E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Vishnu Very Bad Business

09-24-2007, 10:26 AM   #45
Raz335
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Convertible

It's not upto us to tell Shiv how to run his business, but I do think that when you promise a product to customers at a certain date it should be delivered as promised. I can understand that Shiv may not want to incur the overhead of hiring more people to get the product out, but as a legitimate business, you do what you have to in order to keep your customers happy. If that means taking a hit on profits, so be it. This is the way of professional business practices. Shiv's operation isn't upto that level yet, but I hope he has the drive to get it to that point.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 10:52 AM   #46
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi A4 / 91 Track Miata

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambonator View Post
Anyone care to speculate on what's causing this delay? Here's my list of possibilities:

1. Delays due to QC or production issues related to the new harness.
2. Beta tester(s) discovered some issues with V.2, and has not yet been resolved. These problems could include:
a. Issues with Check Engine Lights or Limp Modes.
b. Durability issues discovered in the N54 engine or drivetrain with advertised v.2 levels of power.
c. Installation issues.
d. Durability issues with Procede parts spec'ed out for v.2
e. Customization software bugs
f. Problems when certain parameters are set in certain ways with the customization software.
g. Fuel quality sensitivity issues
3. Licensing/legal issues with Haltech regarding V.2
4. Licensing issues with the customization software

Anyone else have any more input?

I don't have procede but I'm very interested to follow how v.2 turns out for all the users.
No..No..this is not it...I think its because someone got a hangnail...

Car is now gone .... :-(
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 10:54 AM   #47
G35revup
V3 Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space gray 335i

This is exactly why I waited till this past weekend to order V1. You are better off waiting until the product has been out a couple of months instead of stressing out over it.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 10:56 AM   #48
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz335 View Post
It's not up to us to tell Shiv how to run his business...
It's not up to the general masses to tell him how to run is his business and how he is doing, but it is his paying customer's right and their obligation to do so. If you are a customer and you're happy, pissed or indifferent about a company's product, services or any other facet of their business, you should let that business know. Some choose to use words, other their wallets......
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 10:57 AM   #49
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Sig

I guess I just feel bad for people who paid extra for the "next day" delivery. Those people should get a shipping refund or get the option to change to regular delivery.
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 11:08 AM   #50
Raz335
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Convertible

What's crazy is that V2 is available, and people can't even buy it..not without buying V1.47 first at least. Shiv said that they'll ship complete V2 packages after existing people with V1 get their upgrades. If it's taking this long to get out V2 upgrades, I can't imagine how long it will take to send it as a complete package to new customers. From a business standpoint, I think Shiv is losing a lot of sales by not offering it to existing and new customers simultaneously. $1,400 is a lot to spend..giving people time to second guess their decision by not getting the product out and billed will result in people backing out of their purchase.

In a nutshell..by not spending money, they're losing money.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 11:11 AM   #51
Mattscott
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

Nabil, no one was on socal so you had to PW here this morning, haha.

Let's see what Shiv has to see about this later.

This really escalated quickly
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 11:19 AM   #52
vq352k
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi, e92 335I (Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmramos44 View Post
Shiv clearly said if you are unhappy to cancel your CC transaction...
Take some turns.. no need for top speed!
how about ppl who bough V1.47 just because V2 was coming out??? can i get a refund for the whole kit and get all my money back? paying overnight shipping is just a joke which i did pay for both v1.xx and V2. Surely I can cancel my V2 order, but now im stuck with v1.47.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 11:26 AM   #53
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 11:34 AM   #54
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Thomas Martin writes...
Quote:
Dont know what you guys think, but when a professional company takes credit card details from hundreds of people to sell a product then just vanishes into thin air i see that as damn bad business.
Hi guys,
What a great way to start off the morning. FWIW, only 25 v2 updgrade kits where charged. Not hundreds. These were the 25 kits that made up the first shipping batch. By putting together i mean getting all the online software downloads set-up, bug tested, instructionals proofed, etc,. This forum has been a catch-22 for us, as of late. If we post, we get met with comments like "go back to making v2 harnesses". If we don't, people think we "vanished into thin air." Oh well.

Back on topic: 4 kits where shipped out on Friday. To people who we have worked closely with us on software development and have committed to installing the kit the same day it shows up that their doorstep. If I have not talked to you personally on Friday, you are not one of these four. Please don't take offense. We're just covering our bases here.

If you are one of the 21 people who have been charged for the kit and still waiting for it, they are sitting right ready to be shipped out. We just need the go-ahead from those first four customers to make sure the upgrade process went without a hitch. We shouid hear back from then today. Assuming no issues (and we don't expect any given how many in-house trials we have run), the rest can ship immediately.

If this is a problem for you, please cancel your order (send a PM to Calvin@Vishnu). Seriously, we're doing everything we can to make sure this upgrade goes smoothly for all PROcede users. Yes, the release got held by a 3-4 day manufacturing delay which, in turn, snowballed into nearly 2 weeks. It wasn't expected but we're doing what we can to roll with the punches.

Best Regards,
Shiv
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 11:44 AM   #55
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railgun View Post
Shiv,

Can you at least respond about what the real beef is here? At least say SOMETHING about the lack of communication coming out of your camp.
Sure can. As of late, we get no less than 50 PMs a day. And see 2-3 threads of the forum, like this, than need our response. And now we are trying to get v2 kits out the door in the timeframe we estimated. The day has 24hrs in it. That is the problem.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 11:45 AM   #56
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

Please update your website to be honest about v2 shipping schedules... because right now, it says "v2 upgrade kits start shipping on Sept 10th. "

At least mention that the product is currently backordered, with an estimated ship date if someone were to order v2 upgrade TODAY. I had someone local tell me "I ordered my v2 upgrade today, with next day shipping so that I can have it for the weekend"... he was pretty pissed when I broke the news to him that he was on the tail end of a GIANT waiting list.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 11:47 AM   #57
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
time for ?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 11:52 AM   #58
E90ice
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Shiv, I don't get why a couple of months ago you said you have 50 v2's ready and now you are shipping 4?

from a business owner to another....telling your customers "well, if you don't like the situation, go somewere else"...IS bad business.

This is a time when perhaps you should hire a buddy or two to help with the support? Just a thought...
      09-24-2007, 11:55 AM   #59
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90ice View Post
Shiv, I don't get why a couple of months ago you said you have 50 v2's ready and now you are shipping 4?

This is a time when perhaps you should hire a buddy or two to help with the support? Just a thought...
Please re-read my post. We charged 25 kits. Our first shipping batch will consist of 25 kits, not 50. Regardless of whether we have 100 here ready to ship, we are limiting release rate to stay on top of support issues. We've said this from day 1. That said, I don't expect v2 to require much support. If you have already installed a PROcede, the v2 update should be a snap. Still, we've been surprised in he past. And we all know how unforgiving this forum can be at times..lol.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 11:56 AM   #60
533ogetnom
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Thomas Martin writes...

Hi guys,
What a great way to start off the morning. FWIW, only 25 v2 updgrade kits where charged. Not hundreds. These were the 25 kits that made up the first shipping batch. By putting together i mean getting all the online software downloads set-up, bug tested, instructionals proofed, etc,. This forum has been a catch-22 for us, as of late. If we post, we get met with comments like "go back to making v2 harnesses". If we don't, people think we "vanished into thin air." Oh well.

Back on topic: 4 kits where shipped out on Friday. To people who we have worked closely with us on software development and have committed to installing the kit the same day it shows up that their doorstep. If I have not talked to you personally on Friday, you are not one of these four. Please don't take offense. We're just covering our bases here.

If you are one of the 21 people who have been charged for the kit and still waiting for it, they are sitting right ready to be shipped out. We just need the go-ahead from those first four customers to make sure the upgrade process went without a hitch. We shouid hear back from then today. Assuming no issues (and we don't expect any given how many in-house trials we have run), the rest can ship immediately.

If this is a problem for you, please cancel your order (send a PM to Calvin@Vishnu). Seriously, we're doing everything we can to make sure this upgrade goes smoothly for all PROcede users. Yes, the release got held by a 3-4 day manufacturing delay which, in turn, snowballed into nearly 2 weeks. It wasn't expected but we're doing what we can to roll with the punches.

Best Regards,
Shiv

you should have said this ON FRIDAY

or thursday even, or whatever day it is you came up with the idea
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 12:09 PM   #61
Noize
Under the radar
United_States
Rep
Drives: FWD in reverse

Guys, they are trying to make it work the best as possible. I really like that. These are different than the beta cars, its the finished deal, and they want to be sure it will go off without a hitch.

Please realize that it will totally be worth it when it comes.

Heck, Shiv has offered refunds, what more can you ask? I am keeping my place in line, wherever it is, because I believe the product will be worth the wait!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 12:10 PM   #62
McLarenF1
McLarenF1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railgun View Post
EXACTLY!

Look...I've said this before and I'll say it again. It's not a difficult concept, though to some around here it seems that it is.

Shiv,

Whatever surgery you had I hope it went well, but we all know that you have more than just you in the shop. It's not hard to type a few words on a thread to just have everyone on the same page. And if there's a problem with delegating, then something is broken in how you do business. If there's a problem with initiative, then something is broken. Your lack of communication is indicitave of something being broken. Please don't make excuses on why this why that. It takes NO time to do it and we as your customers expect it and you as the business owner are required to do it. It's just the way it goes, common courtesy and just plain the right thing to do.

I've spoken with some of the Evo folks and it's not like this is something new. The reputation is the same in different communities. That's a shame. Hopefully you're ego isn't as large as your communication skills are lacking. That would really be a shame and I think that if it wasn't for the product that you have, there would be a great majority of us that wouldn't invest in your business.

So, I'd encourage you to kick it up a few hundred notches in the information department. Get some intern to make a post. Take five minutes out of your day to make a post. Tell SOMEONE to make a post. It's as simple as that.
Shiv you should be proud of yourself from being back to work only week after a sex change operation..... It takes a real man to bounce back from that so quickly........or is it a real woman.......im so confused now........
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 12:11 PM   #63
MBMWTECH
BMW TECH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328I SEDAN - 2008 BMW 750

Quote:
Sure can. As of late, we get no less than 50 PMs a day. And see 2-3 threads of the forum, like this, than need our response. And now we are trying to get v2 kits out the door in the timeframe we estimated. The day has 24hrs in it. That is the problem.

Shiv

Sounds like you need more help with the minor stuff -- Im sure hiring 1 or 2 more people would alleviate much of these delays. I wish I lived on the west coast - hell I would probably work for free - just to get v2 sooner!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 12:15 PM   #64
vq352k
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi, e92 335I (Ret.)

Quote:
Thomas Martin writes...

Best Regards,
Shiv
how about ppl who order V1.47 just b/c V2 was announced? would we be able to get a full refund? plain and simple question
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 12:28 PM   #65
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vq352k View Post
how about ppl who order V1.47 just b/c V2 was announced? would we be able to get a full refund? plain and simple question
I'm utterly confused. We made it abundantly clear that those who ordered the PROcede and v2 upgrade would get the PROcede (v1.47) first and the v2 upgrade later (as per their place in the que). The idea behind this was to be fair to prior customers and to make sure new customers have their PROcede installed and running properly before adding more hardware to the system.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 12:29 PM   #66
psu139
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Shiv,
when will you be updating your website with all the firmware and maps for v2? Also have you finished the FAQ and full press release?
Appreciate 0