E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest > iPhone 5 and Option 6FL

09-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
richpike
Captain
Rep
Drives: MDX, LR4

iPhone 5 and Option 6FL

Not sure how many of you have ordered, or plan to, an iPhone 5, but with the change in connector it is looking like parts of the option 6FL (audio integration) may not work, even with the adapter that Apple is planning:

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...ars-outdated/1

As best as I can tell now, it will support audio playback with the adapter, but may not support titles in the menu, etc.

I posted a question on BMWUSA's Facebook page asking them to clarify, but I imagine it will be ignored until we get a lot of folks posting the question. If you have preordered an iPhone5 and/or plan to, you might want to go post up a question. The more we have asking, the better chance we'll get of a reply. If you hear something from BMW on your question, post it back up here.

-Rich
Appreciate 0