E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > My baby has been at the dealer for the past 3 days

01-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #1
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

My baby has been at the dealer for the past 3 days

Hi all,

I have some bad news about my 2011 335is, first I been taking her to the drive through car wash because of winter and she has been leaking at the driver side door, second I notice that some of my electronics have been (memory settings) have been reset when I re-enter the after a couple of days.

So the dealer has replaced the door seal and retested it and it is still leaking.

At the same time they checked the codes in the car and found the low battery errors showing up, so now they are replacing the battery so that should take care of that, hopefully.

This is the first I had a car at the dealer long then 3 days.

So I am guessing that the door itself is the problem for the leak, what do you think?

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #2
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farbmw View Post
Hi all,

I have some bad news about my 2011 335is, first I been taking her to the drive through car wash because of winter and she has been leaking at the driver side door, second I notice that some of my electronics have been (memory settings) have been reset when I re-enter the after a couple of days.

So the dealer has replaced the door seal and retested it and it is still leaking.

At the same time they checked the codes in the car and found the low battery errors showing up, so now they are replacing the battery so that should take care of that, hopefully.

This is the first I had a car at the dealer long then 3 days.

So I am guessing that the door itself is the problem for the leak, what do you think?
Must be your first 335.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #3
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BBS View Post
Must be your first 335.
Nope my 2nd.

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #4
Volasko
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i E90, 18 530xe G30

Garage List
My E90 had a drivers side door leak too. It would leak quite badly between the interior trim piece and the actual metal door down in the foot well near the clutch pedal. This would happen whenever It would rain and especially bad when I took it through a touchless car wash. I got it fixed under warranty at Maranello, all they did was replace the vapor barrier I believe, haven't had an issue since. Though they did my work in an afternoon and I got the car back the same day.

Last edited by Volasko; 01-18-2013 at 10:20 AM.. Reason: edited for clarity
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #5
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volasko View Post
My E90 had a drivers side door leak too. It would leak quite badly between the interior trim piece and the actual metal door down in the foot well near the clutch pedal. This would happen whenever It would rain and especially bad when I took it through a touchless car wash. I got it fixed under warranty at Maranello, all they did was replace the vapor barrier I believe, haven't had an issue since. Though they did my work in an afternoon and I got the car back the same day.
I guess Budd's has not seen or deal with this before.

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #6
StyleBimma
Driven by passion. Fueled by dreams.
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 330i + F25 X3 35i M Sport

Garage List
The battery part sounds pretty accurate. I've experienced very similar symptoms with mine last summer. However, I also had a hesitant start up on some occasions. Suspected it may have been the starter, but tried out a new battery and she's been running like new ever since.

Regarding the door leaks - I've experienced the same problem with mine after a car wash and on some occasions, after a heavy rainfall. I find on my car, it mostly leaks around the front driver-side door pillar area - where the seat adjustment controls are.

I'm going to look into getting the seal replaced soon too

Hope your car troubles get resolved and you get her back soon.
      01-18-2013, 09:02 PM   #7
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StyleBimma View Post
The battery part sounds pretty accurate. I've experienced very similar symptoms with mine last summer. However, I also had a hesitant start up on some occasions. Suspected it may have been the starter, but tried out a new battery and she's been running like new ever since.

Regarding the door leaks - I've experienced the same problem with mine after a car wash and on some occasions, after a heavy rainfall. I find on my car, it mostly leaks around the front driver-side door pillar area - where the seat adjustment controls are.

I'm going to look into getting the seal replaced soon too

Hope your car troubles get resolved and you get her back soon.
Well they still have it so I am driving a 2013 128i for a least the weekend, they already installed a new seal and it is still leaking, so I guess I will hear from them on Monday and find out where they are out.

I think the door is warped.

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 11:20 PM   #8
Havok_2011
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe

My trunk leaks as well, but its aftermarket. Perhaps your door is aftermarket!! (Shrieks in horror)

But seriously, how fun are those 1 series cars! I think they are a blast

Only downside is I can hardly fit in them, I am such a fatass
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #9
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok_2011 View Post
My trunk leaks as well, but its aftermarket. Perhaps your door is aftermarket!! (Shrieks in horror)

Yeah the 1 series are fun until you have to get out of them, I am too tall and fat for them, but if you are able to get more HP out of them, watch out!!

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 08:35 PM   #10
Zebra99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is E93

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by farbmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok_2011 View Post

Yeah the 1 series are fun until you have to get out of them, I am too tall and fat for them, but if you are able to get more HP out of them, watch out!!
Lol you guys are ridiculous ;p
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #11
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Well I got my car back Tuesday and they replaced 2 different door seals so no leaks, but now I hear a lot of wind coming from the drivers door, so I was at the dealers today to have them adjust the window. It is a lot better but I still can hear the wind in the window.

I guess I have to wait and let the seals settle.

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #12
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Lots of leaks around door/footwell relate to the damn vapour barier in the door. Double sided tape that holds it in palce dries up and separates the barrier from the metal.

Had this issue with my 540i in the rear. I ended up opening the door panel and replacing the double sided tape.

I dont understand how these machines have these stupid simple problems that other cars dont have. I though i was going to finally escape this issue and now its showing up with the 335s.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2013, 06:15 AM   #13
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
Lots of leaks around door/footwell relate to the damn vapour barier in the door. Double sided tape that holds it in palce dries up and separates the barrier from the metal.

Had this issue with my 540i in the rear. I ended up opening the door panel and replacing the double sided tape.

I dont understand how these machines have these stupid simple problems that other cars dont have. I though i was going to finally escape this issue and now its showing up with the 335s.
+1 Agreed

Appreciate 0