E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > New car (opinions) - 320i vs 325i(autovogue)

07-14-2010, 03:53 AM   #23
ghosty
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e92 335d se

Garage List
2008 335d SE  [0.00]
what about a regular 325 m sport instead of the autovouge? im sure the autovogue must carry a premium with the body kit and wheels etc. that way hopefully a newer 6 pot 3er may be in your price range

my opinion, the autovouge looks ok but a bit too in ya face for my likeing. and as others have said above there are many many advantages of a 6 pot engine over a 4 pot one

youre still a lucky git at your age
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 04:12 AM   #24
Masterplan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 & G05 X5

Being a 20 year old E92 owner, theres a lot to think about.

I think a lot of people lose sight of how much lads our age get pumped on insurance despite having clean licences, no accidents and no claims for the last 3 years.

My initial thought would be that insurance might ask for a list of the mods on the Autovogue 325 as its not classed as standard i dont think? (correct me if i'm wrong). You might also find that they will insure you, but due to your age and excess they might not insure the cost of the mods (a situation I am currently in).

I went for the 320i SE with moderate spec. I dived in head first, wanted a BMW and as far as I was concerned nothing was going to stop me. I weighed up insurance costs and finance, to find those two factors made it pretty affordable.

However, i did not take into consideration the running costs. i too travel short journeys, back and forward to work etc. Petrol is a nightmare compared to my previous cars. I filled the 320 up at the weekend and it was about £2 short of £80, which is a lot of money when you put it into perspective, especially when it requires a minimum of two full tanks a month for my trips. I also didn't factor in the tyres, servicing and maintenance.

After 4 days of ownership I got a flat, and spent £250 per tyre on getting two run flats for the rear. A painful introduction into the world of BMW. However I sucked it up and dealt with it as you do! Servicing these bad boys aint cheap either.

I've also found they depreciate pretty fast in the first two years. I got mine for a good price, yet its still depreciated.

However, please dont let that put you off. I love driving the 320 coupe. It turns heads, comfy to drive and has enough power for day-to-day driving. I'm on the look for new alloys, upgraded angel eyes, just fitted bluetooth.....the bug bites and you will want to mod. It's great fun, and although I dont chip on on this much, this is also a good community to share information and everyone is really friendly.

I guess the moral of the story is....think long and hard. Its not about keeping up with mates, or impressing pretty ladies.....its about owning a car you enjoy, and not wishing you bought something else! in the end its your money that pays for it, and insurance comes around every 10-12 months so also consider that too!

Just my 2p worth
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 08:07 AM   #25
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterplan View Post
Being a 20 year old E92 owner, theres a lot to think about.

I think a lot of people lose sight of how much lads our age get pumped on insurance despite having clean licences, no accidents and no claims for the last 3 years.

My initial thought would be that insurance might ask for a list of the mods on the Autovogue 325 as its not classed as standard i dont think? (correct me if i'm wrong). You might also find that they will insure you, but due to your age and excess they might not insure the cost of the mods (a situation I am currently in).

I went for the 320i SE with moderate spec. I dived in head first, wanted a BMW and as far as I was concerned nothing was going to stop me. I weighed up insurance costs and finance, to find those two factors made it pretty affordable.

However, i did not take into consideration the running costs. i too travel short journeys, back and forward to work etc. Petrol is a nightmare compared to my previous cars. I filled the 320 up at the weekend and it was about £2 short of £80, which is a lot of money when you put it into perspective, especially when it requires a minimum of two full tanks a month for my trips. I also didn't factor in the tyres, servicing and maintenance.

After 4 days of ownership I got a flat, and spent £250 per tyre on getting two run flats for the rear. A painful introduction into the world of BMW. However I sucked it up and dealt with it as you do! Servicing these bad boys aint cheap either.

I've also found they depreciate pretty fast in the first two years. I got mine for a good price, yet its still depreciated.

However, please dont let that put you off. I love driving the 320 coupe. It turns heads, comfy to drive and has enough power for day-to-day driving. I'm on the look for new alloys, upgraded angel eyes, just fitted bluetooth.....the bug bites and you will want to mod. It's great fun, and although I dont chip on on this much, this is also a good community to share information and everyone is really friendly.

I guess the moral of the story is....think long and hard. Its not about keeping up with mates, or impressing pretty ladies.....its about owning a car you enjoy, and not wishing you bought something else! in the end its your money that pays for it, and insurance comes around every 10-12 months so also consider that too!

Just my 2p worth
well said!!! especially about the autovogue, i stand corrected....might have issues with insurance!!!...

and all the stuff about running costs, very good advice....sometimes we just lose sight of budget and costs!!!...

minor disagreement, IT IS ABOUT KEEPIN UP WITH MATES AND IMPRESSING PRETTY LADIES!...

Thats the whole point of living! ;-)

and don't think for too long and hard, otherwise, one day u'll wake up with 3 kids, a wife, a dog, a diesel touring and think....where the hell is my e92 I wanted when i was 20!!!...
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 08:44 AM   #26
ghosty
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e92 335d se

Garage List
2008 335d SE  [0.00]
i have 1 kid, 1 wife and a diesel e92. i think life has treated me fairly
i dont think i would have appreciated it as much when i was 20
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 09:00 AM   #27
Masterplan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 & G05 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
well said!!! especially about the autovogue, i stand corrected....might have issues with insurance!!!...

and all the stuff about running costs, very good advice....sometimes we just lose sight of budget and costs!!!...

minor disagreement, IT IS ABOUT KEEPIN UP WITH MATES AND IMPRESSING PRETTY LADIES!...

Thats the whole point of living! ;-)

and don't think for too long and hard, otherwise, one day u'll wake up with 3 kids, a wife, a dog, a diesel touring and think....where the hell is my e92 I wanted when i was 20!!!...
LOL....Ok Ok it is all about the Ladies (who was I trying to kid )
Appreciate 0