E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > I've been flagged and denied - almost solved.

05-13-2008, 09:19 PM   #67
Robertbog
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
Just spent 2 hours at Audi of Mission Viejo, discussing the purchase of an Ibis White B7 S4. . . .
Dont be a pussy, youll kick yourself over it. the rest of the car should be under warranty.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:19 PM   #68
Amir87
Gruppe Titan
Pakistan
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 SG/Coral

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Just spent 2 hours at Audi of Mission Viejo, discussing the purchase of an Ibis White B7 S4. . . .
Don't do it!

Hang in there man, GL to you
      05-13-2008, 09:23 PM   #69
1clean335i
Perf BMW mag issue 147, 159
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: Project Estoril

Garage List
Quote:
The techs and I had honest conversations about BMW and their crack down tactics. Its a dead end.
So did you know the tech working on your car? How did the car get flagged? Did they start digging in the ecu box or something?

Really sucks to hear this is happening more and more...
      05-13-2008, 09:26 PM   #70
lm1z
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1clean335i View Post
So did you know the tech working on your car? How did the car get flagged? Did they start digging in the ecu box or something?

+1. This info. would be really beneficial to the forums.

Don't sell your car just yet Boost!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:26 PM   #71
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

I'm selling this car guys. . . . . .

I have to. . . BMW's tune detection methods will only get more intricate and advanced as time goes on. . . and as time goes on, more parts on my car will begin to fail and I will be stuck having to pay for them. I cant afford to do so.

Believe me, this decision is like divorcing a wife to me. . . . I've been 100% BMW for over 3 years now, but as an adult with the knowledge of what is to come from this car in terms of warranty, costs, and headaches. . . I have to stop thinking like a kid who wants to hold onto his toy no matter what, and think like a logical adult. And thinking like a logical adult in this situation means, realizing that this car will become a financial nightmare in the near future and it's costs of operation will FAR out weigh almost anything it's worth, so while it's still relatively new and in great condition, I need to get rid of it.

What am I buying next? Whatever I can get for my car is all i'll have to put towards antoher car. So it's going to be either a used Z4 M coupe, or an awesome deal on a B7 S4

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:27 PM   #72
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
You need to call BMW NA, in this situation where a recall is issued they can not refuse.
Was there a recall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:27 PM   #73
Mattscott
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1clean335i View Post

I was told every tech (now) is supposed to dig into the ecu and check for signs of tampering before any warranty work is to be done.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:28 PM   #74
Mattscott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I have to. . . BMW's tune detection methods will only get more intricate and advanced as time goes on. . . and as time goes on, more parts on my car will begin to fail and I will be stuck having to pay for them. I cant afford to do so.

Believe me, this decision is like divorcing a wife to me. . . . I've been 100% BMW for over 3 years now, but as an adult with the knowledge of what is to come from this car in terms of warranty, costs, and headaches. . . I have to stop thinking like a kid who wants to hold onto his toy no matter what, and think like a logical adult. And thinking like a logical adult in this situation means, realizing that this car will become a financial nightmare in the near future and it's costs of operation will FAR out weigh almost anything it's worth, so while it's still relatively new and in great condition, I need to get rid of it.

What am I buying next? Whatever I can get for my car is all i'll have to put towards antoher car. So it's going to be either a used Z4 M coupe, or an awesome deal on a B7 S4
Check your PM's

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
Was there a recall?
Nope, service bulletin, that only applys to very few cars by vin# and build date
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:31 PM   #75
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
Was there a recall?
Depends on what you define as a recall, I define it as the voluntary replacement of an item despite failure. Fuel pump meets this condition.

Regardless the rules are still different when there is a pattern of failure, any service bulletin quantifies a pattern of failure.
      05-13-2008, 09:32 PM   #76
Mattscott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Depends on what you define as a recall, I define it as the voluntary replacement of an item despite failure. Fuel pump meets this condition.

Regardless the rules are still different when there is a pattern of failure, any service bulletin quantifies a pattern of failure.
You know as well as I do, they will say his HPFP should have been fine, but due to increased stress it failed.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:33 PM   #77
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattscott View Post
I was told every tech (now) is supposed to dig into the ecu and check for signs of tampering before any warranty work is to be done.
exactly. . . . like I said, things are getting out of hand with BMW and their service guidelines. Sucks for both the consumer and BMW because they're going to lose a lot of loyal customers due to this bullshit, and we dont get to have fun with the cars anymore. . . . .

They're detection methods will only get stronger and worse, I can almost promise you that.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:33 PM   #78
satinghostrider
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP LCI II

Quote:

I know brudder..Even i feel sometimes for the sake of badge, the GTR is the car to get now. I had enough of BMWs. I have my 335 that is like a shining angel. But with BMWs ploy to protect their segment of cars, it will appear like other cars are far more less heartbreaking to the heart. If you know what i mean.

2018 F80 LCI II ZCP ///M3 Mineral White M-DCT| Sakhir Orange Interior| |M Performance Exhaust|
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:34 PM   #79
Mattscott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
exactly. . . . like I said, things are getting out of hand with BMW and their service guidelines. Sucks for both the consumer and BMW because they're going to lose a lot of loyal customers due to this bullshit, and we dont get to have fun with the cars anymore. . . . .

They're detection methods will only get stronger and worse, I can almost promise you that.
The next progman will probably be able to detect anytime a wire has been disconnected in the ECU for ANY reason.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:36 PM   #80
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
I know brudder..Even i feel sometimes for the sake of badge, the GTR is the car to get now. I had enough of BMWs. I have my 335 that is like a shining angel. But with BMWs ploy to protect their segment of cars, it will appear like other cars are far more less heartbreaking to the heart. If you know what i mean.
Oh I know exactly what you mean. I know exactly what you mean. . .

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:36 PM   #81
jfewins
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

can't you remove the piggyback and disconnect the battery to clear the DME data?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:37 PM   #82
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

I cant even revert back to stock and stay that way because their FASTA data and upcoming DME's will be able to look WAY back in the past and recall and tampering information. . . .

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:39 PM   #83
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfewins View Post
can't you remove the piggyback and disconnect the battery to clear the DME data?
no. . . .the DME even stores when/how many times you've disconnected the battery.

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:42 PM   #84
lm1z
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 GT350

Quote:
no. . . .the DME even stores when/how many times you've disconnected the battery.
Does the same go for the TMAP in regards to the SSTT?

I uninstalled mine 2 weeks ago and will be running stock (besides the BMS filter) from here on out. I'm only worried that if i encounter a problem in the future they could still blame it on the SSTT? Highly unlikely but possible.

Any insight on the BMS filter? Did they have anything to say about that?

Thanks Boost.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:43 PM   #85
satinghostrider
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP LCI II

I dont know if its workable but dyno scans like auterra, with updates, should technically be able to clear the DME and FASTA system. I think even if they offer it as a module upgrade and it promises to clear everything, then i guess it pretty much solves the problem of taking ur car into the dealerships next time. But then again, its the element of time.

2018 F80 LCI II ZCP ///M3 Mineral White M-DCT| Sakhir Orange Interior| |M Performance Exhaust|
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:46 PM   #86
Mattscott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfewins View Post
Unfortunately disconnecting the battery puts the ECU to sleep, but does not clear the DME data logging, and AFAIK no one knows exactly how far back the DME logs unusual maps, boost targets not reached, or too much fuel being used.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:47 PM   #87
Mattscott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
I dont know if its workable but dyno scans like auterra, with updates, should technically be able to clear the DME and FASTA system. I think even if they offer it as a module upgrade and it promises to clear everything, then i guess it pretty much solves the problem of taking ur car into the dealerships next time. But then again, its the element of time.
Except it would be kind of obvious bringing it into the dealer with 2 or 3 days worth of DME logging.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:48 PM   #88
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

sorry to hear about your luck. BMW is not messing around.