E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Safest wheel cleaner for chrome finish?

03-25-2013, 05:24 AM   #23
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
Glad to do it. Aren't you glad you applied the wax. This is exactly the point.... Ounce of Prevention is worth a pound of cure. Keep the layers up (wheel Wax) and your wheels will continue to be that easy to clean. Use the stronger chemicals only when necessary and do reapply the wax immediately after.

Now... Go out and do some driving!!!!!!
I can't even explain how happy I am that I applied it lol. I think sometime this week, ill take the wheels off for 2 more layers of wax which reminds me, I definitely need to restock on it! Haha
By immediately after, let's say I'm washing at a self service car wash about a half mile away, can I come home and reapply it? Or should I do it on the spot?
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 12:07 AM   #24
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi29 View Post
I can't even explain how happy I am that I applied it lol. I think sometime this week, ill take the wheels off for 2 more layers of wax which reminds me, I definitely need to restock on it! Haha
By immediately after, let's say I'm washing at a self service car wash about a half mile away, can I come home and reapply it? Or should I do it on the spot?
You can wait till you get home. You will be fine. It is always a good practice to wait until the car cools down before waxing.

Here is another tip for you..... Less is more. Try to lay down a thin layer rather than a heavy coat.
      03-27-2013, 02:44 AM   #25
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
You can wait till you get home. You will be fine. It is always a good practice to wait until the car cools down before waxing.

Here is another tip for you..... Less is more. Try to lay down a thin layer rather than a heavy coat.
The tip you told me was one I've learned a long time ago for paint, I wasn't really sure if it applied to rims as well so thank you for clearing that up
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 09:26 PM   #26
Colo M/Sport
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 M / Sport

This post has some good stuff, so I thought I would hijack it rather than start another on the same topic. I'm getting my wheels refinished and would like to apply a coating before I get junk baked into the new clearcoat. How soon can I put something on?

Hydro2 sounds interesting but the videos I've seen all look like ads. How do I know that I'm getting impartial info. Autogeek.net and L2D have posts on Hydro2 but also sell it - doesn't sound impartial to me. psnt1ol are you connected to Hydro2?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 10:00 PM   #27
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colo M/Sport View Post
This post has some good stuff, so I thought I would hijack it rather than start another on the same topic. I'm getting my wheels refinished and would like to apply a coating before I get junk baked into the new clearcoat. How soon can I put something on?

Hydro2 sounds interesting but the videos I've seen all look like ads. How do I know that I'm getting impartial info. Autogeek.net and L2D have posts on Hydro2 but also sell it - doesn't sound impartial to me. psnt1ol are you connected to Hydro2?
No. I am not connected to CarPro or any other Detail products vendors. I am, however, a member on several detailing forums such as the ones you mentioned above.

Hydr02 is more of a sealant than a coating. Durability seems to be better than that of a traditional wax but it is pale in comparison when it is put up against a coating such as Opti-coat or Cquartz. The ease of application is the most attractive aspect of this product in my opinion.
      07-01-2013, 05:29 AM   #28
kumkum
India
Rep
Drives: Audi A4, Mercedes Benz A Class

You can use both the cleaners, they not harm wheels because of they are less toxic, I have
used both of them. You can buy any one of them as per your choice, I mean I feel better with Iron cleaner so I usually use it.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2013, 10:26 AM   #29
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

The absolute safest will always be P21S...
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 02:24 AM   #30
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colo M/Sport View Post

you have my blessing to jack the thread lol i just realized, a few layers of rim wax will go a longggg way! i just pressure blast the grime off with no scrubbing and some light soap for presoaking. Definitely look into coating the wheels with some protectant and clean every so often. my e90 is my DD around all of LA county and OC so it accumulates alot of brake dust and i still blast it off. it might take a second but patience is key and waxing is annoying but its worth it in the long run. Ive added maybe 5 stages of wax and damn its amazing!
Appreciate 0