E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Tints Finally Done on the E92...

08-09-2011, 07:58 AM   #45
Blackout335i
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 335i Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
I just posted this on another thread but since this is my original thread on my new car, I'm gonna repost it here. Hope it's OK!......

Had tint on my 330ci but not on my 335.

Took my car to my dealer today to get my tint done, they are covering the cost as part of my deal.
Until today, I never knew there's a law in Ontario preventing you to tint your windshield at all !!!
I still believe I had 35% all around on my 330ci !

As I talked to 335isGuy and saw pictures of his beautiful AW 335is and also saw a 20% tint on a white car at my dealership today realized that the deeply dark 20% looks gorgeous on a white car but on a black car the 35% looks nicer as it doesn't make it look like a batmobil IMHO!

We did both my car which is less than a month old and my girlfriend's 328 which is about 2 months old both at 35%.

When we went back to pick up the cars I noticed the windshields are noticeably lighter and when asked they said it is illegal in Ontario to tint the windshield at all !!! Is that right?
Does anybody else here in Ontario leave their windshield stock or just go the "illegal" way!

I love tints when it's all around !!!
What gives?

Well not to mention there we found quite a few scratches on my girlfriend's 328 at the time of the pick up !!!!! BMW agreed to polish and buff them out for her.

There's one stone chip look alike on my hood too whch was new and they said they'll fix it !!! I always do a quick walk around before getting in my car so I'm always aware of the current state of the exterior of my cars!!

What do they do to the cars when they do the tint??? I don't think it is a taxing procedure on the paint by any means!!!

And another thing that I find out is my dealership's carwash is not touchless !!!! Really??? I'll never let then wash our cars after service again!!! Hate it how these car washes mess up your paint gradually!
Not only is it completely illegal to tint your front windshield, but i believe the rules state that you are not suppose to tint your driver and passenger windows either..the cops in Ontario ignore the driver. passenger rule for the most part..but amazed you got away with tinting your windshield before...

Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 09:08 AM   #46
4doorgsr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

^^ I am planning on tining my windshield in the near future, i will let you know how it goes.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 10:05 AM   #47
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com

Wow..tinting the front windshield must be dangerous at night on a pitch black country road.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 12:33 PM   #48
Havok_2011
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESI4life10 View Post
Wow..tinting the front windshield must be dangerous at night on a pitch black country road.
Yeah I would not suggest it, my friend had it done recently to his car. He thinks it looks cool, I think its just an accident waiting to happen. (knock on wood).
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 12:36 PM   #49
Bajan Loch
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 A22 N52N

^ +1

Plus I don't think most reputable shops would even do it.
Appreciate 0