E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > buying bmw online...getting company to ship it to me

06-25-2009, 03:34 PM   #1
wohast
Rep
Drives: Jeep Wrangler X

buying bmw online...getting company to ship it to me

buying a car online that i found on craigslist...

seller seems legit, talked on phone many times etc...originally planned on flying up there and driving it back and he was fine with that. at the last second i decided to just have it shipped instead. price is right, not an insane deal that screams scam.

got a bunch of quotes from different companies...anyone recommend any in particular?

anyone familiar with buying a car like this?

when should i send money to seller etc...

he first said for me to send him cashiers check, and he would send title. then could have car picked up whenever.

i don't wanna do it this way...is this how everyone usually does it? what way do you recommend instead.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2009, 04:37 PM   #2
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

What are you buying?

You should get a ppi done. Ask someone around here (who lives in that area) if they can arrange to look at it and take it in for a ppi. I would never buy a car without one, even if it has a factory warranty still left.

Arrange to do the transaction thru an escrow company or a bank rep. Will cost a few bucks but is worth it, imho.

Lots of transport companies around. That's the least of it, imho.
Appreciate 0