E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Walnut Blasting by e90TiAg335i (REVIEW)

Closed Thread

03-12-2013, 11:32 AM   #1
Chris_506
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 f82

Thumbs up Walnut Blasting by e90TiAg335i (REVIEW)

So this past monday i got my valves cleaned and figured id write a small review on it and my experience for us folks around the southeast/florida

So for the past couple of months i have noticed a little hesitation sometimes at lower range rpms..sometimes at higher range rpms, i have also noticed a small jerking and erratic idling at stops so after changing the spark plugs, checking coils and getting the hpfp tested i some research and came to the conclusion that considering the mileage on my e92(118k) i figured the next best thing to do would be some valve cleaning.

After looking around for places and peoples personal experiences i chose to go with with e90TiAg335i(Brett) in Jacksonville FL who came highly recommended by some members on the forum, since his price at this moment is very reasonable($250) and his proximity to where i live isn't bad the choice to go to him was made easier.

As far as Brett he is very honest and very knowledgeable about BMW and seems to have every tool known to mankind on his garage , from what i could tell he has performed this procedure plenty of times before and he made it seem easy. As far as his work, he does the valve cleaning thru the method of walnut blasting and uses the procedure mostly any other shop will use, he doesn't take any shortcuts and will blast it as many times needed and use as many resources necessary..but i will let the pictures speak for themselves.

BEFORE

DURING

AFTER

COMPARISON

My immediate thoughts afterwards were WOW! The delivery of power was much more smoother, the car seemed more responsive and the sympthoms i had before have ceased by like 95%. Now on day 2 the car is running great and feels like a new car in comparison to before and it is safe to say it runs as smooth as my e90 335i i drive for work which has under half the mileage.

Bottom line; if you haven't done this, DO IT! it will rejuvenate your car and engine and it will make it fun to drive again..if done by a skilled person there isn't a single negative outcome that can come from this. If you are in Florida or the southeast make sure to hit Brett up and he will get you taken care of at a reasonable price and will do excellent work!

NOTE:this pictures were taken with a cellphone so sorry for the quality but i can provide with better ones.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
Spensaur
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 328i

Garage List
Wow........... pretty speechless as to how dirty your valves were. Thank god you got them cleaned.
2007 E93 328i | Space Gray Coral Red | M-Tech Front Bumper w/ Carbon Fiber Splitters | BMW Performance Rear Bumper | BMW Performance Exhaust w/ Secondary Cat Delete | Injen Intake | HID Angel Eyes | M3 Trunk Lip Spoiler

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #3
e90TiAg335i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10 e90 335i

Garage List
2010 e90 335i  [7.00]
Thanks for the review! I'll try to get those pictures to you ASAP. Hopefully I won't be at work until 4am again! Looking forward to working with you on the other projects. Thanks again!

JB4, DP, VMR V710, Sonic Tuning S1 coilovers, Hybrid Ovations, Soundsplinter 10" and Zapco DC Ref amps
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 08:12 AM   #4
Chris_506
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spensaur View Post
Wow........... pretty speechless as to how dirty your valves were. Thank god you got them cleaned.
You'd be surprised..they werent as bad as imagined if you consider the mileage. He had seen cars with less mileage and worse buildup. But yea iam glad as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 08:14 AM   #5
Chris_506
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90TiAg335i View Post
Thanks for the review! I'll try to get those pictures to you ASAP. Hopefully I won't be at work until 4am again! Looking forward to working with you on the other projects. Thanks again!
Lol you should just consider being a full time BMW tech . And thanks man. Dps/wrap and potentially some exhaust work in the near future!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 04:50 PM   #6
MiamiTuning
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

wow what a difference, thats what happens when you don't use an oil catch can.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 05:07 PM   #7
e90TiAg335i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10 e90 335i

Garage List
2010 e90 335i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZAJ
wow what a difference, thats what happens when you don't use an oil catch can.
I could be wrong but I'm willing to bet you it even happens with one. Granted, it'll hopefully be much less. I'll know soon as a friend has me do his and he's had his OCC for quite a while.

JB4, DP, VMR V710, Sonic Tuning S1 coilovers, Hybrid Ovations, Soundsplinter 10" and Zapco DC Ref amps
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #8
MiamiTuning
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90TiAg335i View Post
I could be wrong but I'm willing to bet you it even happens with one. Granted, it'll hopefully be much less. I'll know soon as a friend has me do his and he's had his OCC for quite a while.
They do get pretty dirty but the OCC helps a lot, the N54 get a lot of oil blow back from the crankcase and all gets dumped to the rear turbo and eventually makes it was to the intake ports.
I think is great that you are doing this for a great price, I've heard the dealership charging over 1k to do this same job.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 10:25 AM   #9
Chris_506
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZAJ View Post
They do get pretty dirty but the OCC helps a lot, the N54 get a lot of oil blow back from the crankcase and all gets dumped to the rear turbo and eventually makes it was to the intake ports.
I think is great that you are doing this for a great price, I've heard the dealership charging over 1k to do this same job.
yea even cars running occs and meth still develop their share of buildup so its never a bad idea, i would suggest for anyone with over 50k miles on the clock to do it..specially at a price like this its a win/win, to Brett for helping out the BMW community
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread