E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > iTunes Update HELP!!

02-01-2016, 08:02 AM   #1
Wayne-G
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MG F30 330d Msport xDrive

iTunes Update HELP!!

Hi guys, It appears updating iTunes isn't as easy as it sounds...

Basically I've been getting an iPhone 6 and the iTunes version I had wasn't compatible with it.
I clicked update and it got say 3/4 of the way through the install and wouldn't go any further, I even left it for a while when I went out for a couple of hours too.

Basically I cancelled it and tried again but it just says iTunes was not installed correctly please reinstall iTunes "Windows error 127" and when I try and launch iTunes it says "The procedure entry point CMTimeConvertScale could not be located in the dynamic link library CoreMedia.dll"

I've read on the apple site that you need to Uninstall the existing one then install the new one, but when I go into the control panel and click uninstall it just says the other ones the in the process of installing so it cant.

I've downloaded 'Winthruster' and 'Reimage repair' to try and sort it as the apple site says but even those wont launch properly!

Also I have windows 7!

Any help would be appreciated!

Wayne.

Last edited by Wayne-G; 02-01-2016 at 08:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2016, 08:13 AM   #2
loknar
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i e90 iDrive

Try regcleaner. Essential tool for windows. Available on majorgeeks without spyware (beware any other site).
Use regcleaner to remove traces of iTunes and hopefully u can reinstall fresh.

Remember this when choosing Apple to have music on your phone from now on. I quit using iPhones because of this. Now sticking to Android and I can control what the heck is and is not on my phone.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2016, 08:43 AM   #3
Wayne-G
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MG F30 330d Msport xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by loknar View Post
Try regcleaner. Essential tool for windows. Available on majorgeeks without spyware (beware any other site).
Use regcleaner to remove traces of iTunes and hopefully u can reinstall fresh.

Remember this when choosing Apple to have music on your phone from now on. I quit using iPhones because of this. Now sticking to Android and I can control what the heck is and is not on my phone.
Thanks i'll give that a try, Majorgeeks is where I got the other 2 programs, it did mention about getting ones from other sites may come with virus's. My old phone didn't back up properly due to having minimal storage and its broke so I've had nightmare getting all my old contacts and other stuff back!
Appreciate 0