in the summer too, as long as its a fine idea to stick with the same tire front and back.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 10:31 PM   #2518
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basir View Post
Hey! I actually haven't gotten the car yet. Just put down my deposit with the owner and agreed to buy it. He has some stuff to do before I get it, likely this week or next.

If I remember correctly, its the metallic. But it had very few flakes compared to most metallics, in my opinion. And the inside is called Coral Red, I believe. In quite good condition which makes me very happy.

Mods wise, I'll need to live with the car for a while to know. But I do like built in navs, which this car has every package except that one. And the shifter is a little scuffed up which I will likely change. Other than that, I would have to see.

Its a 328i. I've never had a rear wheel car and I hope its not a nightmare in winter. I would have liked the xi, but this car had the options and colours I wanted, plus I could do without the consumption hit of the AWD.

Question about the tires though. The guy has 17" aftermarket winter rims on it. All the same size. As opposed to wider in the back as stock (which he is giving me the stock wheels as well). Is that a good idea, or is the car meant to have wider tires in the back.

I like the look of the black 17s he has and I was thinking of using them in the summer too, as long as its a fine idea to stick with the same tire front and back.

Thanks!
You'll love the car. Winter is a breeze. Traction control does all the work. The wider wheels in the rear is look thing. Comes with the 'sport' option . No functional value for the car's performance (actually it adds understeer to a car that has plenty of it to start with). I had 17's all around for the race track to make rotating tires simple and to improve the handling in the corners. I say go with what you like. You just need to stick to the rim size to tire sidewall ratio so that the speedo doesnt get impacted.

Welcome.
      02-03-2014, 10:32 PM   #2519
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Quote:
And just when I thought I had seen everything.........

from here: http://big-limos.com/custom-limos-ga...stretch-limos/
Aint she a bute
      02-04-2014, 05:19 PM   #2520
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Pretty much all CF on a tube frame using the Z4 chassis style and the E90M3 V8 engine platform.

They are all MMMmmmmmm.
Not sure about this. I don't think the engine is related to the E9X M3 street car. The race car uses a flat plane crank. Both 4.0L V8s, but the similarities end there. It is the same engine that was used on the M3 GT2 race car though.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 05:28 PM   #2521
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

The GLA is sooooo ugly!
The M3/M4 did look pretty good in person. I must have spent 2 hours around them ogling at all the details.

I finally made my pick, it's gonna be an M4 DCT in SSII. I still need to make up my mind with the interior colour (black or silverstone) and the rim colour (black or grey). I placed my order for a July European delivery. I very much look forward to it
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 08:23 PM   #2522
M3 Montreal
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 SG ,DCT & 2011 S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3
Quote:

The GLA is sooooo ugly!
The M3/M4 did look pretty good in person. I must have spent 2 hours around them ogling at all the details.

I finally made my pick, it's gonna be an M4 DCT in SSII. I still need to make up my mind with the interior colour (black or silverstone) and the rim colour (black or grey). I placed my order for a July European delivery. I very much look forward to it
Gratz!!!

Can't wait to see what you do with that thing at LCMT!

2011 B8 S4 S-Tronic , Black on magma red
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 08:36 PM   #2523
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Montreal View Post
Gratz!!!

Hey bud, it's been a while since I heard from you.

Yah, can't wait to try it out on the track. Hopefully I'll get to wring it at the Nürburgring this summer .

What about you, did you decide on the C7? The Z06 really looks awesome
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 10:01 PM   #2524
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post

Congrats on your next track whip. It is quite a potent machine. I am still on the fence, due to the sound allegedly being horrible!
      02-05-2014, 07:01 AM   #2525
M3 Montreal
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 SG ,DCT & 2011 S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3
Quote:
Gratz!!!

Hey bud, it's been a while since I heard from you.

Yah, can't wait to try it out on the track. Hopefully I'll get to wring it at the Nrburgring this summer .

What about you, did you decide on the C7? The Z06 really looks awesome
Friend of mine ordered a new C7 stingray. Looking forward to trying it.

Not switching over just yet... Still think I need the 4 seats.

2011 B8 S4 S-Tronic , Black on magma red
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 07:55 AM   #2526
catherineanh
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 435xi M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
      02-05-2014, 04:45 PM   #2527
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Friend of mine ordered a new C7 stingray. Looking forward to trying it.

Not switching over just yet... Still think I need the 4 seats.
American muscle is making a come back in a big way ...
      02-05-2014, 06:34 PM   #2528
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
American muscle is making a come back in a big way ...
About time they do, cos the europeans have had it too good for too long. Check the Porsche options cost, they are the worse. Bmw options can bring a 328 well over 65k, ridonkulous.......

I think a souped up BRZ/FRS will send everybody back to the drawing board/calculators!
      02-05-2014, 08:27 PM   #2529
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S

Ken, time for you to organize our next brunch.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 08:27 PM   #2530
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
About time they do, cos the europeans have had it too good for too long. Check the Porsche options cost, they are the worse. Bmw options can bring a 328 well over 65k, ridonkulous.......

I think a souped up BRZ/FRS will send everybody back to the drawing board/calculators!
A fully optioned out M4 comes out at over $105k
Appreciate 0