E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > IDrive controller not working- no music/TPMS

07-14-2015, 08:49 AM   #1
54VAGE
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 N54 335i

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
IDrive controller not working- no music/TPMS

So i just got my e92 335i. The idrive controller knob is completely unresponsive as well as the buttons. the lights dont even light up at night its as if the whole setup is dead. i also noticed theres no light next to my gear for PRNDL so im not sure if they relate. The screen works and responds to when i touch the numbers displaying the different presets, but when i press them no music plays or no response happens.

at the same time, the car has the traction, Brake, ABS and tire pressure light on. i have 4 brand new tires and brakes and all TPMS sensors are functional. but the car still tells me low pressure and that my breaking system is malfunctioning. i scanned the code at the mechanic and replaced the passenger rear ABS speed sensor twice, but it did not fix the issue. please help! miss my iDrive
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 04:14 PM   #2
Dracon
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashman94 View Post
So i just got my e92 335i. The idrive controller knob is completely unresponsive as well as the buttons. the lights dont even light up at night its as if the whole setup is dead. i also noticed theres no light next to my gear for PRNDL so im not sure if they relate. The screen works and responds to when i touch the numbers displaying the different presets, but when i press them no music plays or no response happens.

at the same time, the car has the traction, Brake, ABS and tire pressure light on. i have 4 brand new tires and brakes and all TPMS sensors are functional. but the car still tells me low pressure and that my breaking system is malfunctioning. i scanned the code at the mechanic and replaced the passenger rear ABS speed sensor twice, but it did not fix the issue. please help! miss my iDrive
Did this just start happening or has it been like this since you got the vehicle?

It sounds like someone opened the center console and didn't reconnect all the wires properly.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 11:47 PM   #3
dbworld4k
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 M3

Garage List
2002 BMW M5  [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Check fuse 27. Chances are someone pulled it in an attempt to disable your TPMS previously.
Appreciate 0