E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Neighbours BMW Stolen!!

04-18-2009, 05:04 AM   #1
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
Neighbours BMW Stolen!!

Woke up this morning to find police outside the house. There are a few nice cars down our road, quite a few new BMW's etc and my neighbour recently bought a brand new 335i convertible. Car thieves relieved him of it last night. He foolishly left the keys on the stairs and the scumbags just hooked them through the letterbox. They had the audacity to do this around 11pm last night, which struck me as quite early to do such a thing??? It has tracker fitted but i dont hold much hope of that doing anything as its probably in another country by now or in a container ship in the middle of the sea. Thing is they have obviously been watching the cars/owners on this street as the car itself wasnt parked outside his own house, it was further up the street, so they obviously watched to see which house it belonged to. My car has been sat on a ramp at BMW Sytners for last 3 weeks and ive cursed them every day for it. However, this morning i felt somewhat relieved that im having to smoke around in a 320i courtesy car!!!! Problem is, i guess these scumbags will be back to try their luck again before too long and im sure a nice shiny white E92 M3 is an even more attractive option. Fucking Scum!
      04-18-2009, 05:21 AM   #2
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
11pm is VERY early! Makes it even more scary doesn't it, that you might enocunter this scum as you walk out down your hallway to find them sitting at your front door

To be honest, I would rather not have the thing back if stolen, it would never feel the same again.

On a side issue,whats up with the M3 Steve, did not realise it was in the garage?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2009, 05:29 AM   #3
jjbirch
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60 530D M SPORT

Garage List
this my be a little OT but i had a caravan stolen in 2002 it was only 4 days old even took the wheels off of it and left it at my father in laws in swindon,never ever saw it again and relieved me of 12k police were a waste of time, bloody scums
i know what he feels like
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2009, 05:33 AM   #4
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
those cunts need 2 b tortured...
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2009, 06:01 AM   #5
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by redE93cab View Post
On a side issue,whats up with the M3 Steve, did not realise it was in the garage?
Im going to write a seperate post on the issue when i get chance!! Its nothing major as such, but its a bloody pain in the arse and BMW GB are seriously struggling to get it sorted, its a real nightmare and i may not even have it back in time for my OWN M3 meet next weekend - joke!!!
      04-18-2009, 10:14 AM   #6
Oulixes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 330xi, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbailey View Post
Woke up this morning to find police outside the house. There are a few nice cars down our road, quite a few new BMW's etc and my neighbour recently bought a brand new 335i convertible. Car thieves relieved him of it last night. He foolishly left the keys on the stairs and the scumbags just hooked them through the letterbox. They had the audacity to do this around 11pm last night, which struck me as quite early to do such a thing??? It has tracker fitted but i dont hold much hope of that doing anything as its probably in another country by now or in a container ship in the middle of the sea. Thing is they have obviously been watching the cars/owners on this street as the car itself wasnt parked outside his own house, it was further up the street, so they obviously watched to see which house it belonged to. My car has been sat on a ramp at BMW Sytners for last 3 weeks and ive cursed them every day for it. However, this morning i felt somewhat relieved that im having to smoke around in a 320i courtesy car!!!! Problem is, i guess these scumbags will be back to try their luck again before too long and im sure a nice shiny white E92 M3 is an even more attractive option. Fucking Scum!
This is an amazing story, especially the part about the keys. In North America, the thieves are usually a bit cruder - mostly they just come with a flat bed truck. There were a few reports in USA and Canada that a built-in tracker actually worked. The thieves have not found it and the police managed to find the car and save it from being chopped.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2009, 10:19 AM   #7
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
Steve, I'm assuming the scumbags must have looked through the letterbox to see the keys on the stairs then. Strange place to leave your car keys but anyhow the end result is still bloody awful for him.

Like others say, it's catch 22 whether you'd want the car back if and when found.

I realise your car is not currently parked down the street, but the scum that stole your neighbours car will obviously now know that the whole street will be aware of what's happened, so maybe they'll stay away as everyone is going to be more vigilant - just a thought.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2009, 01:35 PM   #8
mrpickle
Private
Rep
Drives: 335D

Sorry to hear about this. Having a brand new car stolen from your doorstep must be really annoying!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2009, 02:07 PM   #9
Speedtrap
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: A very fast car :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbailey View Post
Im going to write a seperate post on the issue when i get chance!! Its nothing major as such, but its a bloody pain in the arse and BMW GB are seriously struggling to get it sorted, its a real nightmare and i may not even have it back in time for my OWN M3 meet next weekend - joke!!!
Whats the problem with your car mate? brakes?
      04-18-2009, 03:36 PM   #10
ss134
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Unbelievable, its getting less and less enjoyable to own a nice car in this
country nowadays- if idiots arent stealing them, theyre keying your car or
giving you the wanker sign at the lights ( maybe the last one is just me lol).
Ive just picked up a 13 year old 306 to run about in for a few weeks before
my new 335i is delivered and its great not worrying about where to park it
etc etc- sad but these are the times we're living in unfortunately.
Appreciate 0