E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Where do I buy an inexpensive car cover for my indoor garage?

11-21-2012, 03:21 PM   #1
335icandy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 328dX Msport Estoril Blue

Where do I buy an inexpensive car cover for my indoor garage?

Storing my E93 335i but I'd like to buy an indoor car cover even though the car is going into my storage garage... Anyone know where to buy an inexpensive car cover locally the fits, and will protect my paint?

I have an option to buy from US and ship to my US address as well... thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #2
Chris@codemybimmer
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW F30 328i Xdrive

why not just buy a giant piece of cloth?
thats hat i did for my old cars
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #3
BMWWW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335icandy View Post
Storing my E93 335i but I'd like to buy an indoor car cover even though the car is going into my storage garage... Anyone know where to buy an inexpensive car cover locally the fits, and will protect my paint?

I have an option to buy from US and ship to my US address as well... thanks in advance!
What are you protecting the paint from?
I'm a retired detail-pro, and I hate car covers because it will rub and grind any dirt that you miss when you clean before hand. (Hopefully you're claybarring before as well).

Unless there's risk of cats/squirls/birds, I'd suggest you just clay/wax or seal before you store it, and wash it carefully via two buckets in spring.

Unless you buy a nice (Read: expensive) car cover, I'd skip this step.

When called an idiot sometimes is better to be quiet than to open mouth and remove all doubt.
Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok.
--Confucius

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWWW View Post
I'm a retired detail-pro, and I hate car covers because it will rub and grind any dirt that you miss when you clean before hand. (Hopefully you're claybarring before as well).

Unless there's risk of cats/squirls/birds, I'd suggest you just clay/wax or seal before you store it, and wash it carefully via two buckets in spring.

Agreed. Generally speaking most people do more harm then good using car covers. Unless you go the whole 9 yards, just skip the cover.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 02:03 PM   #5
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWWW View Post

I agree.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2012, 04:09 PM   #6
335icandy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 328dX Msport Estoril Blue

Oh wow, really? I just wanted to keep it dust free and so on... I guess no point really? Do the BMW OEM car covers do more damage too? I'm going to wash the car beforehand obviously, but probably not claybar until spring.... maybe throw a coat of wax on, I'm not sure yet....
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #7
BMWWW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335icandy View Post
Oh wow, really? I just wanted to keep it dust free and so on... I guess no point really? Do the BMW OEM car covers do more damage too? I'm going to wash the car beforehand obviously, but probably not claybar until spring.... maybe throw a coat of wax on, I'm not sure yet....
It isn't that they're bad, but it's because 10/10 owners will never wash that car cover--so it's perfectly fine for the first use, but becomes more problematic with each subsequent use.

You have an AW car which tends to give you more leeway in terms of how strict your detailing regiment should be if you were comparing to a black car. FWIW, on my silver cars, I wouldn't think twice about applying wax/sealant without claybarring. On the BSM beast, not a chance.

There's a rule I live by when taking care of the paint: The less you come in contact with the paint, the less work you have to do down the road.

When called an idiot sometimes is better to be quiet than to open mouth and remove all doubt.
Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok.
--Confucius

Appreciate 0