E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > About Miro 942 from bavarianX

11-13-2011, 10:48 PM   #1
edwarde92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' 535i

About Miro 942 from bavarianX

I have a short story that would like to share with you guys. It's about the shopping experience that recently i just had. I'm not a native speaker, English is not my first language so i wanna apologize for my bad grammar to everyone first.

I have been thinking of getting new rims for my car and i decided to go with the Miro 942

I did some small research about the Miro 942 and found some discussions that says the oem center caps won't fit the rims

but i found a retailer, bavarianX that says the one they are selling doesn't have any problem with the oem center cap. That's great!

On 10/23. I send an eamil to them to display my order. Their shop is actually not too far away from my house(40 mins) so i ask the person who is dealing with me, Lawrence if i can save some money by picking the rims up in the shop. He said ok and offer me 60$ to swap the rims for me. After all, we made an deal.

On 11/7 around 6:30 pm, i went to the shop to get my rims and let them swap the tires&TPMS for me. By the time they finished was like 7 something already. It was so dark and i feel bad to make the guy stay late so i left the shop with my car pretty soon without checking the details for the new rims...and i regret

On 11/8, i found the center cap from my rear wheels center cap are not from oem and are stickers. Why? Because they are peeling...i was shock and gave a call to Lawrence to tell him the problem. He said he will ask the guy whoever swap the tires for me and will return a call to me right away. But he never did...

On 11/9, i wrote another email to contact with Lawrence. He still didn't reply...

On 11/12, Saturday. I have been waited for 3 days already and i still haven't receive any reply. So I decided to go to the shop with my gf directly to see if we can get some luck. I found the guy who swap the tire for me and told him about the problem. He told me the rims still have the problem and he will try to contact with Miro. I told him to give me another center cap and i'll just leave...he found it and put them on for me.
Guess what? Lawrence was there but he didn't really say anything to me...

Whoever wants to get Miro 942 please be aware, make sure you double check with the seller with the center cap problem before you display the order. The older version of 942 have this problem.

Anyway, they are still good rims, here are some pics that would like to share with you guys! Enjoy!

Last edited by edwarde92; 11-13-2011 at 11:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 11:08 PM   #2
boogiee90
POGI
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 06 E90 Jet black

Garage List
2006 e90  [5.50]
Wrong section. but goodluck. i hope u get everything fix with them, because i believe you asked the right questions before buying your rims, and as a customer you are entitled to be satisfied with the product they sold you.

wheel looks good though
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 12:05 AM   #3
Wickede92
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92

+1
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 02:40 AM   #4
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Well that's news to me - when I bought my 942's from BavX I was told that the oem wheel roundels did not work with thiese wheels, and that they had ones that did fit from an asian supplier.

Bought the wheels, was told the centers were out of stock, after repeatedly emailing them about availability with no results - I bought the correct size from an eBay seller.

If the centers BavX were talking about were just stickers to put over the centers supplied by MiRo - I wouldn't have wanted them anyway

The centers I got were of the Black/Silver CF variety with chrome rings and were constructed same as oem's...
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 08:24 AM   #5
platnumdesi01
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Coupe

I just had an issue dealing with them also, I ordered Miro111's and took 3 weeks to get to me. And what frustrated me was that there was NO Communication at all! You know the shipping got messed up at least try calling me. I called and left voice mails and received zero replies. I was going to give them kudos in the vendor thread, but after waiting 3 weeks and no communication I didn't think it was right. Anyway good luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 12:02 AM   #6
edwarde92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by platnumdesi01 View Post
I just had an issue dealing with them also, I ordered Miro111's and took 3 weeks to get to me. And what frustrated me was that there was NO Communication at all! You know the shipping got messed up at least try calling me. I called and left voice mails and received zero replies. I was going to give them kudos in the vendor thread, but after waiting 3 weeks and no communication I didn't think it was right. Anyway good luck!
it's just so hard to reply from them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
Well that's news to me - when I bought my 942's from BavX I was told that the oem wheel roundels did not work with thiese wheels, and that they had ones that did fit from an asian supplier.

Bought the wheels, was told the centers were out of stock, after repeatedly emailing them about availability with no results - I bought the correct size from an eBay seller.

If the centers BavX were talking about were just stickers to put over the centers supplied by MiRo - I wouldn't have wanted them anyway

The centers I got were of the Black/Silver CF variety with chrome rings and were constructed same as oem's...
I guess i'm not the only one...
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #7
kelvinfong
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i coupe

Quote:

I have the same situation. I bought the car with the MIRO942, and the OEM caps doesnt fit on it. They are slightly big.Can anyone please tell me what is the actual size of the center caps? Are they 72.56mm? I searched on ebay and couldnt find any of it. Is there any place i can find the BMW logo caps?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 05:06 PM   #8
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinfong View Post
I have the same situation. I bought the car with the MIRO942, and the OEM caps doesnt fit on it. They are slightly big.Can anyone please tell me what is the actual size of the center caps? Are they 72.56mm? I searched on ebay and couldnt find any of it. Is there any place i can find the BMW logo caps?
What you need to get are:

Wheel Centers (68mm OD/65mm ID/Chrome Ring)

*The ID refers to the dimension of the clips on the back of the emblem

So any wheel centers you find with these dimensions are correct for the Miro 942's
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 12:51 AM   #9
kelvinfong
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i coupe

Quote:
What you need to get are:

Wheel Centers (68mm OD/65mm ID/Chrome Ring)

*The ID refers to the dimension of the clips on the back of the emblem

So any wheel centers you find with these dimensions are correct for the Miro 942's

What does OD mean? Are 68mm centers will fit for the rims?

Thankyou!
Appreciate 0