E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Help on choosing suspension!

06-27-2014, 02:09 AM   #23
Pnutz295
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335

ST is made by KW. KW V1 is the same as ST V1. Only difference is KW is stainless. You can only adjust height in the V1... If you have $1300.. Try to look for a use set of KW v2 or v3.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 07:15 AM   #24
BBONG
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10 M5

my friend send me the coilover information from this website, go check it out. It look pretty nice and the price is pretty good as well!

http://www.catuned.com/catuned-coilovers-e90-system
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 09:23 AM   #25
revelocity_paulo
Revelocity Web Director
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 ///M-Paket

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwlAznKid View Post
i love my st's lol my last post came off a bit rude but that wasn't my intention it was just the first time i heard say that sts were so bad, it gets low enough for me and does great on canyon runs (i don't go often or anything though) and great for daily driving, it's a bit harsher than stock but that's why i think it's the compromise between performance and comfort
Haha no worries bro! Yeah, I am expecting it to be a bit stiffer than stock but so far, all you guys with ST coils are saying that it pretty much have a comfortable ride. Now I am leaning on STs. Glad I asked here. But I am also expecting people saying they had bad experience with it so I am really weighing it out.

Alpine White E90 M Sport | M Performance Exhaust | ST Coilovers | CF Splitters & Lip | CF Spoiler | CF Diffuser | CF Side Mirrors | Gloss Black Vinyl Wrapped Roof | Orion V4 | Linea Corse LC818 | IG: @revelocity_paulo | Website: www.revelocityevents.com
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 09:24 AM   #26
revelocity_paulo
Revelocity Web Director
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie295 View Post
ST is made by KW. KW V1 is the same as ST V1. Only difference is KW is stainless. You can only adjust height in the V1... If you have $1300.. Try to look for a use set of KW v2 or v3.
Yeah I have compared the 2. KW is stainless and ST is galvanized steel - which is fine for us here in CA.

Alpine White E90 M Sport | M Performance Exhaust | ST Coilovers | CF Splitters & Lip | CF Spoiler | CF Diffuser | CF Side Mirrors | Gloss Black Vinyl Wrapped Roof | Orion V4 | Linea Corse LC818 | IG: @revelocity_paulo | Website: www.revelocityevents.com
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 09:33 AM   #27
gigabyte
what's for lunch?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e90 335i

i have st coils on my e90. the ride is actually better then the m sport suspension they replaced. i only lowered the car .5 inch to cut the fender gap.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 11:32 AM   #28
GTKrockeTT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3DEEMED View Post
Yeah, im expecting it to be a bit stiffer than OEM sport suspension. But overall, if OEM Sport Suspension is 10, how will you rate ST's ride comfort?
if we're going on ride comfort alone, i would say the ST is 7/10 compared to the sport suspension. of course, this is all subjective.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 02:07 PM   #29
revelocity_paulo
Revelocity Web Director
United_States
Rep

gigabyte & GTKrockett: for real? now I am sold on STs! Thanks guys for all the input. Much appreciate it! Will post photos soon on this thread!

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 12:43 AM   #30
Moz_e90
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325 e90 Sparkling Graphite

Did I say "opinions will vary", or what? Hahahaha.

For $1200, coils only, I may have gone for KV2 myself, just to have the adjustable rebound option. I personally budgeted about $1200 Total, including $300-350 for install, which put me in the KV1/ST range (after research). It's my daily driver. Just want to stiffen things up a bit, ~1" drop from non-sport, etc.

Have fun!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 05:50 PM   #31
revelocity_paulo
Revelocity Web Director
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moz_e90 View Post
Did I say "opinions will vary", or what? Hahahaha.

For $1200, coils only, I may have gone for KV2 myself, just to have the adjustable rebound option. I personally budgeted about $1200 Total, including $300-350 for install, which put me in the KV1/ST range (after research). It's my daily driver. Just want to stiffen things up a bit, ~1" drop from non-sport, etc.

Have fun!
Yeah my budget for $1300 includes installation as well. haha! I'm sure now that i'm gonna get ST coils. I'm excited. Like everybody else is saying, do it right the first time. And so far, a lot of peeps are leaning towards coils since they cost pretty much the same as KONI+H&R sport springs anyways. Might as well get something with the advantage of adjusting the height. So yeah, ST Coils it is! Thanks guys!

Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 09:26 PM   #32
AW M4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 ///M4

I recently removed a set of KW V2 from my car. The KW V2 coils are height and rebound damping adjustable. The rebound damping primarily, controls pitch and roll of the vehicle, especially in the low speed damping range which directly influences handling and comfort. It can be adjusted to your needs, making the ride variable from comfortable to sporty and stiff. You'll definitely notice a huge improvement in handling and having adjustable damping is a plus.

They've been on my car for about 15k miles and I'm the first and only owner. Never tracked and only street driven. They have not been abused and are in perfect working condition. Only reason I'm selling them is because I upgraded to Air Suspension. Dropped you a pm
Appreciate 0