Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > MIRO WHEELS and SIMPLE GREEN!!! BEWARE!!!

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

02-05-2011, 11:06 AM   #45
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A metal box with a roundel

You guys ever think that the chips you see on your wheels might be from rocks?

I'm not saying that they are, but that's a possibility, no?

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 12:42 PM   #46
rolling18
I AM the 12th. Emom
Rep
Drives: 07 335i SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter@VMRWheels View Post
I know the subject of discussion is not VMR related so try to see this as assistance from one enthusiast (with wheel experience) to another. Did these paint flakes appear immediately after the simple green is rinsed off or did they appear slowly during the time you owned the wheels.

Peter, The flakes were starting before SG, after a few mos. they increased rather rapidly even before

Just being the devil' advocate here, chips like that can also be caused by large rocks impacting the spoke at high speed or a paint related issue... so you'd want to add those as the possibilities.

I agree, BUT those would have to be allot of rocks and how would they impact the back sides, inner, and in-between and back sides of the spokes. also the paint flecks are uniform in depth, with no abrasion to the metal and does not go past the primer layer.. in addition, I dont drive the car all that much (kept in the garage) I have 2 others that I like to drive often. (they also have aftermarket wheels, have seen SG use, still look GREAT! also waxed as well

Either way, hopefully You, Miro and **********s will come to a amicable solution soon.
Thank you, and I agree, you would think that **********s would be the ones wanting to know any of this information and asking questions
      02-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #47
DimSum
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: SLOW

I would say it's a paint issue with the miro wheels. It looks to me like poor primer job and clear coat.

From the photos it reminds me of my ACS Spoiler that I bought on ebay... The paint started to come off and the spoiler showed little dots that was down to the material.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 01:00 PM   #48
supahdave
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 AW 335i Sedan

Sorry to hear op, but all wheel manufacturers i know of, recommend not using solvents on wheels. Over the counter autozone products and other household cleaners arent safe on wheel finishes. I dont believe **********s is to be held accountable.

Once you get this resolved, i would only use car shampoo or professional products like adams, p21s, sonax, etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 01:30 PM   #49
rolling18
I AM the 12th. Emom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSum View Post
I would say it's a paint issue with the miro wheels. It looks to me like poor primer job and clear coat.
Yes i was thing that same thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by supahdave View Post
Sorry to hear op, but all wheel manufacturers i know of, recommend not using solvents on wheels. Over the counter autozone products and other household cleaners arent safe on wheel finishes.
( are you serious with this statement? Thats where by far most people buy their cleaning products. If true, wouldnt there be a $hit more loads of complaints about damage??

Once you get this resolved, i would only use car shampoo or professional products like adams, p21s, sonax, etc.
Why are the "great" products only available on the internet at high prices..
if i spent 4k on wheels, then yes id use these "superior" products
      02-06-2011, 09:31 PM   #50
maxipad96
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335 E90

Simple green jacked up my Vossen wheels on my G37. Won't even think of using it again.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 11:36 PM   #51
rolling18
I AM the 12th. Emom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxipad96 View Post
Simple green jacked up my Vossen wheels on my G37. Won't even think of using it again.
wow! sorry to hear that, I'd think those would have a better finish on them....
      02-07-2011, 06:52 PM   #52
Peter@VMRWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: P85D

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolling18 View Post
Thank you, and I agree, you would think that **********s would be the ones wanting to know any of this information and asking questions
Hope you get everything worked out. Just give a little more time for situations like this because no doubt there will be some back and forth communication between resellers and their vendor.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 07:07 PM   #53
Express
Major General
Israel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.30]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxipad96 View Post
OP may be or may not be at fault, but MB should still help him out.

im so happy i have never supported that poorly staffed company, or bought cheap miros for that matter....

my .02
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 07:53 PM   #54
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

i've had miro m6 reps on my 328 and they held up fine even when i used eagle 1 mag wheel cleaner (which i believe is a mild acid based cleaner)... this must be a bad batch of wheels, probably cause by improper prep before paint. i think this should be a warranty issue. the fact that my miro rims can hold up to acid base cleaner and this one peels when eagle 1 is used clearly shows that its a bad batch.

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 07:56 PM   #55
J BONE
The Boss
United_States
Rep
Drives: %E2%80%9816 F15 X6

Garage List
2008 E92 335xi  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by express705 View Post

im so happy i have never supported that poorly staffed company,
One would think they would step in and help
2011 E92 M3- Retired
2011 E90 335- Retired
2008 E92 335- Retired
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 08:05 PM   #56
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Needless to say I am a bit disappointed in ModBargins' response. How a customer is treated during the transaction is one thing, but it is more important how the customer is treated after the sale. Let's just say when I am considering my options I will remember this thread when it comes to make a purchase.

Last edited by cssnms; 02-07-2011 at 08:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 08:11 PM   #57
nukezero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series

you guys are buying cheap replica wheels made from china / taiwan which are not up to the standards of OEM specifications. Hence, you are paying 1/2 to 1/3 the price for it.

So there is really no surprise there. Would you buy a replica BMW 335i made from china and assume it to last and perform, fit and finish as a true BMW ?

Bottom line: you get what you pay for.
Yes it sucks for the OP. And it also sucks for **********s PR because we all know the profit margin is much higher in replicas than in real oem.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 08:13 PM   #58
clifton23
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Black Sapphire

why would you use Simple Green to clean ANY painted surface?!

if its painted and clear coated, use the same shit you use on your paint.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 08:15 PM   #59
clifton23
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Black Sapphire

why people hating on **********s? they are a business. they sale products to customers. if the customer is stupid and uses products like simple green why the hell should they have to cover it? thats just silly
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 08:54 PM   #60
supahdave
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 AW 335i Sedan

i dont think they should be one bit responsible. BMW doesnt say "not" to use simple green on the paint. Its common sense. If you did, should they be responsible? No. **********s sold you a product, you received product and used a shit cleaner on it. IMHO, they did their job.

All that aside, Im sure they will help you get things sorted with miro.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 08:57 PM   #61
chumley
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifton23 View Post
why people hating on **********s? they are a business. they sale products to customers. if the customer is stupid and uses products like simple green why the hell should they have to cover it? thats just silly
Quote:
Originally Posted by clifton23 View Post
why would you use Simple Green to clean ANY painted surface?!

if its painted and clear coated, use the same shit you use on your paint.
While not as direct or maybe mean-spirirted, I'm kinda in this guy's camp. **********'s fail is that they should be trying to act as advocate for their customer with Miro and/or putting the customer in touch with them to sort things out. However, for all we know Miro may not have any direct customer interaction and to be honest, if I were **********s I wouldn't eat a set of wheels someone ruined by spraying some sort of cleaner on them either.

Clifton is right as far as common sense. I have read hundreds of detailing examples on many forums and I don't know any pro detailer that uses simple green. Why do you guys think it's safe because it has "green" in the name? I use that crap diluted to clean my bbq grill. It takes a ton of water to fully rinse and if you get it on soft plastics it discolors them.

Ask any detailer - never use anything on your wheels that you wouldn't use on the car. Would you spray simple green on your hood, let it sit there, maybe use a brush to work it in then rinse and expect good results? Most painted wheels are painted to a standard that's likely to be way below any auto manufacturer.

**********s should give an update to show that they've at least looked into it and the OP should chalk it up to experience.

MHD flash, DCI, BMW PE, ETS FMIC, Powerflex, SWS8xi's, VMR 803's in Solar Rain, LUX V4
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 12:59 AM   #62
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by express705 View Post

im so happy i have never supported that poorly staffed company, or bought cheap miros for that matter....

my .02
I'm not sure why you have a personal vendetta against us and continue to post negative comments. For those of you who haven't dealt with us before, I do want to let you know that we are not a one man shop like most other vendors on the boards. Trust me guys, I'm all about customer service and taking care of all you e90post members. I'm sure that those of you who have dealt with myself personally can vouch for my service and after sale support!

We do actually have separate departments and have multiple sales representatives, customer service representatives, an order status team, shipping department, accounting department, a web team, etc to be able to cater to our customers needs. However, don't take my word for it. You guys can view what some others have to say about myself and the service they've experienced from **********s.com recently below:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=474771

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=485009

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=484304

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=484200

For those of you who have dealt with me are are in this thread I do want to thank you again for your continued support and of course giving me the opportunity to earn your business.

What some of you do need to understand is that when one tries to go directly to the manufacture/supplier to get a warranty claim and then later on gets denied, I really do have my hands tied. I have refrained from posting in this thread as I am in contact directly with the OP in regards to this issue and would prefer to stay away from the lime light as one might say. An update for you guys here is that I am currently in contact and communication with the OP and we are trying to get a replacement wheel(s) setup for him.
Appreciate 0