Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Does this alignment look normal? Gonna lower soon.

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

12-26-2013, 06:32 PM   #1
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
Does this alignment look normal? Gonna lower soon.

So I got my vehicle aligned today. The alignment tech didn't align the camber for the front as he says it was not adjustable, does this make sense?

He said that when he loaded my model into the computer there was some things that were not adjustable so he loaded another model in order to learn the settings??

I had a picture below of the spec sheet before and after the alignment, I just have a couple of questions.

Why does the rear and call for negative -1.5 camber? When you load weight into the car wont that make the Camber more negative?

Also is the front camber on this car adjustable? He said to bring it back in the morning and they're going to readjust it. How does this printout of my alignment look?

I hope I can still lower my car on eibach pro kit.
Attached Images

JB4 Stage 2 | Injen CAI | BMW PE | AR Catless DP | Alpina TCU Flash | Eibach Pro Kit | Custom TCKline Koni's | 19" M359 Wheels | DWS Tires
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 06:58 PM   #2
#Tee
Major General
Rep
Drives: yes

i wouldnt worry about the front camber specs in fact ill prefer it. everything else looks fine and should drive straight.

to answer your question, theres an alignment pin on the strut tower which could be removed to gain additional -.25 camber (min specs -.65). youre barely out of specs (camber) which is not a major concern as long as your toe is within specs. typically worn bushings will sag and cause the additional negative camber youre experiencing.

Normally cars are aligned without passenger loading (iirc some manufacturer will require 1 driver loaded). specs are given to be adjusted statically and yes the rear camber will dynamically change with extra load and bumps on the road but chances are you dont drive with 4 other passengers daily.

You can follow my builds on IG: Tee212

Last edited by #Tee; 12-26-2013 at 07:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #3
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by #Tee
i wouldnt worry about the front camber specs in fact ill prefer it. everything else looks fine and should drive straight.

to answer your question, theres an alignment pin on the strut tower which could be removed to gain additional -.25 camber (min specs -.65). youre barely out of specs (camber) which is not a major concern as long as your toe is within specs. typically worn bushings will sag and cause the additional negative camber youre experiencing.

Normally cars are aligned without passenger loading (iirc some manufacturer will require 1 driver loaded). specs are given to be adjusted statically and yes the rear camber will dynamically change with extra load and bumps on the road but chances are you dont drive with 4 other passengers daily.
What about 300 pounds in the car plus me and driving 600 miles for vacations?

When I lower the car can I still be in spec?

Where is this pin located and does bmw dealers and alignment shops know about it?

JB4 Stage 2 | Injen CAI | BMW PE | AR Catless DP | Alpina TCU Flash | Eibach Pro Kit | Custom TCKline Koni's | 19" M359 Wheels | DWS Tires
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #4
#Tee
Major General
Rep
Drives: yes

You should of left your aligment alone, youll need to get it realigned after height is altered. Yes your 300+ lbs would be ok. you dont need to have your front camber altered. in fact ppl pay money to have -1.2 camber.

Lower your car then get it aligned. done deal.

You can follow my builds on IG: Tee212
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #5
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep

Garage List
I took it back to fix alignment and the tech said the driver side rear tow adjustment bar (which is called a track bar I believe?) he said the camber bolt is maxed out and it seems that bar is bent how is that possible?

Here is the alignment sheet. Does this look better than before? He has the right model now and the front looks better. I just don't like how that bar is not straight or the camber bolt maxed out. I looked and it seems to have a slight curve outwards towards the rear of the car.

I want to lower it so I am going to replace the track bar on the driver side at the same time as the lowering springs.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 05:57 AM   #6
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep

Garage List
I also forgot to mark the driveshaft in its original position before removing to drain and fill ATF fluid. Is there a certain way that the driveshaft must be installed? I have a slight vibration at 65+ mph. Just had all 4 tires roadforce balanced with this alignment as well.

Its very slight, and seems to be coming from the center front of the car, around the floor boards of the driver side. Steering wheel doesn't seem to vibrate.

It isnt noticeable on all roads. Its mainly noticeable on smooth roads that are new.

any thoughts?

Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 11:55 AM   #7
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

If you were to pay attention to the printouts you will notice that the first one is for an X3 suv and the secend one is for your E9xx and that's why it's so fricking off.. Front camber on most BMW's is not adjustable without pulling the pins and that doesn't even give you much. You have nothing bent. You just need to find someone that's pays attention.
      01-02-2014, 12:02 PM   #8
einbruch10
these are the times that try mens soul's
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Always wait till after lowering to adjust, it won't be bad but you should get another alignment soon after the drop.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 04:44 PM   #9
therealm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 340 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
If you were to pay attention to the printouts you will notice that the first one is for an X3 suv and the secend one is for your E9xx and that's why it's so fricking off.. Front camber on most BMW's is not adjustable without pulling the pins and that doesn't even give you much. You have nothing bent. You just need to find someone that's pays attention.
I am with you. someone who tries to align an E90 by using X3 specs should not be trusted to give accurate suspension advice.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2014, 05:30 AM   #10
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1
So front camber won't change much with lowering 1 inch?

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2014, 04:08 PM   #11
xzibit a
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFury View Post
it will be there isnt much you can do to fix it, aside from buying caster camber plates. Even then with additional camber, if the car is aligned correctly by a competent technician you car will handle BETTER than factory
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2014, 09:59 AM   #12
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFury View Post
It will change.
      01-06-2014, 05:00 PM   #13
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep

Garage List
so right now my camber is around -.6 what will it be with eibach pro kit?

Who should I take it to for my alignment? I am in central NJ.

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2014, 05:35 PM   #14
RLNY
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

where did u get it aligned at?
Appreciate 0