E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Flex Fuel sensor with COBB?

10-22-2014, 03:11 PM   #1
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A metal box with a roundel

Flex Fuel sensor with COBB?

Is this possible? I know Vishnu has/had a flex fuel sensor for running E85 mix.

Now, is there any way that the flex fuel sensor will work with COBB? Meaning, having a COBB map that adjusts the timing and psi according to the fuel mixture?

TIA

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 04:16 PM   #2
pinky_and_me
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N54 335xi

Cobb did it for GTRs by tapping into some unused input to the ECU. You don't even need the access port connected to the car, if I understood correctly.

I was told that they've been researching it for our platform as well but that was 3-4 months ago and it did not come directly from them.

I have the Vishnu kit and it is very convenient but there's nobody around who is willing to do a custom tune so I'm waiting for Cobb as well and will switch as soon as they have something.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 05:01 PM   #3
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A metal box with a roundel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky_and_me View Post
Cobb did it for GTRs by tapping into some unused input to the ECU. You don't even need the access port connected to the car, if I understood correctly.

I was told that they've been researching it for our platform as well but that was 3-4 months ago and it did not come directly from them.

I have the Vishnu kit and it is very convenient but there's nobody around who is willing to do a custom tune so I'm waiting for Cobb as well and will switch as soon as they have something.
That's exactly why I asked. Got a friend who has a GTR and COBB with flex fuel sensor.....

And like you said, Vishnu was the only one I knew that had it.....Now, I don't know where they are lol.....MIA

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0