E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Take 3: Vishnu 335i coupe Tuning Update

10-03-2006, 10:56 PM   #177
PresaMat
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 67 GT500,69 Boss 429, 335i

Garage List
As shiv has said earlier he rarely tracks his cars... he is also not compete with the tune. Give it some time...
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2006, 11:00 PM   #178
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaViT
someone had asked and i wanted to ask also... what would the 0-60 and be what 1/4th mile times would it get compared to stock...
This question has been covered. Read the previous pages.
Numbers aren't out yet. Vishnu usually let their very own customers drive the car and get real life 1/4mile numbers. Tuning stage isn't even fully completed yet.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2006, 12:45 AM   #179
jusbechillin
/|/|uffin/|/|an
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Space Gray BMW 335I coupe

That would be cool if u would list a video clip of the car taking off! I just can't wait to get this done so I can smoke my co-workers IS350... lol.... we raced and the only way I can beat him is if I rev to 2k rpm before I launch.... Without rev'ing up it was a dead tie up to about 75 when we both let off....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-04-2006, 01:15 AM   #180
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
um.. what was the point of that big ass picture?

anyways, do you have 6MT?

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2006, 01:20 AM   #181
Toast
Private
Rep
Drives: X3.5m, A4 Avant

he posted video early in thread
      10-04-2006, 06:52 AM   #182
Bravo1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Accord

So when do we get to see a run on race gas?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2006, 08:50 AM   #183
PresaMat
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusbechillin
That would be cool if u would list a video clip of the car taking off! I just can't wait to get this done so I can smoke my co-workers IS350... lol.... we raced and the only way I can beat him is if I rev to 2k rpm before I launch.... Without rev'ing up it was a dead tie up to about 75 when we both let off....
If you are racing from a dead stop the IS350 has a good chance... that has to do with its gear ratio - it is setup to help sell the #s... 0-60 and 1/4 mile. You hit it from a roll and there should be no problems.

Mat
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2006, 09:11 AM   #184
sstarch1
From Russia With Boost
Rep
Drives: E92 335i - Vroom

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Or...say.."hey ill race you twoards the street that is around the corner, just keep close behind him in the turn and then take him on the inside, since he will be pushing his car too far outside im sure.

sorry about the off topic.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2006, 09:46 AM   #185
jusbechillin
/|/|uffin/|/|an
United_States
Rep

sry for the big pic.. just messin around. Ill make it smaller next time =0)~
...as far as the video, I saw the one he posted and he was doing a burnout... is that the one ur talking about? if so, I meant it would be cool to see it launch and drive away..
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2006, 08:08 PM   #186
anidjare
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Le Mans E93 M3

Read this on www.worldcarfans.com, in a review of the paris auto show:

Quote:
BMW’s 335d Coupe was also on show for the first time, and this is set to be a stonking car. The 3-litre twin turbo could redefine the diesel market all on its own. Having driven the 535d last year and hailing the car as one of the best sports saloons in the world, the mere thought of this block in the smaller, lighter and more nimble 3 Series is enough to have enthusiastic drivers drooling with anticipation.

Yes it might only have 286bhp, which isn’t anything to write home about, but then it does have a simply daft 427lb/ft of torque – way more than the M5. So the 0-62mph time of 6.2s is more or less irrelevant , in-gear this relatively sedate looking Coupe will wipe the floor with major sportscars. The only problem is the automatic box, BMW simply doesn’t have a manual that can handle the torque, that aside it’s a classic car in the making.
Got me thinking, is this the same auto as in the 335i? If so, any mods would to be better handled, or at least have a higher limit for the modding, with an auto transmission.

What do you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2006, 10:03 PM   #187
valdeztke
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 GTI

Well car hit 400 miles today....

Vishnu - How are you going to market the program? Is it going to require a predator style delivery machine to allow load up of software?

Would you be willing to make trips out to areas if a mutli-vehicle gathering at a Dynojet (or similar) can be made?

This of course is all in good time (like yesterday!)

Thank you sir for you words of wisedom, I myself am used to large liter V8's that rumble like paint shakers ... this high-rev turbo world is very different than my 06 Vette.
T: @DCAutoGeek
juan@dcautogeek.com
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 12:50 PM   #188
M3MamBo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3

335 Tuning

Shiv, I love what you are doing , but arent you worried that you're putting out too much detailed information on what your doing regarding the tuning of the 335.

I mean wont other tuning companies basically copy your route or technique? Also arent you saying too much information where dealers will know now where to look for detection?

I could understand you putting up dyno sheets of your progress but you telling everyone how you're doing it and all other details. So basically you're doing all the hard work so another company can just read this forum and copy everything you did and most likely get the same results.

Thanks dude.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 12:58 PM   #189
valdeztke
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 GTI

I think one of the most imporant products anyone can offer is customer service and proven results. I dont think anyone can find someone as good as Vishnu that will stand behind their product. I have money waiting
T: @DCAutoGeek
juan@dcautogeek.com
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 02:01 PM   #190
PresaMat
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Shiv,

Besides the exhaust what other mods would you recommend/possibly sell that would help out with the chip? IE intake etc etc. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 02:02 PM   #191
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
anidjare-- I don't see any problems with implementing the system in a car with an automatic tranny. In fact, I was this close [thumb and index finger 1/4" from each other] to purchasing a Steptronic car instead of the 6 speed just because of how well the Steptronic should work with the big torque increase. But to be sure, I'll need to get my hands on a Steptronic car and see the results firsthand. But I don't foresee any issues whatsoever.

valdeztke-- The Xede is not an ECU flash/software upgrade. It is a discrete computer that interfaces with your existing ECU (under your hood). It works with your factory computer, not instead of it. The Xede wiring harness interfaces with your factory ECU wiring harness. The whole process should be very easy and only take 10-15 min.

With regards to multi-car dyno days, we've been doing that for 10 years in the Suby and Evo world. It's nothing new as far as our company is concerned. I fully expect to add the 335i to the list of cars that we support during our out-of-state dyno days. FWIW, we usually do 7-10 dyno events per year. Each event usually take 2 days and services 15-20 cars. They are routinely held in Houston, Dallas, NJ, CO, GA and Southern California. Of course, our own tuning facility is in the SF bay area. So, yes, we do get around. And doing so is vital to R&D and the map refinement process. So it's always been a part of our business model. Always will be.

M3MamBo-- I have no problem with telling people the generalities of how we are doing things. People spent $50k on a car. I expect them to ask what we are doing to their investment. It's only fair. In this industry, most people who are secretive about things are so for all the wrong reasons.

Cheers,
shiv

Last edited by OpenFlash; 10-05-2006 at 11:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 02:16 PM   #192
sstarch1
From Russia With Boost
Rep
Drives: E92 335i - Vroom

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
So the only question remaining shiv is:

When will you make my car go "vroom"?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 03:14 PM   #193
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstarch1
So the only question remaining shiv is:

When will you make my car go "vroom"?
glad you didn't say zoom zoom
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 05:19 PM   #194
tl_boy
Major
Rep
Drives: tl

dude you better tell me when you come to Houston!

I want to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
anidjare-- I don't see any problems with implementing the system in a car with an automatic tranny. In fact, I was this close [thumb and index finger 1/4" from each other] to purchasing a Steptronic car instead of the 6 speed just because of how well the Steptronic would should with the big torque increase. But to be sure, I'll need to get my hands on a Steptronic car and see the results firsthand. But I don't foresee any issues whatsoever.

valdeztke-- The Xede is not an ECU flash/software upgrade. It is a discrete computer that interfaces with your existing ECU (under your hood). It works with your factory computer, not instead of it. The Xede wiring harness interfaces with your factory ECU wiring harness. The whole process should be very easy and only take 10-15 min.

With regards to multi-car dyno days, we've been doing that for 10 years in the Suby and Evo world. It's nothing new as far as our company is concerned. I fully expect to add the 335i to the list of cars that we support during our out-of-state dyno days. FWIW, we usually do 7-10 dyno events per year. Each event usually take 2 days and services 15-20 cars. They are routinely held in Houston, Dallas, NJ, CO, GA and Southern California. Of course, our own tuning facility is in the SF bay area. So, yes, we do get around. And doing so is vital to R&D and the map refinement process. So it's always been a part of our business model. Always will be.

M3MamBo-- I have no problem with telling people the generalities of how we are doing things. People spent $50k on a car. I expect them to ask what we are doing to their investment. It's only fair. In this industry, most people who are secretive about things are so for all the wrong reasons.

Cheers,
shiv

E90 Mods (work in progress): Euro Xenon Headlamps, 19" ASA AR-1's with Toyo T1R 235 fronts and 275 rears, Breyton style front spoiler, Breyton style rear spoiler, Huper Optik 40% Tint, TiAG with Black 'ette and Aluminum trim, Chrome grills, chrome exhaust, Hartge lowering springs, PMB Hyperwhites.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 05:22 PM   #195
jusbechillin
/|/|uffin/|/|an
United_States
Rep

shiv,
This may be a silly question for people who know what the heck they are doin but I don't... So, my question is.... If I install a BOV (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32212) will that effect your Xede programming at all? I think it sounds cool and might get it done IF I have your blessing on it.. =0)~ If you cant tell we respect your opinion.
Appreciate the advice!

ALSO, you need to add Arizona too that list of Out of state Dyno's!
OH YEAH, and I'm game for being your test dummy for the steptronic =)
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 05:25 PM   #196
335I talian Stallion NJ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4 3.0I

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
Each event usually take 2 days and services 15-20 cars. They are routinely held in Houston, Dallas, NJ, CO, GA and Southern California.
NJ can't wait Shiv!! :rocks:
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 05:49 PM   #197
PresaMat
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Yeah +1 for houston! You would have a LOT of people showing up . Do these dyno days include install? That would be great to be able to have you come out install/tune on the dyno. I think everyone interested in getting the mod would pay whatever premium you would charge for onsite install/tune.

Shiv - Out of curiousity how large will the unit be that goes into the ashtray - the reason I ask is some of us may want to put in laser jammers/other kind of mods that need to "attached/installed" directly to a plastic/whatever part. I dont know if it would be possible but maybe there could be an extra sq in or 2 of "free space" to add other things to this "James Bond" compartment?

Also I think it is very stand up that Shiv gives out the info behind his tuning. Too many companies just post a dyno result and say pay us (usually get bad products). Shiv actually tells what he is changing/how he is doing it etc. I also would MUCH rather have a tuner who is "intune" with the community vs some company that does their own thing. I can't wait for the product release/dyno days I will be first in line!!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 06:02 PM   #198
ericash
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e93 328i

Since all non-M, standard BMW's have a CDV (clutch delay valve) to, I guess, slow clutch engagement?? - does the increased HP / Torque effect or damage this in any way?
Appreciate 0