E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > intake vs. carbon filter removal+k&n filter

04-24-2010, 01:56 PM   #23
Alexander
Mad tyte EuR0 style boooi <--- Joke
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30, E85, MKVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelthepsycho View Post
And? Mine's coming in August.

I hopped over from Nissan but was reading a long time ago before I even ordered my car. Tuning's tuning. Doesn't matter what brand. Check out NICO Club and Stillen.

Isn't the Dinan just scoops and tubings feeding air back into the factory air box? Through a hole that you have to dig?

BTW. I saw your in-cabin video of the resonator and muffler delete and thoroughly enjoyed it. That's the route I would be going for too :P Except I might tell the shop to gut the secondary cats as well.
Thanks. I wasn't being e-tough, what you said just not 1st hand knowledge.

Sorry just a touchy subject with me...
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 02:13 PM   #24
AlanAZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 325i sport manual

I saw a 1 mpg increase, averaged over months, when I installed scoops (M-force design) and no other changes made, so in my mind it must make some difference. I live near Phoenix, so heat soak from any not fully enclosed air box is not going to work for me, and scoops help in the summer to protect against drawing in hot air from the radiator. I'm for them, at least in the sun belt.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 02:29 PM   #25
Alexander
Mad tyte EuR0 style boooi <--- Joke
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30, E85, MKVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanAZ View Post
I saw a 1 mpg increase, averaged over months, when I installed scoops (M-force design) and no other changes made, so in my mind it must make some difference. I live near Phoenix, so heat soak from any not fully enclosed air box is not going to work for me, and scoops help in the summer to protect against drawing in hot air from the radiator. I'm for them, at least in the sun belt.
Agreed. I don't run a CAI anymore because of heat soak. Heat soak is a problem with open CAIs. Now that being said there are members on here who have doen DIY insulations on Heat shields with noticeable gains, but in the summer its not doable. I guess maybe scoops would help prevent heat soak with a CAI.

I hacked my OEM air box. I used tubes from a toyota airbox that was sitting in my garage and made a ghetto enclosed CAI but making the tubing more direct. I removed the silencer as well as the charcoal filter at the same time. It worked surprisingly well.
Appreciate 0