E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > New to iDrive/CIC

05-28-2013, 08:43 PM   #1
LoHump
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 Coupe Space Grey

New to iDrive/CIC

Hi all,

I am now an owner of a 2010 328i Coupe after my 95 325 Sedan got totaled. Boo hoo? Nope! Driving the coupe I never thought I would. Love my sexy Space Grey Metallic hot assed machine.
I have the iDrive and I was wondering if there are any upgrades that I should/can get. I was hoping I could get the software upgraded to work with my iPhone 5 properly. What about updated maps? What's the best way to handle that?

Thanks, Lorenzo
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 05:27 AM   #2
deepsrd
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i LCI

Phone compatibility is not iDrive related, it is Combox.

You can get the Maps updated.. rest depends on what options you have got in teh car, hardware wise (L7, 6NR, 6NF,, etc)

In Progress:
Surround View Retrofit 8TH
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2013, 02:09 PM   #3
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoHump View Post
Hi all,

I am now an owner of a 2010 328i Coupe after my 95 325 Sedan got totaled. Boo hoo? Nope! Driving the coupe I never thought I would. Love my sexy Space Grey Metallic hot assed machine.
I have the iDrive and I was wondering if there are any upgrades that I should/can get. I was hoping I could get the software upgraded to work with my iPhone 5 properly. What about updated maps? What's the best way to handle that?

Thanks, Lorenzo
Hi Lorenzo,

Congrats on your new vehicle! Most likely there are upgrades that you can get. Just send me an email with your vehicle's VIN, and I'll let you know what's available.

Thanks,

Kate.
info@bimmerretrofit.com
Appreciate 0