E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > New codes!!! F*** Me.... More problems

03-18-2013, 05:09 AM   #1
Shadow007
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i coupe monaco blue

Exclamation New codes!!! F*** Me.... More problems

What's going on everybody?
Well here is a quick run down of what happened and why I'm tripping balls right now . This past weekend, I was leaving from a small car meet and the traditional way that mostly everyone leaves is by doing a small burnout, to display their car's power or lack off, as they exit. Normally, I just cruise through and give people a head nod and go on about my way, but that night I was like eff it... I've put a few things on the ride and I haven't really pushed the car, being in Germany, and having this extended winter, so I was pretty much following the crowd. So as I started to burnout from the exit area, my wheels started spinning and at the same time my boost gauge (JB4 boost hack) maxed out on the oil pressure gauge and when I finally caught traction the car just started pulsating. The service engine light popped up, as I came up to the traffic light, and it seemed as if the car wanted to cut off. Imeditaely, I started panicking and sh****** bricks because this was the first time the car actually had any problems and I was also thinking of how much I would have to pay incase something did mess up . So as I was driving, I could hear the exhaust making a weird sound and hear the bov release pressure as I barely pressed on the gas. Freaking out the whole way back to my gf's house, all of a sudden, the service light turned off and the car went back to normal . So I recently turned off the auto clear function, from the JB4, to check the codes and this is what I have :

2C7F Lambda probe behind catalytic converter 2, trimm control
2C6A No Description Found
2C6C Lambda probe behind catalytic converter 2, system check
29F4 Catalytic converter conversion

I know about the two codes for the downpipes, but the other two I couldn't find anything about. Is this something to worry about or can I go on about my way and turn the auto clear function back on?

E85 Z4M
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 06:17 AM   #2
pits200
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i X-Drive Black Sapphire

Misfire. Next time that happens turn the car off and back on to have it reset quicker. No big deal, it usually happens at higher gears and higher rpms even though yours only gits one of those.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 07:44 AM   #3
Shadow007
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i coupe monaco blue

Oh ok, cool... I swear I was about to pass out while driving. Well that's a lesson learned, don't go chasing waterfalls...listen to the rivers and the lakes like I use too.

E85 Z4M
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 07:50 AM   #4
pits200
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow007 View Post
Oh ok, cool... I swear I was about to pass out while driving. Well that's a lesson learned, don't go chasing waterfalls...listen to the rivers and the lakes like I use too.
Ha, no biggie it shouldn't be misfiring all the time at higher rpms. Check your plugs and go from there. These engines are finicky but shouldn't be that misfire prone just from a low speed burnout.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 09:31 AM   #5
AltecBX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi Sedan; BMW M3 ZCP

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335Xi  [0.00]
Misfire. Replace your plugs and also make sure the O2 sensors were put tight as well when the dp's were installed.
Don't enable autoclear until you fixed all problems.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #6
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
When/If you replace spark plugs, use a screw driver to tighten up any clamps while your there for the intake air within easy reach. May save you a boost leak code in the future. Boost leak same type of thing happens with 30ff code and reduced power.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #7
BillionPa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

if the boost gauge maxed out and you could hear the BOV opening, then the wastegates were stuck closed for some reason (in theory)

all those codes look O2 related, nothing specific to either boost or misfire
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 07:01 PM   #8
pits200
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillionPa View Post
if the boost gauge maxed out and you could hear the BOV opening, then the wastegates were stuck closed for some reason (in theory)

all those codes look O2 related, nothing specific to either boost or misfire
I'm pretty sure those codes are always there if you have catless dps. I know I have some of the same ones but can't remember the specific cat codes. Most misfire codes clear themselves out after a few miles with canclear.
Appreciate 0