E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Long cranks - HPFP and australian recall question

04-26-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
purifyer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e93 335i

Long cranks - HPFP and australian recall question

Over the last few days I've noticed the cranks are getting quite long, I assume my first HPFP death is near

I thought I may as well order a new HPFP now - reading the american pages the 446 seems to be the "newest" pump design, anyone confirm that for us?

Also, what has been the deal with the "australian recall"? my car is now out of warranty (jan 08 build), I was never contacted about any recall, are the dealers replacing HPFP for free? Or would I be better just going to an independent?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 06:22 PM   #2
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

It's a well known issue, dealers should do it under goodwill with little persuasion. There has been no recall in Australia as such, you can kindly inform any dealer of the recall in the US so they can soften there tune.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 06:31 PM   #3
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

There is a technical campaign in Aus, not a recall.

Call your BMW $tealership and advise them your getting long cranks etc and they should look after you.

1st thing they will do is reprogram your car. You'll then need to live through a month or two of waiting for the codes to come up again before actually getting a new pump.
Vishnu PROcede V5 | VK Motorworks FMIC | AR Design OCC | Forge DV's | Bilstein PSS9 | M3 Lower Control Arms & Caster Rods | Quaife LSD | HiTech Exhaust | BMW Performance Illuminated Door Sills | BMW Performance Gear Selector & Boot | BMW Performance E-Brake Cover
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 05:40 AM   #4
CPV
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I'm having the long cranks now and have connected my code reader via my JB4 USB connection and confirmed it is the HPFP.

Should I take out the JB4 before I head into the dealership to try and get the HPFP replaced out of goodwill?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 01:42 PM   #5
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPV
I'm having the long cranks now and have connected my code reader via my JB4 USB connection and confirmed it is the HPFP.

Should I take out the JB4 before I head into the dealership to try and get the HPFP replaced out of goodwill?
I would, then while it's out you got an excuse to do the ISO mod
Appreciate 0