E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Clippers Owner Donald Sterling's Racist Rant

Closed Thread

04-28-2014, 06:09 PM   #89
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
Relax and stop being so butt hurt. I'm not condemning anyone.
Nor am i being butt hurt. You on the other hand did seem to make contradicting statements....I think. I have to admit that i don't typically read all your posts anymore as they tend to have more conjecture and insults than anything else, especially towards those you are addressing.
      04-28-2014, 06:11 PM   #90
E92inNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
It was harassment he got away with because no one filed a harassment suit.

We all have choices man. Any one of those ball players could have done something about that and they chose not to. Why they made the decision not to act is irrelevant.

I don't get why people are so surprised about stuff like this. Do rich people as a whole get more or less introspective as they become elderly? Do they become more or less entitled as they become elderly? Do they become more or less censored as they age? Rich people have some messed up brains as it is. Give them some perceived power and things just get more and more out of hand. Then an incident happens and all these people who could have done something about this situation years ago come out of the wood work.
These all came out after his history of being sued for discrimination against minorities. I have no idea why this wasn't an issue before because the NBA Players Union were damn well aware of his actions towards the black players that were playing for him or people working for him throughout the past decades. His documented history of discrimination didn't start happening as he got older, it became public decades ago. Being rich and to have the power he does over personnel makes it incredibly relevant due to the fact that federal law prohibits the type of behavior that he has been accused of multiple times. It is absolutely not a crime for him to have his views but it is a crime to discriminate against employees.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 06:24 PM   #91
MiddleAgedAl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

As more and more of this ugly situation becomes public, one really odd thing that stands out to me is the fact that the NAACP has now decided to not give him a SECOND award.

It's clearly no secret that this guy has been this way for a very long time, and not only did he get a first award from them, but up until last weekend, he was due to receive a second one. WTF? Am I missing something here? The media seems to be giving this a pass....

If I was a person who counted on the advocacy of the NAACP to uphold my rights, I'd be very concerned to say the least.

It's one thing for the NBA to look the other way for so long, but they dont have the same social purpose/mission as the NAACP does. Really surprised this egregious skeleton falling out of their closet has not received more attention... if the World Jewish Congress admitted to giving Mel Gibson a 2nd lifetime achievement award; that would be less embarassing...
      04-28-2014, 06:32 PM   #92
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgedAl View Post
As more and more of this ugly situation becomes public, one really odd thing that stands out to me is the fact that the NAACP has now decided to not give him a SECOND award.

It's clearly no secret that this guy has been this way for a very long time, and not only did he get a first award from them, but up until last weekend, he was due to receive a second one. WTF? Am I missing something here? The media seems to be giving this a pass....

If I was a person who counted on the advocacy of the NAACP to uphold my rights, I'd be very concerned to say the least.

It's one thing for the NBA to look the other way for so long, but they dont have the same social purpose/mission as the NAACP does. Really surprised this egregious skeleton falling out of their closet has not received more attention... if the World Jewish Congress admitted to giving Mel Gibson a 2nd lifetime achievement award; that would be less embarassing...
I see it as a powerful message of fostering a sense of solidarity. The NAACP giving Sterling a lifetime achievement award is exactly the kind of action that can begin to change the hearts of people like Sterling. Perhaps it forces him and like-minded racists to re-evaluate their views on the perceived inferiority of minorities.

However, there's only so much slack that should be afforded to Sterling before his views are seen as a "slap in the face." I agree with the NAACP's decision to remit his second achievement award, but I can see a rationale for giving him the first one even in light of Sterling's prior racist history.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 06:33 PM   #93
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgedAl View Post

The left doesn't care whose civil rights you're trampling, whose culture you're disrespecting, or even what laws you've circumvented, as long as you donate lots of money.

Just ask Leland Yee.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 10:03 PM   #94
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
I love being an anonymous jerk.
Holy crap. I actually agree with something Media Artist posted. Hell hath frozen over.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 10:55 PM   #95
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Holy crap. I actually agree with something Media Artist posted. Hell hath frozen over.
Let's be honest, when it comes to the internet and how vicious people can get with personal info (remember the M3 brakes thread?), being anonymous is like a warm, cuddly blanket from which you can launch insult after insult without fear of it being a detriment to you in real life. That is until someone invents a way to punch you through a computer monitor.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 10:57 PM   #96
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
It sounds like the man is insecure, and is using racist remarks in order to put his girlfriend in place. He's being labeled as a racist, but how would a racist be able to date a girl half black and half Asian? That's confusing to me.
He enjoys his power over that demographic. Many slave owners routinely used their slaves for sex too, so I don't see anything confusing about this guy. You know the way pimps view prostitutes as their "b&t%h". Power over another human being who you feel you own. Most pimps beat them senseless then do whatever they want including have sex with someone they treat worse than an animal. (Most pimps have little dogs they love to death). So to this guy he probably sees people as his property.

He tells the girl at one point if you don't do what I want I will get another one who will do what I want. Probably if you look at her background she doesn't have that many options otherwise she wouldn't be with him. Am sure this is not the first time she has endured this treatment. The guy supposedly has a wife too and you notice she has never divorced him despite his very public dating of this "kid" who could be his great grand daughter.

That is the kind of power over other people his kind of money buys him.
      04-28-2014, 11:05 PM   #97
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxyblue View Post
These all came out after his history of being sued for discrimination against minorities. I have no idea why this wasn't an issue before because the NBA Players Union were damn well aware of his actions towards the black players that were playing for him or people working for him throughout the past decades. His documented history of discrimination didn't start happening as he got older, it became public decades ago. Being rich and to have the power he does over personnel makes it incredibly relevant due to the fact that federal law prohibits the type of behavior that he has been accused of multiple times. It is absolutely not a crime for him to have his views but it is a crime to discriminate against employees.
Money can buy you anything and everything except life. The idea of Justice is also bullshit because we all know it doesn't apply equally to everyone. people with his kind of money are not even people anymore. It elevates them to semi-god like status. Their life feelings and everything is worth more, and their sins less sinful. Its the way the world works and will always work.
      04-28-2014, 11:23 PM   #98
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Let's be honest, when it comes to the internet and how vicious people can get with personal info (remember the M3 brakes thread?), being anonymous is like a warm, cuddly blanket from which you can launch insult after insult without fear of it being a detriment to you in real life. That is until someone invents a way to punch you through a computer monitor.
Rarely agree with MediaArtist but he's got a strong point. No matter how good of a guy you are, some pissed off guy on the internet can ruin your life in a heartbeat. I don't understand why people post so many personal information online. No matter how strong you feel you're part of an online community, I don't see the purpose of posting family and house pics for the public to see. One harmless insult can get some sensitive people pissed and start stalking you for every little thing you've posted. It can ruin your reputation and your family just because of some stupid thing that happened online.
      04-29-2014, 12:04 AM   #99
hongsc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

Ok. Now that we know that Sterling is a racist. Can we talk about this girl? She broke the gold digger code. Ferrari, Bentley, $1.8M home etc. And she's rumored to have recorded 100 hours. She's trash and check her Instagram. It's full of win. If I was Sterling I would sue her civilly. When it's all said and done, she'll be left with her visor to hide her face and nothing else.
      04-29-2014, 01:46 AM   #100
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep

They deserve each other. But you bet she got tired and probably hurt by his antics and treatment. Even your dog will eventually bite you if you keep abusing it.
      04-29-2014, 02:59 AM   #101
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

lol @ the bubble some of you live in. So simple minded. You all are like women who follow celebrities and watch Keeping up with the Kardashians.

Also lol @ boycotting a sporting event that you already bought tickets for.... yea that'll show em!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 07:34 AM   #102
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vase330 View Post
He enjoys his power over that demographic. Many slave owners routinely used their slaves for sex too, so I don't see anything confusing about this guy. You know the way pimps view prostitutes as their "b&t%h". Power over another human being who you feel you own. Most pimps beat them senseless then do whatever they want including have sex with someone they treat worse than an animal. (Most pimps have little dogs they love to death). So to this guy he probably sees people as his property.

That is the kind of power over other people his kind of money buys him.
So what you're saying is that the NBA players that he employs and pays millions of dollars to are his slaves or prostitutes? He has an 18 player roster which will be paid a combined $73,000,000 this season. They are the 6th highest paid team. The slavery/prostitution connection is ridiculous.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold

Last edited by KingOfJericho; 04-29-2014 at 07:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 09:11 AM   #103
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Rarely agree with MediaArtist but he's got a strong point. No matter how good of a guy you are, some pissed off guy on the internet can ruin your life in a heartbeat. I don't understand why people post so many personal information online. No matter how strong you feel you're part of an online community, I don't see the purpose of posting family and house pics for the public to see. One harmless insult can get some sensitive people pissed and start stalking you for every little thing you've posted. It can ruin your reputation and your family just because of some stupid thing that happened online.
And this is exactly why I quit Facebook over three years ago.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 09:38 AM   #104
2011CrazE89
Moved on
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z430i & 2015 MB C300

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
And this is exactly why I quit Facebook over three years ago.
I never joined
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 09:46 AM   #105
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Damn I'm just hearing the whole conversation on TMZ of Donald and his gf. Racism so deep and ingrained in this guy. I honestly don't think he respects black people at all. He tries his best to be politically correct but I think his ownership of an NBA team is more like modern day slavery in which he still feels he owns black people.
Maybe he is more like Nero who like death sports as entertainment of the masses.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 10:13 AM   #106
Clippers_FTW
Private
Rep
Drives: CTS-V

Reminds me of that Chris Brown song... "These hoes aint loyal" lol... Terrible time for all this crap to hit the Clippers. We should be closing out the series tonight but due to the distraction .... Terrible time for this.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 10:18 AM   #107
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Maybe he is more like Nero who like death sports as entertainment of the masses.
Yes because being paid millions of dollars a year to play with a rubber ball is the same as being a slave and fighting to the death in the arena........
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 11:03 AM   #108
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S View Post
Yes because being paid millions of dollars a year to play with a rubber ball is the same as being a slave and fighting to the death in the arena........
In this day and age, it's as close as it gets.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 11:07 AM   #109
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011CrazE89 View Post
I never joined
Same here. I ended my whole social networking deal when friendster died. Got into too much trouble with the ladies. Never joined the fb bandwagon and never will.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 11:51 AM   #110
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S View Post
Death sports in Roman culture were incredibly rare anyway. Gladiators were reeeeaaaaally expensive... usually no use in having them kill each other.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread