E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > New Track in SoCal... bring a BIG wallet.

10-21-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

New Track in SoCal... bring a BIG wallet.

Looks very nice with options to build your own 2 story garage/entertainment area or even your own trackk side home for the real ballers.
The riff-raft fee is $125,000 and it goes up from there!! But that does get you membership to PGA West, which I've heard is around $50,000.

http://www.thermal122.com/Club/Scripts/Home/home.asp

HACK, any chance of something here in the future??? PLEASE!!!

Chuckwalla is pretty far, but this is only 10 minutes from La Quinta.
There's also that little issue of getting people to PAY for a track event.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."

Last edited by aus; 10-21-2010 at 07:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
aisthetes
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Competition

Wow, looks pretty incredible. Beyond the standard $125K membership fee (fully refundable in 30 years), you still need $10K a month in dues!

With the massive car culture in SoCal, there's room for more options than those just for the Robb Report crowd, and plenty of reasonably priced open desert to build on. I'd love to see a stripped-down, private racetrack facility with more reasonable costs and limited membership, for the rest of us. Something like a private Buttonwillow - just the facilities you need and multiple track arrangements, without the track day crowds and the ability to race around your schedule.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 08:49 AM   #3
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi A4 / 91 Track Miata

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Looks very nice with options to build your own 2 story garage/entertainment area or even your own trackk side home for the real ballers.
The riff-raft fee is $125,000 and it goes up from there!! But that does get you membership to PGA West, which I've heard is around $50,000.

http://www.thermal122.com/Club/Scripts/Home/home.asp

HACK, any chance of something here in the future??? PLEASE!!!

Chuckwalla is pretty far, but this is only 10 minutes from La Quinta.
There's also that little issue of getting people to PAY for a track event.
I think the BMW club has an event there already...I keep getting emails about the track at Chuckwalla.

Car is now gone .... :-(
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 11:42 AM   #4
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4to335 View Post
I think the BMW club has an event there already...I keep getting emails about the track at Chuckwalla.
This isn't Chuckwalla. This is a different facility being built somewhere south of Willow Springs. The concept was more along the line of a Country Club environment than a bare bone track like Chuckwalla. There are private suites with garages and lifts built right on top of the track.

The local chapter(s) have looked into tracks like Spring Mountain, which is also a private Country Club type track.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 04:21 PM   #5
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by aisthetes View Post
Wow, looks pretty incredible. Beyond the standard $125K membership fee (fully refundable in 30 years), you still need $10K a month in dues!

With the massive car culture in SoCal, there's room for more options than those just for the Robb Report crowd, and plenty of reasonably priced open desert to build on. I'd love to see a stripped-down, private racetrack facility with more reasonable costs and limited membership, for the rest of us. Something like a private Buttonwillow - just the facilities you need and multiple track arrangements, without the track day crowds and the ability to race around your schedule.
It would be nice to have a bare bones track not far from someplace where the wife can do some lounging too. Lancaster or Bakersfield doesn't cut it, and neither does Fontana. It would make going to the track easier. She was almost as bummed as me when she found out the Infineon CCA event was cancelled earlier this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4to335 View Post
I think it's the instructor training at Chuckwalla in the e-mails I've seen.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0