E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Who's ordered from Irv Robinson (e90post sponsor)

06-16-2008, 12:49 PM   #133
SNGLTRC
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 335i - Wife's Really

Irv Is The Man!

First post and I can't think of a better reason than to throw some props to Irv Robinson at Motor Werks. I emailed Irv for an ED deal and he called me back very quickly to work things out. The pricing was generous and fair for an E90 335. As things progressed I came to see why Irv is #1 for BMW European Deliveries. He is a straight forward, honest, and well informed. When I needed information, Irv and his staff were able to provide it with none of the BS that you get from some salespersons. He knows BMWs and the European Delivery process inside and out. For redelivery, I chose to fly to Chicago to pick up my car and drive it back to Utah. It was a real pleasure to meet Irv in person. He spent lots of time showing me around Motor Werks, refreshing my memory on features of the car, and making me feel like he really appreciated my business. While at Motor Works I also got the opportunity to meet Jim Hub, the GM. It was interesting to hear him talk about how the business model for Motor Werks is based on honesty and customer respect. Unlike some dealers, these folks not only talk the talk, they also walk the walk. If you are looking for a positive experience for your next car, give Irv Robinson a shout.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2008, 08:10 PM   #134
kombi
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i coupe

I highly recommend Irv for ED! The best BMW Client Advisor I have ever dealt with!

I highly recommend Irv to anyone interested in doing the BMW European Delivery!

I have dealt with Irv during European Delivery of my Montego Blue 2008 335i coupe. He is the nicest and most knowledgable new car sales advisor I have ever dealt with!

Not only Irv gets you the best price for your new "baby", he's also very enthusiastic and knowledgable about the european delivery. Irv and his staff of enthusiastic client advisors will guide you from A to Z with the order and delivery process.

Based on my own experiece, everything has gone smoothly and without any problems during my european delivery.

I ordered my BMW from Irv in March 2008. I picked it up in third week of May and my car is due for delivery in Barrington, IL ( I live in Chicago area) in mid July. The BMW european delivery through Irv has exceeded my expectations by 100%. You get to deal with a great gentleman, great dealer, get a great price for a brand new BMW, (save thousand dollars off the US MSRP), get to fly to Europe and drive your BMW on authobahn and all over Europe!

To sum up: Get in touch with Irv for your new BMW order! You won't be dissapointed!

Have fun in Europe with your new BMW!

Last edited by kombi; 07-07-2008 at 08:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2008, 08:03 PM   #135
tayter
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan

I ordered from Irv in early April and just got back from delivery in Munich. Irv and his staff were exceptional to work with. They were professional, knowledgeable, and very eager to ensure I understood the ED process. Pricing was great without any hassle.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2008, 07:26 AM   #136
TimLong
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335xi sedan

Concur with "Irv is the Man"!!

In short, when I order another BMW, Irv is the one I'm going to.

I forget now how I found his name. I was looking for a new 3-series in the Kentucky area and I called some of the nearby dealers. None of them impressed me much. The salesman I worked with 8 years ago for a 323i was not in the business anymore.

But from the first moment, I knew this was the guy to deal with. He and his staff are very responsive whether it was by phone or email. The price he quoted was the price I paid...nothing hidden or added on. I also wanted to do European Delivery with a Performance Center Re-delivery. He got the dates I wanted so that the whole thing worked with my schedule. I have a feeling that because Irv is one of the bigger ED/PCD salesmen, that he has some influence on getting dates (as long as it's reasonable).

My wife and I were visiting family in the Chicago area over the 4th of July and I took a side trip to see Irv and MotorWerks. He treated me very well, very much like the people in Munich and Spartanburg.

I highly recommend Irv for all of your BMW business.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2008, 10:59 AM   #137
brianhuckstep
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335 conv

My wife and I ordered a 335 conv from Irv in March, went to Germany to pick it up on June 27, tooled around Munich for 60 miles, and then dropped it off for shipping June 28. Delivery went quickly and we picked it up in Barrington last night (it is nice they're open until 9pm).

Irv and his support staff were very knowleadgable and helpful with choosing the details of our car, doing financing, and coordinating ED.

This is our car at the dropoff place in Munich.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 04:02 PM   #138
CPbmw
Registered
Rep
Drives: 325

Just wanted to give some feedback on my experience on ordering with Irv...in short, it was great.

He was very quick to get in touch with me when I expressed interest in purchasing a new BMW (not all dealers were which is strange considering you can't sell a car if you never contact the person who is interested). His price was much better than 3-4 other dealers in my local area I contacted. He and his staff were always responsive and courteous and answered all my questions without any reservation and in a straightforward manner. No BS going on here.

I ordered a car that I took delivery on at the PCD and it was everything I imagined and more and there were no problems or issues whatsoever...Irv made sure everything went as planned.

Thanks again Irv!

Chris
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2008, 08:53 AM   #139
power4things
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe

M3 in Europe

Ordered my M3 Coupe from Irv at Motorwerks. Unbeatable, most pleasant new car xact ever. I'm in Europe on business until EOY 2008, so I get to really enjoy the car ... did the entire deal remote-control in the mail with Irv, no problem.

The BMW Welt and delivery center is very impressive; BMW put a lot of bucks into the program (and I think they’re trying to get it all back at the gift shop!). I’m used to the euro/dollar disaster, but I can picture some Americans charging up a big bill and not realizing that number will be 60% higher when changed into dollars.

They have special training/demo rooms with a steering wheel, pedals and iDrive orientation, like the driver ed simulator I had in high school. They also have a very nice multimedia show with a computer screen projected onto a white table that amounts to a 3-square-foot touch-tablet surface. They display an overview of the car and the styling and product development process. Very cool.

The car is impressive, but I constantly felt a strong sensory similarity to my Mustang GT, in terms of steering, response, exhaust note, etc. Before you get disappointed, however, this is combined with a step increase in quality, quiet and “billet-cut” feel from the M3 that my dear Ford (or any $28,000 car) just will not have!

The real clincher is the DSG/Drivelogic gearbox. I had not driven one of these before, and it is phenomenal. IMO, it is no less than a re-invention of the automatic trans, and the first real breakthrough since Hydra-Matic in the 30’s. Irv should encourage any buyer who has the scratch to get this option over the straight stickshift or slushbox auto. There is no torque-converter creep at rest, it has the same right-now feel of a stick, and is very smooth, no surge on downshifts, practically reads your mind. I had heard rumors of jerky starts and rough shifts with Drivelogic. Not on my M3. It took me about 30 seconds to get used to it, and I’d never go back.

Anyway, the leather aroma knocks you over, and there’s nothing like a new car … I let you know how things go.

Thanks again, Irv, for your attention, patience and professional handling of my order. If every “car salesman” were like you, the bad jokes would disappear ...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-01-2008, 07:20 PM   #140
power4things
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe

Mosselman Tuning E9x M3

After picking up my M3 in Munich through Irv (see previous post), I had my favorite tuner, Mosselman Turbo Systems from Harskamp, Netherlands start working on the car ... it's never enough, even though the car will already pace a 747 at takeoff (don't ask how I know that; the autobahn tells no tales ...)

Mosselman Turbo systems has done work for me in the past (like my 500 hp S197 Mustang GT S/C), and they are ultra professional and competent, win lots of "best in show" at Essen and SEMA. They have a bespoke black 20" forged rim set and lowering kit for E9x/M3 cars which I have already added (see pics). Next stop, Mosselman supercharger to boost the 4 liter V8 to about 500 horse. My Mosselman Mustang GT took "best of Essen" last year (it's on YouTube), and I have offered to show my M3 at Essen this year (early December), since the car and I are in Europe until January.

Thanks Mosselman ... see you there.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2008, 11:36 AM   #141
jpbmd9
Registered
Rep

Irv's the bomb!

I had a terrific experience buying through Irv. I say buying "through" rather than "from" because he really acted as my agent and advocate throughout the process. He was responsive, attentive to detail, and made the whole process smooth and easy. And Germany is a blast! Other than gaining 5 lbs. on schnitzel and beer the whole experience was terrific! Please feel free to email if I can help in any way. John.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2008, 04:00 PM   #142
sandman22
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 X3

Customer of Irv Robinson in Florida

I purchased my BMW from Irv after visiting many local dealers here in South Florida. I wanted to do an ED and the folks here were not very knowledgable about it, were not very anxious to do it (the commission is lower), and were pretty disorganized. Not only did Irv know everything about the process and make me feel comfortable (and able to travel to Munich with complete peace of mind about everything being organized), but his price also beat everyone elses. So, for me, it was a fantastic find. I should also mention that the service and attention I received from him was first class - in fact, it was beyond first class. Irv worked my delivery and drop-off dates in Munich and my eventual pickup date at the Performance Center in South Carolina around all sorts of specific calendar obstacles I presented him with, and he did it all with a smile. Every aspect of the process was a complete pleasure - there wasn't a single glitch or error. He obviously loves what he does and is, without question, the most professional car salesman I've ever encountered. I wouldn't even consider buying from anyone else ever again. When my lease is up in three years, I'll be calling from FL to IL again to lease my next BMW from Irv.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2008, 04:52 PM   #143
ed2008
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2003 Passat W8 6sp.

Irv's the Greatest!

I first met Irv at Oktoberfest in Ft. Worth last September. Even before that he was helping me plan my first ED. He (along with Tiffany, Angela & Edy) made the entire process seamless. From answering touristy-type questions, to changing the color on my car order, he never dropped a single ball. He sent me the euro nav disk, ipod cable, locking lugnuts, and owner's manual, all before my trip in late June. He gave me Thomas Heumann's name & number with Harm's car drop-off service so I could coordinate details on that matter.

He even helped with our itinerary in sending us the the Schloss Buhler HoHe Hotel in the Black Forest region (we didn't stay there, but the drive and tour of the property on a mountaintop, was worth the trip).

Our car arrived back here in less than 5 weeks (sorry but Irv can't take credit for that), so I got a prompt call the day it came in. I was at Motor Werks of Barrington two days later to take re-delivery on my car and start my drive back to East Texas.

From top to bottom (including a great deal on the car), Irv was a joy to work with. My wife and I are already talking about doing it all again soon (2010).

You cannot go wrong in buying a car from Irv, especially if it's ED.

ED 6/30/08 2008 335i coupe, sparkling graphite, prem., sport, cold weather, sat & HD radio, nav, ipod/USB
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 08:00 PM   #144
DrASG@aol.com
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi White/Terracotta,

Found Irv via his website. He's not your typical salesperson...knows more/pushes less. It was difficult to find salesman in my area who had experience with ED and no one could come close to Irv's price.

Just returned from Munich and it was so much fun. I would highly recommend it to anyone. Irv also knows a lot about driving geography in Europe.

Have fun
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2008, 09:14 AM   #145
dick_marco
Registered
Rep

I found Irv as many of you did via the internet. When I sent out my inquiries to 3 dealerships Irv was the first to reply and it has worked out to my complete satisfaction. Irv is knowledgeable, professional, friendly, and easy to contact. When I again do an ED Irv will be the man.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2008, 03:20 PM   #146
chaz58
Captain
Rep
Drives: 328iT

Just another happy customer. Good service, good price, knowlegable, and gives direct answers to questions (none of that song and dance some CA's do). Besides, he enjoys what he does (almost as much as we love ED). It was a 400 mile drive for me to get the car in Chicago, but it was worth it! :-)
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2008, 06:10 PM   #147
divedolphin
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 550i

IRV is great!!

I did ED pick-up on a 550i in March 08. I received the car 6 weeks later in perfect condition. Irv Robinson made the purchase easy and was helpful throughout the entire process. Irv has even followed up with me several months after the sale. Most of the ChicagoBMW dealers do not know much about BMW ED or are to lazy to do it. Irv is the best and I will buy all my future cars from him.

Ralph
Prospect Heights, Illinois
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2008, 12:17 AM   #148
ncoig
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: The women crazy

Very nice and helpful guy

I spoke to Irv today about an ED order. Even though I had been speaking with a local dealership, he offered to help me out.

Zero pressure, and he even offered to share his stories and tips on ED.

He was obviously very knowledgeable about the ED process, was very professional and polite, and could speak to me on an "enthusiast level."

So, even though I hadn't bought a car from him (yet?) I have to offer my props to a very nice BMW enthusiast!

Thanks, Irv!

-N
2004 S60R AWD 6M Prem/Clim/Tour/Nav/18"/CK3000/V1 (Retired)
1999 Frontier XE-V6 4WD - F/R ARB Lockers
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2008, 08:41 AM   #149
No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C Hockenheim 6sp

Garage List
Thumbs up Irv Robinson - it doesn't get any better

A few weeks ago we returned from our ED trip for our 335i coupe. Thanks to Irv Robinson, we can honestly say this has been the best car buying experience ever! We live in Orlando Florida, and the dealerships here have such a bad reputation that I just had to do something about it. Irv (along with his friendly staff) was always responsive, either via telephone or email, always helpful with information wrt to any questions we had. For example, we changed our mind about the color combination way too late in the process, and Irv and Edy simply took care of it!

Here are some more superlatives about Irv and his team: honest, straightforward, responsive, knowledgeable, friendly, AWESOME!

There's no question about it, despite the distance between us, there is only one car, one CA and one dealership for us: a BMW from Irv Robinson of Motor Werks Barrington! Now we just have to patiently wait for the re-delivery at the PC, and we'll be set...for a while at least till the next bimmer! Irv, if you're reading, I remembered to drink a Franziskaner Weissbier (which it quickly became my favorite while in Munchen/Bavaria) in your honor for putting all this together!

Here are some pictures from our trip
HTML Code:
http://picasaweb.google.com/tandrees
Cheers, Ted

Last edited by No_curebimmer; 10-03-2008 at 09:15 AM.. Reason: Added a link with pictures from our ED trip
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 11:53 PM   #150
Sliver5
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 535i

My experience

I picked up a new 5 series in Munich in April, 2008. I know this is a 3 series forum, but I thought my experience might be helpful for those who were considering using Irv Robinson.

I found Irv on the web when my local dealer here in Florida never called me back after I test drove the car and told them I wanted to do the ED. Irv not only called me back right away, but was very helpful in the process.

I was a little dubious about using someone so far away, but Irv helps folks buy cars from all over the country from his location in Barrington, IL. Simple, fair pricing, great, fast customer service, who knew this still existed? He always returned my calls and emails and was always pleasant helpful with whatever stupid question I might have.

It was some emails, some faxes, wiring some money and that was about it. Irv made it very simple and fun. He loves BMWs and is excited about the process and adventure doing the ED...and it is a great adventure.

I would absolutely buy the car exactly the same way again. The only thing I might do different is stay overnight in Munich before picking up my car. I went right to the Welt after getting off an all night flight and was getting pretty loopy about the time I had to drive in Munich. Who wants to drive their new car loopy? I dropped off in Amsterdam through Belgium and Luxembourg.

Go with Irv, you won't regret it.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2008, 12:00 AM   #151
Sliver5
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 535i

One more thing

...my second pick up was in Greenville in SC, approximately 2 months after drop off in Amsterdam. That was a great day. They put you up in the Marriott with dinner credits and a great breakfast. They shuttle you to the Performance Center, you get driving instruction from professional drivers, and you get to tear the hell out a new BMW (not yours) around courses. They treat you very well there and it was a great way to finish the experience. I then drove it on back to FLA.

Again...no extra cost.

If you have the time, do it this way. These cars can do way more than you ever imagined, and you'll find that out on the driving course. It's helpful knowledge for everyday driving, but mostly it's a BLAST!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2008, 07:51 PM   #152
M3to335
Whats that smell?
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers, duh

The thread of ALL threads. You cant go wrong with Irv!

Im happy to announce that we've just returned from Germany after picking up our second car from Irv. My wife is the proud owner of a new 135i. Now the wait begins as we watch it travel across to the states. We had a fantastic time putting the car through its paces on windy mountain roads and even had an opportunity to drive the Nurburgring!

As mentioned a 100x before, working with Irv is one of the greatest car experiences you can have. Heck, he's so good I think we will pick up our 3rd bimmer from him once I can decide on what else to get

As far as the ED experience. I cant see ANY reason why a person would want to pass this by. I also cant see any reason why you would want to go with anyone else but Irv Robinson.

Stay tuned, we're putting together a full E.D writeup which will be posted on bimmerfest soon.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2008, 09:46 AM   #153
BMW Big Time Lover
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 650 ci

Irv is the best

Hi all....I recently had the pleasure of working with Irv after reading all the comments on the board. I called him up after my local dealership in Charlotte, NC really had little clue about the whole ED thing and were just going to offer me sticker price on the deal. I have had many bmw's and wanted to do the whole ED thing for my new 650ci.

Anyway, one call to Irv was all that it took. He is extremely knowledgable and trustworty and made me feel at ease about the whole process immediately. Within a couple days the paper work was done, an ED production date was on and my new car was born!

I decided to take my mom to Poland from Munich and put 1500 miles on the car during our wonderful trip. Thanks to Irv, there was no glitches and everything went beyond perfectly.

He even arranged my USA delivery at the Performance Center in South Carolina (near Charlotte where I live) which was another highlight of the entire experience.

Irv is the man...plain and simple. If you are contemplating going to Europe to pick up your new car I believe you will not find a more experienced and nice guy to work with. I found him easy to get ahold both on the phone and via email and he always answered my questions promptly and accurately. I can't wait to do it all again.

If I could figure out how to upload some pics I would show you guys my car and my trip, but suffice it to say...it was marvelous!
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2008, 07:34 PM   #154
Wrighton
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 335

Saw Irv at the Barrington Concours. It has been a year and a half since my European Delivery. But Irv treats me as a good friend.

Irv is in the photo on the left. The center car is a 1937 Delahaye 135M. On the right is Bobby Rahal with his 1964 Elva-Porsche Mk.7 ?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0