E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > My Techincs wiring harness arrived...

11-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #23
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistryn View Post
I did not realise I would lose the pdc gong, I will connect the rear incoming to outgoing back up to the HU to keep the pdc gongs.

if I joing front and rear outputs onto 2 channels that would mean my rear speaker be amped not sure if this would be possible
You dont have to amp your rears. Just include the rear incoming into your amp, and out going just have your front and your separate woofer wires (so your front speakers). Don't even use rear outgoing. Basically what this is doing is completely disconnecting your rears, and redirecting your rear PDC to your fronts:

Front and Rear HU Output (joined to 2 channels or separate as 4 [not sure if you can join RCAs, i think you can but im unaware of the quality consequences. However I don't think it should change too much]) -> Amp -> Front outgoing and separate woofer wiring

If you're worried about your rears being completely disconnected, which i wouldnt, then you can probably find a way to split the rear incoming:

Rear HU Output -> Split between Amp AND rear outgoing -> Front outgoing and woofers

Again i'm not too sure if this would have any quality consequences. But even with this, your rears will still be a lot quieter than your fronts, so there's probably not much point in doing this.

So to keep your rear PDC without amping your rears, then these 2 solutions should work, but you'll get the gongs at the front obviously
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2012, 11:52 AM   #24
mistryn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

Thanks mob for reply it makes sense now. When I got the harness and opened it up I was like WTF no instructions just a basic very pdf diagram which did not help. Its thanks to members on here who take the time to explain to novice people like myself. If weather permits i will fit tommorow

Just another question i plan to keep my L7 subs for now what type of connections do they take? Is it spade cinnectors as on the technics harness the sub wire has bullet connectors
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #25
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistryn View Post
Just another question i plan to keep my L7 subs for now what type of connections do they take? Is it spade cinnectors as on the technics harness the sub wire has bullet connectors
Well when i added my harness, technic provided me with OEM connectors and wiring. Looks like he's done the same for you, just a different looking connector. In your woofer enclosure there's an area where a wiring plug fits in. This is the speaker connection. So i am assuming you can simply unplug your existing plug, plug in technics on and just cut the connection using the jumper pins. If this doesn't work you'll have to take the sub out and solder/connect the speaker wire on.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2012, 12:39 PM   #26
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Forgot to say, make sure you find out if its safe to split/join your line level outputs before you do anything.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #27
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny.B. View Post
Sammmm

can you show me what would be needed please! where did you get yours from?
Danny what did I get from? Sorry could not understand the question.

Danny what harness are you using?

If you have coded HU to hi-fi, you will not benefit from LOC. It will rather create noise in the sound system especially if LOC is passive.
      11-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #28
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
You dont have to amp your rears. Just include the rear incoming into your amp, and out going just have your front and your separate woofer wires (so your front speakers). Don't even use rear outgoing. Basically what this is doing is completely disconnecting your rears, and redirecting your rear PDC to your fronts:

Front and Rear HU Output (joined to 2 channels or separate as 4 [not sure if you can join RCAs, i think you can but im unaware of the quality consequences. However I don't think it should change too much]) -> Amp -> Front outgoing and separate woofer wiring

If you're worried about your rears being completely disconnected, which i wouldnt, then you can probably find a way to split the rear incoming:

Rear HU Output -> Split between Amp AND rear outgoing -> Front outgoing and woofers

Again i'm not too sure if this would have any quality consequences. But even with this, your rears will still be a lot quieter than your fronts, so there's probably not much point in doing this.

So to keep your rear PDC without amping your rears, then these 2 solutions should work, but you'll get the gongs at the front obviously
OP
If you were to use MS-8, the above method is valid and MS-8 will create cleans signals for amp.
Considering your amp, there will be -ve consequences of this method on your sound output, and as mentioned do it on your own risk.