E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > [Help]On DME box 12v switched power

06-17-2017, 01:51 PM   #1
BOosted 335i
//Thumper
Rep
Drives: BMW

[Help]On DME box 12v switched power

whats the best way to tap in the DME box and attach it to 12v switched power directly?Just to make sure the switched power line is the line thats connected to the green plug where the orange wire is connected to right?trying to rewire the one side of solenoid to 12v switched power as per recommendation in G5_ISO_32_6.

To test this logic set FUA=60 and then enter a 0-100% curve under "Fuel Bias". I'm interested to see logs from various fuel bias curves. 100% = full flow, 50% = 50% dutycycle (but around 70% flow), etc. Be aware there is not a linear relationship between dutycycle and flow and values below 30 may result in inconsistent pump performance. We also suggest rewiring your WMI solenoid for this new feature. Disconnect the solenoid wire going to the WMI pump RED wire and extend it to the DME box and attach it to 12v switched power directly. This will prevent any PWM signal variation to the PUMP from negatively effecting the solenoid itself.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 01:54 AM   #2
R.G.
Captain
Rep
Drives: Isetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOosted 335i View Post
whats the best way to tap in the DME box and attach it to 12v switched power directly?Just to make sure the switched power line is the line thats connected to the green plug where the orange wire is connected to right?.
Correct