E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > New Car - E90 330D

03-23-2012, 03:29 PM   #1
Soootylad
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330D M Sport

Garage List
Question New Car - E90 330D

How do folks!

Well, I'm back into a BMW - got a great deal on a 2008 330D M Sport Auto so i'll be on here quite regularly I'd have thought...

Got a few questions if you don't mind?

1) Is there any way to make the paddle shifts works properly? i.e. left one for down right one for up? Any hidden settings in the iDrive or anything?

2) Is is possible to upgrade the iDrive to a more current version, and is there any point in doing so?

3) There are a few things I'd like to buy, where would be the best place to buy black kidneys, blacklines, a replacement dummy cigarette lighter and a replacement seat lever for pulling the seat back and forth (its in a bit of a bad state despite the best of the car being immaculate) - just got straight to a dealership?

And thats it - I'll get some pics up tomorrow after I've gone to town on it with Dodo Juice
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
Mr Singh
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330D M Sport Auto

Welcome!

1) Yes you can change the paddles to the left/down and right/up - http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=585596

2) I assume you mean the CIC version? Its a pretty big job not to mention expensive but then again theres alot more features!!

3) Black Kidneys, cig lighter dummy, seat lever - try bmminiparts.co.uk - Blacklines German ebay.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #3
Soootylad
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330D M Sport

Garage List
Thanks for that, I'll check out those sites

I didn't actually mean change the physical flappy paddles, I just wondered if there was a setting anywhere so the left did down and the right did up thats all
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 06:45 AM   #4
Mr Singh
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330D M Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by sootylad View Post

I didn't actually mean change the physical flappy paddles, I just wondered if there was a setting anywhere so the left did down and the right did up thats all
OK so you have the double paddles both sides doing up shift pull, and down shift push. The answer to that is no, your stuck with it unless you physically change the paddles
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 07:46 AM   #5
TMP
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sootylad View Post

No quick setting, but there is a bit of re-wiring you can do keeping the orignal paddles.

I just left hand push for down change, right hand pull for up changes. bit of a compromise but works well.