E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Main Dealer Discount and maindealerdiscount

08-28-2015, 10:38 AM   #1
AlwynMike
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC.

Main Dealer Discount and maindealerdiscount

I'm not going to start/continue any debate about Dealer/Indy servicing.
Or about the (pointless) Service Check we have.

If you want/need a Dealer Service for your car, then I'm told maindealerdiscount.com was the place to go - but although the website is still up and running, I understand that it has ceased trading.

Back to the old fashioned method of phoning all my local dealers.
This is for just a Service Check, so although one dealer gave me the price including parts and labour, there are actually no parts used - which I clarified with that dealer, much to his chagrin.

Of the 3 dealers within a 15 minute drive of me, the cost varied between £89 and £110.

I was on the BMW website on another quest when I noticed the Service tab. Click through, and the same Service Check, at the same dealer was "only" £76.

No prizes for guessing that I requested a Service through the site, got a phone call the following day and the car was booked in for my preferred date.

The Service Advisor did have trouble finding the right rate when I did arrive, but she was new at BMW.

So, fellow forumites, if you do need to go down the dealer route, always compare the BMW website prices too, as you could save some of your hard-earned.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 02:49 PM   #2
Mogwai888
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: iX3

Mike

This is a really useful tip when trying to find the standard cost of works. I was told by a service advisor that BMW UK has standardised the prices of the standard service items for some models but not all dealerships participate.

There is a dedicated website where you can enter your reg and mileage and it will tell you what service items might be necessary and the costs. It will also let you know your local participating dealership.

https://www.bmw-service.co.uk

I'm not advocating using a dealership for works, it just so happens that the cost of works at my local one are reasonable and service is good. But you can at least use the prices on the website as a comparison to what you are being quoted by an Indy.

Personally, I'd love to take mine to Old Grey Steve's garage but it's a bit of a trek for me!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 01:41 AM   #3
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 520d F10 LCI M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogwai888 View Post
Personally, I'd love to take mine to Old Grey Steve's garage but it's a bit of a trek for me!
I think that's a sentiment many of us would agree with, so it looks like he needs open a whole chain of OGS Garages up & down the country
Appreciate 0