E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Fan, heated seats & heated rear screen stopped working

01-05-2014, 06:26 AM   #1
G20MDC
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 330D M-Sport

Fan, heated seats & heated rear screen stopped working

Looking for where to start looking, I have a E90 (08) 330d in which the fan, heated seats and heated rear screen stopped working this morning, I've checked the fuses and all seems ok, any suggestions where I should check next??
      01-05-2014, 08:27 AM   #2
greatbm
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G15 840i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by G20MDC View Post
Looking for where to start looking, I have a E90 (08) 330d in which the fan, heated seats and heated rear screen stopped working this morning, I've checked the fuses and all seems ok, any suggestions where I should check next??
Check on condition of battery, designed to shed load till battery picks up charge, try a recharge. It could also be the intelligent battery system faulty if your car has it fitted, to check have a look at battery negative connection if fitted it won't be just a straight forward battery connection.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2014, 12:05 PM   #3
crypticc
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 DCT + Comp

Another guide is does your car radio last used channel rest from dab to FM. Mine did Before I reconditioned the battery even though seats and screen etc were all fine. I'm now second winter after that with same 7 year old battery nearly which is unbelievable for low mileage car.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2014, 10:04 AM   #4
katie.g
woman with spanners
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e91

hi

i've had a silmilar problem, do you have any error codes showing when to do a vehicle check on the bc ?

i fixed mine with a battery reset, ie undo the negative terminal for 20 mins or so and then re-connect, all i then had to do was reset the time and date, the radio / bluetooth etc all kept the stored info

i understand its the intelligent battery sensor getting confused

good luck with it

regards kathy
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2014, 02:55 PM   #5
G20MDC
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 330D M-Sport

Thanks for the suggestions, think it might well have the battery needing a proper charge as its just a 1.5 mile trip to work in the morning, I should really walk but at 5.30am the enthusiasm is not there in the winter months.
      01-08-2014, 02:27 AM   #6
katie.g
woman with spanners
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e91

haha

1.5 miles shame on you

start running !!!

best wishes - katie

ps. if you do buy a new battery, make sure it is exactly the same spec as the original or your car may need re-coding if you change amp/hrs or lead acid for agm battery etc
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 07:10 AM   #7
greatbm
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G15 840i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie.g View Post
haha

1.5 miles shame on you

start running !!!

best wishes - katie

ps. if you do buy a new battery, make sure it is exactly the same spec as the original or your car may need re-coding if you change amp/hrs or lead acid for agm battery etc
Agree regarding coding not necessary if keeping the same specification of battery but you should still register the new battery as fitted as the charge rates are then reset to a new battery charge, as the battery gets older the charge rates differ.
Appreciate 0