E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > parking tickets history

03-28-2016, 07:34 AM   #1
pinco000
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48

parking tickets history

Hi guys, can you advise me where can I get history of my parking tickets? Cheers
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2016, 09:16 AM   #2
Thermobaric
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E92

I doubt there's a public register. You'd probably have to phone up each county you have got one in individually.

I am curious though, why do you need to know your parking ticket history?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2016, 09:18 AM   #3
pinco000
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Im planning to apply for naturalisation and I might get refused if I had more than 2 tickets in 1 year before the date on the application
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2016, 10:15 AM   #4
Thermobaric
Captain
Rep

Oh right. Perhaps it's because I have fought all my 2 tickets, but don't you have a paper/e-mail trail of yours?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2016, 10:42 AM   #5
pinco000
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

unfortunately I dont keep any records of my pcns
I might try my luck tomorrow with dvla as there must a central register. How would home office otherwise be able to search for info on every application? Calling councils one by one? dont think so
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2016, 12:28 PM   #6
Thermobaric
Captain
Rep

I'm not sure the DVLA would know unless you waited for them to be contacted for NTO each time but worth a shot I suppose.

Yeah, I'm sure there is some central register somewhere the government can access if they check for naturalisation purposes. I'm just saying I wouldn't have thought it would be anything you could personally search but I suppose I could be wrong.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2016, 12:33 PM   #7
pinco000
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

I was thinking of a easier way all day and I think I might found a way
I paid for every ticket online except the last one I got, so all I need to do is some digging in my bank history
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2016, 08:09 AM   #8
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 GC Turbos, FBO, 335i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinco000 View Post
Im planning to apply for naturalisation and I might get refused if I had more than 2 tickets in 1 year before the date on the application
That sounds ridiculous. Why would that be the case?

My wife is Thai and will eventually apply for a UK passport as well. Luckily she doesn't drive.
GC Turbos, FBO, JB4, DCT, Port Meth injection, BMS Charge Pipe, NGK plugs. EBC brakes and pads, LED Angel lights, LED foglights, LCI rears OCC, Braided brake lines. Custom Diff Lockdown Kit, VTT inlets, TMAP, stage 2+ fuel pump
11.79@119mph (stock turbos)
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2016, 08:16 AM   #9
pinco000
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Unfortunately the law thoughens every year along with the fees which will not be refunded in a refusal scenario.
And I guess this is because more and more people are applying. The EU refundum just confirms that UK is reaching its limits
Having more than two tickets is ridiculous as it doesnt mean Im a bad person or doin it intensionally
It is just a little stupid barrier and money making tool for those who dont read properly the guide
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2016, 08:19 AM   #10
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Unfortunately the law thoughens every year along with the fees which will not be refunded in a refusal scenario.
And I guess this is because more and more people are applying. The EU refundum just confirms that UK is reaching its limits
Parking tickets is just a joke! I don't see how that can be justified.

Good luck
GC Turbos, FBO, JB4, DCT, Port Meth injection, BMS Charge Pipe, NGK plugs. EBC brakes and pads, LED Angel lights, LED foglights, LCI rears OCC, Braided brake lines. Custom Diff Lockdown Kit, VTT inlets, TMAP, stage 2+ fuel pump
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2016, 08:19 AM   #11
pinco000
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

cheers m8
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2016, 08:27 AM   #12
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep

Hey I see you are in London as well. Be careful. I once got a ticket when I lived in Clapham. I parked in a BB zone (Brixton Business?) one night in a heavy storm instead of a BR zone (Brixton Residential). Was very easy to mix the R for a B in that weather at night.
Anyway I got charged £250 as they took my car to the compound when I was trying to borrow money from my parents to pay the £110 fine or whatever it was when the car was clamped.

Months later I get a notification in the post that I've been fined for parking on a road nearby. Luckily I knew I'd never even driven on that road. Never mind parked on it.

I requested the picture. They sent it to me and it showed my car parked next to a post box. Of course no post box was on that road so I caught those lying scum bags trying to con me. It was the original place I'd been caught at.

When I saw traffic wardens and told them I had never even parked on that road, they all laughed in my face. "Sure you haven't mate. Good luck on that line."

I had to take a day off work to go and sort it out. I'll bet the council use this scam all the time. Please warn as many people as you can.
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2016, 08:35 AM   #13
Thermobaric
Captain
Rep

Pepipoo is what you need in that kind of situation. They utterly destroy council's attempts of illegal ticketing.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2016, 08:45 AM   #14
pinco000
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSAWS
Hey I see you are in London as well. Be careful. I once got a ticket when I lived in Clapham. I parked in a BB zone (Brixton Business?) one night in a heavy storm instead of a BR zone (Brixton Residential). Was very easy to mix the R for a B in that weather at night.
Anyway I got charged £250 as they took my car to the compound when I was trying to borrow money from my parents to pay the £110 fine or whatever it was when the car was clamped.

Months later I get a notification in the post that I've been fined for parking on a road nearby. Luckily I knew I'd never even driven on that road. Never mind parked on it.

I requested the picture. They sent it to me and it showed my car parked next to a post box. Of course no post box was on that road so I caught those lying scum bags trying to con me. It was the original place I'd been caught at.

When I saw traffic wardens and told them I had never even parked on that road, they all laughed in my face. "Sure you haven't mate. Good luck on that line."

I had to take a day off work to go and sort it out. I'll bet the council use this scam all the time. Please warn as many people as you can.
now that would really piss me off! I would have contacted my lawyer and take them to court and as a bonus forward the case to bbc watchdog!!
Providing false evidence and then laugh when confronted? Who they think they are?!
Having this discussion, I know from a friend of mine how rude those traffic wardens are!!! And I have my own experience too..
Im happy that they didnt rip you off m8 & thanks for the advice
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2016, 09:04 AM   #15
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
now that would really piss me off! I would have contacted my lawyer and take them to court and as a bonus forward the case to bbc watchdog!!
Providing false evidence and then laugh when confronted? Who they think they are?!
Having this discussion, I know from a friend of mine how rude those traffic wardens are!!! And I have my own experience too..
Im happy that they didnt rip you off m8 & thanks for the advice
When I paid the £250 at the compound I acted like it meant nothing to me. To not give them the satisfaction.
In reality it was a massive blow for a graduate who'd just moved to London and paid out for a new place to rent. Absolute A holes. This was in 2006.

They literally towed my car after I'd contacted them on the phone and asked how to pay to release my car. Saw the car was clamped after going to check on it at about 11pm. They said they wanted something like £125. I called my parents to see if they could help. Walked back to the car and it was gone. Now they wanted something like £250. They must have gone straight to my car to stop me getting it released. Plus the inconvenience of then having to go to the compound in Camberwell.
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2016, 09:08 AM   #16
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep

You guys should all watch this:

More disgraceful behavior by councils

11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2016, 03:16 PM   #17
jammy78
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSAWS View Post
You guys should all watch this:

More disgraceful behavior by councils

What is more disgraceful is the police officers lack of knowledge! The female officer was talking rubbish!

You do not have to give your name even if it's a "stop & search" being carried out. The only time by law you have to give your details is if stopped whilst driving a vehicle!

Knowledge is power!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2016, 05:14 PM   #18
225_AB
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
Make sure that you are only counting council issued tickets since those issued by parking private companies are civil matters that will have no central record and whilst I'm no lawyer they shouldn't affect a claim for naturalisation.
Appreciate 1
      04-01-2016, 07:06 PM   #19
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_ab View Post
Make sure that you are only counting council issued tickets since those issued by parking private companies are civil matters that will have no central record and whilst I'm no lawyer they shouldn't affect a claim for naturalisation.
Good point. Easy to forget A holes like 'something' eye (and the rest) are pulling that BS now as well.
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2016, 11:40 AM   #20
RENT-A-GOAT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320D Xdrive Msport+

Garage List
Parking tickets are a joke in this country since the councils started to issue them, when the police did them there was a bit of fairness now you have the council guys targeting roads hiding out of sight and then moving in bang on when there watch says the time to attach sometimes even a pre written ticket. I have had many the pleasure of returning to my car as ones been writing one and getting in and driving off as it wasn't on the screen (issued) one of them had the cheek after I had driven off to run down the road when I had got stuck in traffic taping my window wanting me to open it so he could hand it to me even stood in front when it was clear for me to go! Remember it has to either affixed on the drivers side of the screen or handed to you if you accept any other time even written it is not valid.
      04-02-2016, 12:22 PM   #21
Thermobaric
Captain
Rep

Yeah. I was a victim of a hide in the bushes traffic warden. Utter twat. Didn't pay it as I successfully appealed.

And then there's this piece of utter filth. Video has been pulled so you can't quite see what a sad little man he is but still.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews...POOl&ocid=iehp
Appreciate 0