E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Another engine problem...

03-24-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
IMF1990
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 330i convertible

Another engine problem...

So I am a month into owning my 2010 E93 330i and the engine light has come on again.

The first time I took it to BMW and they replaced the coil pack.

This morning, cold start -0.5 degree c, I turned the engine on, it died straight away, I turned on the engine again and it misfired, the car shook badly. I went drove in a circuit to warm the engine, turned the car off, turned it back on and it went perfectly.

I have done a bit of research and I have found loads of topics of people having the same symptoms and being fixed different ways.

My question is three fold:

- Is the dealership doing as little work as possible? It feels like the issues are connected and BMW are trying to do as little as they need to remove the light and get it through my warranty period.

- Any ideas from your experience what this could be?

- From your experience of this car, should I be saving now for a big repair down the line?
      03-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #2
Volasko
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i E90, 18 530xe G30

Garage List
You need to have someone read the engine codes and try and post what they find for anyone to come even close to giving advise worth anything. Your description is pretty vague and generic IMHO.
Appreciate 0